talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds Back In The Premier League As Champions!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Rick said:

I’d like to see Mitrovic at Leeds, he’s a bit of a nasty bastard and bags plenty of goals. 

I'd take him as well. Especially if Fulham don't end up coming up. 

• Subscriber

I originally posted this in the old Leeds thread so I will post it in here.

Welcome back @Lucas to your Leeds, you are back with the big boys now and let's hope your Leeds don't do an Up & Down scenario and stay in the big time...:shutup:  :P

Cheers lads, I really appreciate it.

As you can probably imagine, the last 16 to 18 hours has been mental. It wasn't meant to happen that soon but fuck it.

Not gonna lie, I've not drunk since June but I was out last night with mates and I have an absolute stinking hangover this morning. Was it worth it? Without a doubt.

I'm not sure anyone will ever quite understand what it means because for a big club with such expectancy, it's actually been constant pressure on us to do it and we have always failed. 

16 Years. 16 fucking long years since the Premier League, and in that time we've had...

0 Trophies

1 Stadium Sale

1 Administration

3 Embarassing defeats to Non League in FA Cup

4 Playoff Failures

5 Crazy Owners

16 Managers

25 Points Deducted

100m+ Debts Settled

143 League One Games

601 Championship Games

Tuesday nights at Hereford, Port Vale and Tranmere

Seeing all your best youngsters flogged and still have no bucket to piss in

Constant abuse and laughter at our failures and humiliations.

"Leeds...Leeds are falling apart, again"

The butt of all jokes. Loads of anger, frustration and tears.

It feels like we've seen it all. Spygate, letting teams score, protests, the fans blocking a car park so Massimo Cellino couldn't leave, court cases involving the club, documentaries, I could go on.

I could fill a fucking page of bad memories that I never want to revisit but in a strange and twisted way, it has made us stronger.

And this feeling, right now, makes it all worth it. This is why you stick with your club through thick and thin for these moments. Don't get me wrong, they have pushed me to the absolute edge and I wasn't sure I'd ever see it happen. But finally it has and it means the world.

The support has been phenomenal and we pack out the grounds home and away. Those that have watched us away at Rochdale losing thoroughly deserve this moment.

This isn't just your normal yo yo club getting promoted or some team getting lucky for their 5 minutes of fame up in the Premier League, this feels so much more different because it's Leeds and the size of the club and I have been overwhelmed by the texts, calls and words on social media and here from people who appreciate what a slog it has been.

Bielsa will forever be a god at the club now, he has broken the curse and done it without splashing cash and simply improving the players we had. What an absolute icon the man is. Just not enough words to describe him.

It's a shame we couldn't do it in front of the fans but I will happily take this moment and you can bet your bottom dollar when people are allowed back to watch, the atmosphere will be fucking special. Especially when Man Utd come to town...

Cheers all x

• The title was changed to Leeds Back In The Premier League As Champions!

Yeah those clips are brilliant to watch.

It's this one for me. When you are not used to seeing a man like Bielsa show this side, when he has been so buisness like, and then the relief of two years of hard work pour out, it just gets you.

You can see all the players absolutely idolise him. He has made them not only better players, but better individuals. It's not been just about Football for him. He has brought us all together as a club and there is a connect like I've never felt amongst fans, players, ownerships etc. Perhaps in some ways, it's made us more likeable to neutrals too.

Out on a limb here, but this could well be his greatest achievement in his career.

I hope he allows himself to enjoy it given how much he has personally sacrificed but no doubt come a week on Monday he'll have a 56 page dossier made up on Burnley for next season.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah those clips are brilliant to watch.

There is a saying in Latin "omne trium perfectum" which means it comes in threes for perfection, you never know buddy, getting promoted yesterday and Champions today and as you said in your post ..."16 Years. 16 fucking long years since the Premier League, and in that time we've had...0 Trophies"

Could a trophy of any sort come to Leeds this year back in the EPL, you never know? 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479zrrcutkthgejb84wq

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

@CaaC (John) as a Man United fan why does it appear you'd be happy for Leeds to win a trophy?

Isn't the rivalry huge?

It's funny really Stan as once upon a time I could not stand Leeds and supporters as I got slashed in the back by a Leeds supporter in Germany in my army days, I needed ten stitches and still have the scar today but I was drunk as a skunk (so was he) at that time, single and a rowdy bastard and arguing over footy.

But once I got married and settled down I forgot and forgave after that and enjoyed football as it should be and when you see teams like Leeds, Nottingham Forrest and a few others in the lower divisions that once graced the Premier league makes me sad really, so I hope Leeds coming back can give the likes of my United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea & Arsenal a run for their money after all the trophies they have won in the last 16 years. 

That includes Leicester as when they got promoted, settled in and established their selves as a top club they stood up to the latter mentioned and won a trophy so I hope Leeds do the same.

And another reason why I like Leeds United is they gave United a player that became a Legend at OT and still is and one of my favourite players, the King of OT.....

CANTONA

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476eyalmgkqep4ko6s8o

Congratulations to Leeds United on them getting promoted and what an excellent manager Bielsa has been for them. We will have another big club back in the Premier League next season, which can only be a good thing.

A couple from yesterday's scenes at Millennium Square.

The energy in the city yesterday was absolutely unreal. It's been such a long time coming.

It really feels like this club has been reborn again, we are literally all over the media and and quite frankly, I can't get enough of it.

IMG_20200719_210011.thumb.jpg.574502389c2e292f498fe4aae94c933e.jpg

IMG_20200719_234150.thumb.jpg.09a2fafaaf4cc4163610941800255df0.jpg

• Administrator

@Lucas how do you think you'll do next season?

What kind of improvements are needed - surely can't rely on Bamford as a striker in PL...

Do you think most players are ready for the step up? I imagine Bielsa has the experience and nous to do so but do you need investment in the squad? Can't imagine that the Norwich way of barely spending and sticking with the squad that got them up will work. But at the same time, you could spend mad like Villa and also go down too...

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Lucas how do you think you'll do next season?

What kind of improvements are needed - surely can't rely on Bamford as a striker in PL...

Do you think most players are ready for the step up? I imagine Bielsa has the experience and nous to do so but do you need investment in the squad? Can't imagine that the Norwich way of barely spending and sticking with the squad that got them up will work. But at the same time, you could spend mad like Villa and also go down too...

Honestly?

Right now, I would take 17th if offered. We have not worked and grafted our bollocks off after 16 years to chuck it all away after a year.

Hand on heart, I think we can stay up and I would expect us to be somewhere between 12th and 16th. I don't think we could do a Sheffield United, they have been supurb. I think we will ride the wave of promotion, we will cause a few shocks but we won't have it our own way either.

Teams will want to beat us because of who we are. It's not like it's a Norwich, Watford or Bournemouth, people either generally don't like us or take great pleasure in wanting to beat us because we're historically a big side.

We 100% need more quality. We need to make sure we do what we can to secure Ben White as our centre back because he has been key to all our clean sheets and the way we play from the back. We need more quality on the wing and in front of goal. We all know Bamford is not going to do it for us at that level.

As for the step up, I'm under no illusions it will be hard but we are one of the first newly promoted clubs that will be coming up with world reknown coach and let's be real, he's pretty special. He has us disciplined and playing a great brand of football and I think teams will be surprised at our fitness and intensity.

The other string to our bow is the fans and its imperative we can all return to stadiums soon because Elland Road would be an absolute nightmare for clubs to go to this year. We could really use that to our advantage. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Honestly?

Right now, I would take 17th if offered. We have not worked and grafted our bollocks off after 16 years to chuck it all away after a year.

Hand on heart, I think we can stay up and I would expect us to be somewhere between 12th and 16th. I don't think we could do a Sheffield United, they have been supurb. I think we will ride the wave of promotion, we will cause a few shocks but we won't have it our own way either.

Teams will want to beat us because of who we are. It's not like it's a Norwich, Watford or Bournemouth, people either generally don't like us or take great pleasure in wanting to beat us because we're historically a big side.

We 100% need more quality. We need to make sure we do what we can to secure Ben White as our centre back because he has been key to all our clean sheets and the way we play from the back. We need more quality on the wing and in front of goal. We all know Bamford is not going to do it for us at that level.

As for the step up, I'm under no illusions it will be hard but we are one of the first newly promoted clubs that will be coming up with world reknown coach and let's be real, he's pretty special. He has us disciplined and playing a great brand of football and I think teams will be surprised at our fitness and intensity.

The other string to our bow is the fans and its imperative we can all return to stadiums soon because Elland Road would be an absolute nightmare for clubs to go to this year. We could really use that to our advantage. 

Fair enough. It's a huge transition but with Bielsa it's almost like a bonus card you've been dealt thanks to his experience and knowledge. You're definitely a more prestigious name than the likes of the clubs you mention who are just a bit dull these days. And that's come about from how you were back in the days of Leeds as a PL club. A giant pretty much. 

I'm hoping we play you when there's no crowd xD. Out of our current crop only Vardy will probably cherish playing you guys. I suspect everyone else will shit themselves. 

• Subscriber

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hand on heart, I think we can stay up and I would expect us to be somewhere between 12th and 16th. I don't think we could do a Sheffield United, they have been superb. I think we will ride the wave of promotion, we will cause a few shocks but we won't have it our own way either.

An honest man speaking but you never know.  :congrats:

Archived