talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds Back In The Premier League As Champions!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see such a big club back in the top flight once again. Hope they can maintain their Premier League status for many years now. Always had a lot of respect for Leeds, remember seeing them at Southend United a fair few times when they were in League 1. Always packed out the away end no matter what time or day, only team I've ever seen do that at Roots Hall other than Colchester. 

First time I went to Elland Rd was fantastic. We won 3 - 1, Neil Ruddock scored and he got some right shit off the home fans. Leeds lost but the Leeds lot didn't give a shit, the place was rocking. They gave us more abuse than ive ever witnessed and I was shit scared im not gunna lie. But I absolutely loved it! 

I once met Mick Jones who used to play for Leeds in their great 70's side... top bloke. Always liked Leeds, definitely my second favourite club.

Wish them all the best. Bet @Lucas is pissed already xD

Cant wait to see them back where they belong!

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

First time I went to Elland Rd was fantastic. We won 3 - 1, Neil Ruddock scored and he got some right shit off the home fans. Leeds lost but the Leeds lot didn't give a shit, the place was rocking. They gave us more abuse than ive ever witnessed and I was shit scared im not gunna lie. But I absolutely loved it! 

I once met Mick Jones who used to play for Leeds in their great 70's side... top bloke. Always liked Leeds, definitely my second favourite club.

Wish them all the best. Bet @Lucas is pissed already xD

Cant wait to see them back where they belong!

Was that the year man utd won the treble?

I woke up to my dad in an insanely good mood today because of this. Congrats to @Lucas too. I don't know how old you are but my dad has been waiting 16 years for this after he had conceded they wouldn't go back up in his lifetime.

• Administrator

Talking of Elland Road, it'll be a great shame, not least for Leeds fans, not to see it packed out when the new season starts for their first home game. What an atmosphere that would have been. Famed for it's atmosphere and vociferous crowd, wonder how much it'll affect them when they need them the most to have a good start.

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Was that the year man utd won the treble?

Just been talking on phone to my old man about it and he reckons it was 2 - 0? I was sure they scored but he says not! It was mid 90's (95/96) roughly so you'd have to check mate regarding Utd.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Talking of Elland Road, it'll be a great shame, not least for Leeds fans, not to see it packed out when the new season starts for their first home game. What an atmosphere that would have been. Famed for it's atmosphere and vociferous crowd, wonder how much it'll affect them when they need them the most to have a good start.

It would be a shame, they would take the roof off! 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just been talking on phone to my old man about it and he reckons it was 2 - 0? I was sure they scored but he says not! It was mid 90's (95/96) roughly so you'd have to check mate regarding Utd.

I was thinking of when they won at Anfield I think so wrong year 

14 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Mad to think there are people in their 20s with no recollection of Leeds in the Premier League. 

I'm in my mid 20s and can just about remember it, without checking it was 2004 when they were relegated? Earliest PL memory I have is Rovers drawing with Ipswich, which would have been 01-02.

Still, well done Leeds, the Premier League will be a better place for them being in it. Just need Forest back up now to add to the nostalgia xD

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, tlr said:

I'm in my mid 20s and can just about remember it, without checking it was 2004 when they were relegated? Earliest PL memory I have is Rovers drawing with Ipswich, which would have been 01-02.

Still, well done Leeds, the Premier League will be a better place for them being in it. Just need Forest back up now to add to the nostalgia xD

I remember it because it was the year we went down with them xD 

Also along with Wolves so will be the first time all 3 of us are back in the division together. Wonder what odds are on all 3 of us going down together again. 5000/1? 

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Now Leeds is back, I wouldn't mind a Viduka 2.0 and a Kewell that isn't made of wet straw. tah

I was loving it when we signed Kewell. He was unplayable in some games, brilliant. In most games though he just couldnt get through them. Such a shame his legs went so early because he was some player. 

10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

What you get instead is Kruse and Archie Thompson 

It's because all the *mediterranean australian three lettered word* have assimilated into playing VFL and league. Everyone else was just too skinny to play rugby or aerial ping-pong. Nobody is really interested in soccer in Australia. What the country needs to do is stop issuing visas to third-world countries for cheap and temprorary labour to artificially boost the economy, and start giving visas on soccer skill.

47 minutes ago, Spike said:

Now Leeds is back, I wouldn't mind a Viduka 2.0 and a Kewell that isn't made of wet straw. tah

I’d like to see Mitrovic at Leeds, he’s a bit of a nasty bastard and bags plenty of goals. 

• The title was changed to Leeds Back In The Premier League As Champions!

Archived