talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lance Stroll #18

A topic for everyone's favourite driver. ;)

rrjofyoonmb51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

P3 today in Qualifying. Let's be real. Of course his dad has money, and of course that helped him along the way. But you don't become an Italian F4 Champion, F3 Champion, and the youngest driver to get a podium in a F1 rookie season, and the 2nd youngest F1 podium finisher ever, simply because your dad has money. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Eco said:

No, but I still don't like him and I'm not sure why. I think RP has put out a great car this year, but I don't like either of their drivers.

You don't even like Checo? He's one of my favourites. 

22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why though?

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why :(

Simple -

Their is a deep rivalry in all sports between the US and Mexico. They have an F1 driver, we do not. 

Nothing against him as a person, just a bit of an annoying reminder that we don't have a driver 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Simple -

Their is a deep rivalry in all sports between the US and Mexico. They have an F1 driver, we do not. 

Nothing against him as a person, just a bit of an annoying reminder that we don't have a driver 

So if there's no German driver on the grid next season, I have to start hating Max Verstappen? Feels a bit petty. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So if there's no German driver on the grid next season, I have to start hating Max Verstappen? Feels a bit petty. 

I don't care what you do or who you like.

Just saying that I'm not a Checo fan. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I don't care what you do or who you like.

Just saying that I'm not a Checo fan. 

Do you also want to build a wall around Mexico? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Do you also want to build a wall around Mexico? :ph34r:

Christ you are sensitive.

No, I don't hate him or anything, just don't want him to win. I don't want him harmed, killed, or injured, and by everything I have seen, he appears to be a really nice guy.

Just don't want him to win.

• Subscriber

I'll just repost what I have already posted a while ago. 

I don't care about Stroll and there have definitely been worse pay drivers than him but at least that F3 title with Prema is a very controversial one. His father bought the team and pumped ridiculous money into it; brought Williams F1 engineers and even Ferrari's Baldiserri in for Lance, paid to use their wind tunnel (the only car that had access to it in the whole of F3) and paid for a new high-tech simulator at Williams, which was calibrated for F3 so Bottas and Massa could not even use it throughout the season in F1. Prema had more staff working in F3 for Lance than they did in their F2 setup. His teammates had by far less resources and were given team orders when it was needed. On top of that, they were caught using special parts developed exclusively for him by Williams, leading to two disqualifications. And last but not the least, he only had to beat 15 other drivers as a lot of teams went to race elsewhere due to Prema's/Stroll advantage. 8 of those were rookies and two of the remaining ones were his teammates. Honestly I would have been shocked if he didn't win the title that season.

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't care about Stroll and there have definitely been worse pay drivers than him but at least that F3 title with Prema is a very controversial one. His father bought the team and pumped ridiculous money into it; brought Williams F1 engineers and even Ferrari's Baldiserri in for Lance, paid to use their wind tunnel (the only car that had access to it in the whole of F3) and paid for a new high-tech simulator at Williams, which was calibrated for F3 so Bottas and Massa could not even use it throughout the season in F1. Prema had more staff working in F3 for Lance than they did in their F2 setup. His teammates had by far less resources and were given team orders when it was needed. On top of that, they were caught using special parts developed exclusively for him by Williams, leading to two disqualifications. And last but not the least, he only had to beat 15 other drivers as a lot of teams went to race elsewhere due to Prema's/Stroll advantage. 8 of those were rookies and two of the remaining ones were his teammates. Honestly I would have been shocked if he didn't win the title that season.

Damn. Those are pretty serious facts. 

I don't mind him, but really didn't know all that. Hard for me to completely blame the driver for the ideas and actions of the father, and I'm not sure what kind of relationship they have.

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well....ok. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Eco said:

How many of the current F1 don't come from loaded families?

Kimi, Lewis, Seb, Ocon, Bottas all come from relatively humble backgrounds. Not sure if I missed anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Kimi, Lewis, Seb, Ocon, Bottas all come from relatively humble backgrounds. Not sure if I missed anyone else. 

I knew about Lewis and Ocon.

I'd say Kvyat as well, no?

7 hours ago, nudge said:

Daniel Ricciardo too. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Daniel Ricciardo too. 

Cool, didn't know that! 

Also, forgot Giovonazzi too. He was only able to continue racing because his teammate Galael's father sponsored him from the very start after the two became friends. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived