talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 17-19th July, 2020

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’m sure there’s more to say about how important this hame is but I’m absolutely shitting myself

It's a bit shit 15 mins in.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's a bit shit 15 mins in.

Exactly how we want it

6 minutes ago, tlr said:

1-1 at Charlton now.

@Danny would you take a draw today given your much better GD and the fact you have the easiest game (on paper) on the last day?

A draw is great for us, prefer a win obviously but a draw is good

After all that hard work to get into a position where it was in their own hands...

I just didn't see Brentford slipping up there. 

Still, anything can happen. WBA have got to win the last game yet and they haven't won their last three.

• Administrator

Charlton get a 93rd minute equaliser :o 

That means the loser (if there is) of Hull v Luton is pretty much down because of the difference in GD - Charlton's is -11, Hull's is -26, Luton's is -30.

Stoke officially safe. 

Barnsley confirmed relegated if they don't beat Forest tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Potentially a pivotal goal from Charlton to equalise against Wigan for a number of clubs. 

On the flip side of that, how big a goal could that be for Wigan to concede?

I mean if they had hung on, that would have put them 15pts clear of 21st.

Now as it stands its 13pts but with a 12pt deduction still hanging over them so they will be sweating.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

On the flip side of that, how big a goal could that be for Wigan to concede?

I mean if they had hung on, that would have put them 15pts clear of 21st.

Now as it stands its 13pts but with a 12pt deduction still hanging over them so they will be sweating.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard there was some debate about when the -12 would be applied. As in it might not be this season and applied at start of next season (which would be shite for then). Best case is remain 12 ahead of 22nd and it's fine...

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard there was some debate about when the -12 would be applied. As in it might not be this season and applied at start of next season (which would be shite for then). Best case is remain 12 ahead of 22nd and it's fine...

Doesn’t just depend on whether they survive in the Championship or not? Wigan need to be 13 clear of the last relegation space, I believe, to be completely safe, even with a deduction. 

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Doesn’t just depend on whether they survive in the Championship or not? Wigan need to be 13 clear of the last relegation space, I believe, to be completely safe, even with a deduction. 

Yeah I know, my last sentence :D

I’ve seen a lot talking about bottling and tbh I’m baffled

Weve played 8 and won 7, cut down a ten point lead to a 1 point lead. Nothing but proud of the team and coaching staff 

If you’ve watched our last 2 game you’ll have known we’ve put in 2 “meh” performances and got wins and so this isn’t a massive shock. We done enough today to draw the game we just didn’t score.

Proud of the lads for bringing us this far into it, we’re still in for it on the last day of the season and if not the play offs are there.

No negativity, to win 8 games in a row is a mammoth task and to get to 7 takes balls of steel so fair play to the lads. On to Barnsley last game, whatever happens happens. Just a shame we couldn’t win today. Under O’Neill Stoke have the 4th best home form? It is what it is, but not bottled, these boys have given everything for the cause and we’re still only a point away 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived