Recent Form
Sheff Utd - WDWWL
Everton - WLDLD

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Richarlison xD what a faker. 

Norwood clearly gets the ball but it's ingrained in players these days to scream out in pain at any kind of tackle. Referee bought his reaction as it took him a while to blow. 

Anyway, Calvert-Lewin had the best chance of the game. Header that hit the post from close range. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Richarlison xD what a faker. 

Norwood clearly gets the ball but it's ingrained in players these days to scream out in pain at any kind of tackle. Referee bought his reaction as it took him a while to blow. 

Anyway, Calvert-Lewin had the best chance of the game. Header that hit the post from close range. 

That one definitely wasn't a foul but I love how Richarlison gets clattered 17 times a game because he doesn't shit out of tackles and nobody says anything then he milks it once and everyone comments on it.

I'm not too upset with what I've seen so far. Gomes has played some lovely passes, and I wish he'd demand the ball from the centre backs though. Davies also needs to help by getting into space better in the middle and giving Sheffield United something else to mark. At the moment it's too easy for them to sit back and force us to bypass the midfield and try and hit high risk passes into the front four. Every time we've created some space it's coming from Gomes receiving the ball in the middle and spreading the play. Sidibe has annoyed me because he's received the ball in a bit of space because of this a couple of times and failed to drive forward with it. Too often we're too happy to keep the ball by passing sideways or backwards. The front four are struggling overall but they need more support from the rest of the team. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That one definitely wasn't a foul but I love how Richarlison gets clattered 17 times a game because he doesn't shit out of tackles and nobody says anything then he milks it once and everyone comments on it.

More than once though isn't it? He gets clattered and he gets the fouls. Fair. 

But then he milks it and still gets the foul. That's the issue? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

More than once though isn't it? He gets clattered and he gets the fouls. Fair. 

But then he milks it and still gets the foul. That's the issue? 

Nobody ever gets booked for fouling him though and I get fed up with the commentators giving him a disproportionate amount of shit for it. He got elbowed in the back of the head earlier and the commentator said "that's he second time he's gone down today already". I've never liked how he rolls around and screams but he gets singled out for it when plenty of others are just as bad.

• Subscriber

As far as dirty set piece 1-0s go there was a lot to like about that performance. Keane and Branthwaite mega at the back, best game from Gomes for ages and although our attack was quiet and could have done better on a few occasions, Richarlison is your classic match winner. Sigurdsson is what he is and he has no place in a two man midfield. We need a better number 10 if we're going to challenge and I'd like to see Iwobi get a proper run there because I think his skill set is better than Sigurdsson these days, but Gylfi linked the play well quite a few times there. Apparently Kean was due to start today before he picked up a knock in training which is a shame because Calvert-Lewin is looking really leggy since the restart.

Sheffield United's overlapping centre backs is my favourite tactical innovation for a long time. Really hard to deal with that overload out wide and so much tactical and fitness work goes into making it work. I've got a lot of time for that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived