talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds Back In The Premier League As Champions!

• Subscriber
On 18/07/2020 at 17:08, Stan said:

Shades of @Mpache in here

Are you saying @Mpache is the next Bielsa?

Living in Leeds this weekend has been amazing. Everywhere you go, even if it's just to the shop, there's fans with their shirts on and chatting about the promotion and then being crowned Champions. I really cannot wait to see what Leeds can do back in the Premier League and witness even more so what it means to this city.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

"What was the main single thing that went wrong??? 

"Results" 

xD

The interviewer was terrible. He was desperately trying to wind the two blokes up but didn't have the mind to do it.

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

I watched this again today and thought of @Lucas and the two golden girls @CaaC (John) @Bluewolf

I remember watching that after I watched The Damned United film. Great watch.

Firstly, hats off to Clough, he showed some fucking balls in that interview. Not easy when you are being put on the spot like that next to our greatest ever manager and he could have easily crumbled in that scenario.

Secondly, imagine having that scenario now, would never happen but how brilliant would it be if it was. This was very unique and that's why it's so memorable.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Rick said:

New kit supplier is Adidas. Hopefully you don’t get that horrible template Leicester ended up with this year. 

Wait til you see next season's xD 

This year's wasn't that bad. Last season's was the best we've had from Adidas.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wait til you see next season's xD 

This year's wasn't that bad. Last season's was the best we've had from Adidas.

Badly worded on my part, I meant next seasons. 😂

On 18/07/2020 at 17:23, CaaC (John) said:

xD

Imagine your this bloke. You find out not only your wifes uploaded a video of you celebrating a goal but a load of social justice fraggles have made the massive assumption that you dont care about young girls being raped and criticising you because of it 😂😂

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

magine your this bloke. You find out not only your wifes uploaded a video of you celebrating a goal but a load of social justice fraggles have made the massive assumption that you dont care about young girls being raped and criticising you because of it 😂😂

I love the bit where his bird is worrying about her lampshade and she tells him, then he says "FUCK OFF...":4_joy:

And this is what the mighty Leeds United have come to, taunting little old Brentford on their socials for what seems to be no reason whatsoever...xD Bizarre video, would be less weird if it was from a players personal social media and was leaked, players getting pissed and having a laugh. But the fact the clubs socials have posted it especially as Frank has been nothing but professional all season, just bizarre, and we've been accused of trying to forge a rivalry. Can't say I want Leeds to get relegated next season, I like Bielsa and the club in general deserve promotion. But they've certainly been going out their way in recent days to make any potential return to the Championship that extra bit painful.

Screams Orta this. You know even through promotion that the Watkins penalty and what ensued has been eating away at him seeing as this is what's on their mind days after securing promotion and a title.

Edit: The tweet's been deleted...it was a couple of Leeds players singing "mind the gap Thomas Frank".

Happy for Liam Cooper, another Hull City product we let slip away. I always thought he was capable for us, whether he's Prem level is another thing but I hope he does well. For a club which rarely produces players it's galling to see Cooper and Daniel James plying their trade two leagues above us because of our own mistakes.

11 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Happy for Liam Cooper, another Hull City product we let slip away. I always thought he was capable for us, whether he's Prem level is another thing but I hope he does well. For a club which rarely produces players it's galling to see Cooper and Daniel James plying their trade two leagues above us because of our own mistakes.

Cooper has definitely improved under Bielsa but I'm interested to see how much of that is individual and how much of that is because he's had Ben White next to him. We will soon see.

20 hours ago, Danny said:

And this is what the mighty Leeds United have come to, taunting little old Brentford on their socials for what seems to be no reason whatsoever...xD Bizarre video, would be less weird if it was from a players personal social media and was leaked, players getting pissed and having a laugh. But the fact the clubs socials have posted it especially as Frank has been nothing but professional all season, just bizarre, and we've been accused of trying to forge a rivalry. Can't say I want Leeds to get relegated next season, I like Bielsa and the club in general deserve promotion. But they've certainly been going out their way in recent days to make any potential return to the Championship that extra bit painful.

Screams Orta this. You know even through promotion that the Watkins penalty and what ensued has been eating away at him seeing as this is what's on their mind days after securing promotion and a title.

Edit: The tweet's been deleted...it was a couple of Leeds players singing "mind the gap Thomas Frank".

Come on Danny. Be real mate. Twitter accounts do not reflect clubs. I'd actually love to see the real people behind all these club Twitter accounts.

They are ran by immature cunts who like to be 'brave' behind a screen and are in no way, shape or form reflect what the club is really about. They simply thrive to take the piss and have banter with others to get likes, retweets and interactions. They play up to the crowd, it's all for show.

You see it all the time. Take it with a pinch of salt because all clubs seem to give and take stick through social media to stir up. It means fuck all but if you wish to use it as ammunition to fire yourself up, it can't hurt.

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

Come on Danny. Be real mate. Twitter accounts do not reflect clubs. I'd actually love to see the real people behind all these club Twitter accounts.

They are ran by immature cunts who like to be 'brave' behind a screen and are in no way, shape or form reflect what the club is really about. They simply thrive to take the piss and have banter with others to get likes, retweets and interactions. They play up to the crowd, it's all for show.

You see it all the time. Take it with a pinch of salt because all clubs seem to give and take stick through social media to stir up. It means fuck all but if you wish to use it as ammunition to fire yourself up, it can't hurt.

I’m not fired up by it mate just thought it was a strange tweet, like I said before I don’t really wish your lot any Ill and you staying up would be great for the league. But I do agree at times social media people can be absolute cancer to a clubs profile.

Its an interesting insight into your club though and how you’ve used us partly as motivation, clearly we’ve got under your skin with that video and Ayling’s tweet which has largely been based off of a soundbite comment that was extracted from a fairly innocuous statement before our game at Griffin Park.

• 5 months later...

Archived