Reverse Fixture
Newcastle 0-0 Brighton

Recent Form
Brighton - LWLLD
Newcastle - WDLLL

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big game for those who have been saying Newcastle have improved on last season and have been citing points totals. Their entire argument hangs on this game. Anything but a win and that line is dead given that we have Liverpool last game.

We should be capable of winning this. Risk is the defence has gone to shit and Maxi might be out. You'd expect a draw.

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Graeme Souness slating Brighton's style of play for passing the ball in their own half :4_joy:

I don't think a lot of pundits get modern football. Maybe that is why they are pundits.  I don't think you can switch between playing out from the back and long balling it that easy.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think a lot of pundits get modern football. Maybe that is why they are pundits.  I don't think you can switch between playing out from the back and long balling it that easy.

A company the size of Sky must do their research on pundits and the impact of that pundit on ratings. Either Souness has an audience at home who agree with him or talking shite is a selling factor.

45 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

A company the size of Sky must do their research on pundits and the impact of that pundit on ratings. Either Souness has an audience at home who agree with him or talking shite is a selling factor.

Well kamara and merson are probably there because they are so bad it's funny.  I do sometimes wonder if a very knowledgable fan could do a better job than some pundits. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well kamara and merson are probably there because they are so bad it's funny.  I do sometimes wonder if a very knowledgable fan could do a better job than some pundits. 

John Motson would probably say that you don't need to be an ex-footballer to be a very good commentator.

Poor first half. Formation at the heart of that. When I saw who was playing I had a lot of hope, but with this formation we have nullified ourselves. Not sure why we've gone back to a back 5 for this type of game. It's the setup that has delivered the lowest possession in Europe. Here we are 32% possession against Brighton. 

At least it's 0-0 so can be sorted. Or we stick with it and try to go back to that robbing bastard team we used to be before Christmas.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

John Motson would probably say that you don't need to be an ex-footballer to be a very good commentator.

You have to know a lot about football though. I think a mixture is a good thing.  I don't think you can understand some things like what footballers are probably thinking at the time etc but some things I would imagine a sports journalist would be capable of doing a better job than some of the pundits. That's part of the reason I like more female pundits. A female pundit cant get away with  being as bad as owen, Hargreaves, Scholes etc or she will get sacked. She has to be better 

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Poor first half. Formation at the heart of that. When I saw who was playing I had a lot of hope, but with this formation we have nullified ourselves. Not sure why we've gone back to a back 5 for this type of game. It's the setup that has delivered the lowest possession in Europe. Here we are 32% possession against Brighton. 

At least it's 0-0 so can be sorted. Or we stick with it and try to go back to that robbing bastard team we used to be before Christmas.

Bruce needs his half time kebab with extra chilly 

17 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Looks like he had as he was using a tooth pic when he came out for the 2nd half. Pretty gross sight.

🤣perfect timing 

8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Poor game. Naff performance. 1 win in 7. All of our promise has eroded away.

Fans will be throwing kebabs soon

@Harvsky I can imagine the remake. Assuming you been  to Rome at some point.  I know you have been to Rotterdam I remember you playing feyenoord.

They've been to liverpool and everywhere Rotterdam and Rome . But now they're throwing kebabs, kebabs at home, kebabs at home.

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Harvsky I can imagine the remake. Assuming you been  to Rome at some point.  I know you have been to Rotterdam I remember you playing feyenoord.

They've been to liverpool and everywhere Rotterdam and Rome . But now they're throwing kebabs, kebabs at home, kebabs at home.

:4_joy:

We played Roma in the UEFA Cup in the 90s. Before Ashley we went everywhere :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

:4_joy:

We played Roma in the UEFA Cup in the 90s. Before Ashley we went everywhere :ph34r:

Yeah you use to be very competitive I remember.  I remember the year you lost your first 3 games in the champions league group stages and came back to get out the group. I remember you won at feyenoord 3.2 to go through.  That is why I know you played in Rotterdam. It is terrible what these owners get away with. Need some kind of 50 plus 1 rule I think.

Archived