talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Worst Dives

football forum

• Administrator

Inspired by a small discussion myself, @Dr. Gonzo and @CaaC (John) just had in the Man Utd vs Chelsea thread, what's the worst dive you can remember? 

Not talking about where there's contact and the exaggerated reaction has tried to con the ref (although this can be argued a dive) - more those where there's blatantly no contact and the player has fallen, clearly asking for a penalty/free-kick.

The arms-flailing, back-arching, injury-feigning arseholes who do their bit to ruin the (beautiful) game...

This one comes to mind...

ElderlyNeedyJackal-size_restricted.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a Didier Drogba dive in all honesty. He was a tremendous player, but one of the biggest divers I’ve ever seen. Was always funny because he was a big physical bastard, but would go down like the world’s cheapest whore.

Or that dive from the shite AC Milan forward who’s name I can’t remember against Celtic

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Probably a Didier Drogba dive in all honesty. He was a tremendous player, but one of the biggest divers I’ve ever seen. Was always funny because he was a big physical bastard, but would go down like the world’s cheapest whore.

Or that dive from the shite AC Milan forward who’s name I can’t remember against Celtic

Haha yes what a shout.

1753442.main_image.gif?strip=all

Alberto Gilardino.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I liked the one in here from Drogba, could be the one you are talking about, but keep watching because Steven Gerrard makes an appearance, not once but 3 times... If you include his world class slip he has spent more time on the floor than my living room carpet... what a slag

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

I don't think anything will ever top Steven Taylor pretending to be shot when the ball struck his arm

EnlightenedRelievedBarbet-small.gif

Ooh good shout too.

Same game as the Bowyer/Dyer fight right?

Quiet game.

Truly vile piece of work was Diouf, not just for the abive either. We ended up signing him as well!

Always remember those Blackburn Bolton games as there was some mad records like in 10 seasons the home team only won once each.

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I liked the one in here from Drogba, could be the one you are talking about, but keep watching because Steven Gerrard makes an appearance, not once but 3 times... If you include his world class slip he has spent more time on the floor than my living room carpet... what a slag

I’m not going to watch an 8 minute video on dives made by some manc cunt xD

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I don't think anything will ever top Steven Taylor pretending to be shot when the ball struck his arm

EnlightenedRelievedBarbet-small.gif

I remember that! I think on slower replays it actually looks like he hurts his head/neck in diving by hitting the keepers leg with his neck

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m not going to watch an 8 minute video on dives made by some manc cunt xD

Don't blame you mate the music was shit... I have sorted out a couple more much shorter ones for you... 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Don't blame you mate the music was shit... I have sorted out a couple more much shorter ones for you... 

It’s alright nothing will change the fact that I’ve never seen a diver like Drogba, because unlike Neymar... who really just takes the piss with diving... and tbh a ton of other players on the continent who are all much worse with the diving... he was a big fucker that used his physicality all the fucking time.

I don’t blame him mind you, I think diving is so prevalent in football because there’s a lot of blatant fouls missed. And like those Stevie G dives... at least there’s contact in most of them.

Honestly, I think that Gilardino dive against Celtic is one of the worst dives I’ve ever seen. I remember the dive more than I remember the player at AC Milan (he was good at Fiorentina though).

But most recently the worst dives I’ve seen have both been in England and after the covid restart. Both were pretty similar, there’s Bruno Fernandes winning that penalty by fouling the Aston Villa penalty then going down like he was the one fouled. Then Grealish trying the same thing recently when I called him a cunt, but not winning the penalty (he should have been booked).

Archived