talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marco Silva Named as New Watford Manager

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked very pissed off with everything on the bench against us, considering they're safe and it was a nothing end of the season game, his body language and reactions suggested there was something else going on. I know they're on a very poor run but he put an awful lot of energy into the game on the sidelines Monday, from what I've seen of him he normally prefers to sit down on the bench and is quite motionless, on Monday night he was contesting every decision, was up and down and constantly moaning to his back room staff about things, his reactions to some of the goals and chances conceded that night told its own story.

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

There's a surprise. 

There must be something in the water down Watford. Flores leaves after a decent first season and now Mazzari does the same. Let's not forget that the bloke that got them promoted in the first place also walked. 

I hope they hire Ben Dover just to see @Mazzari's new screen name.

Not sure how much truth is in it but Watford fans were saying that Jokanovic went because of the terms he demanded on his contract.

• Subscriber

Saw this coming the minute I saw Watford's team sheet against us. No Deeney. I was amazed when I saw that. Massive sign that things aren't right at that club.

I've got a feeling Deeney will end up here this summer.

Ranieri the early favourite for them. Now that would be intriguing.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Saw this coming the minute I saw Watford's team sheet against us. No Deeney. I was amazed when I saw that. Massive sign that things aren't right at that club.

he and Deeney have had their issues for ages, way before we played them.

Ranieri is apparently going to Nice as Favre will be going Dortmund. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

he and Deeney have had their issues for ages, way before we played them.

Ranieri is apparently going to Nice as Favre will be going Dortmund. 

Fucking hell xD back in the Champions League!

18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Deeney is the heart beat of that club. tWould be a massive mistake letting him go.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Nobody is bigger than the club. 

Latching so far onto Deeney will hurt them in the long run. 

Nobody is bigger than a club but losing somebody of his character and influence would hit them real hard when the league is so tight and the reward at fourty points is so great.

• Administrator

I don't see Mazzari's departure as a bad thing. Then again constantly changing your manager season in season out doesn't scream progression. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Will they pull a random overseas coach out the bag again or get Pardew in?

It's the Pozzo's ... I'd be shocked if it was an English manager. To which we can cue the predictable screams of "British jobs for British managers" where we line up the usual useless cunts of Steve Bruce, Steve McClaren and Alan Pardew. All equally awful. 

Watford have peaked. This is the problem with the money in football. They can't really go forward. Just another team whose only purpose in life is to make it to 40 points as quickly as possible.

The top of the table is cemented with the same teams. The likes of Man Utd and Arsenal should be around 12th if there wasn't such a big financial divide.

• Administrator

in regards to the earlier discussion, it's definitely best to get rid of Mazzarri than Deeney, as well as agreeing nobody is bigger than the club. But Mazzarri also falls under the 'nobody' category. it's clear the players feel some apathy towards Mazzarri and his training techniques and mannerisms. They don't respond to him and the language barrier is probably a huge factor in that. Apparently they weren't happy that training sessions took ages because of having to use a translator. 

Deeney is pretty much the polar opposite to Mazzarri. Deeney clearly has a positive effect on those around him and Mazzarri kind of abused his power by benching him just to make a point and a statement instead of doing what's best for the club. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Would they be so quick to sell a player for not having learnt the language if that player was Troy Deeney?

Blaming language is a poor get out, for me. 

i don't think it is just the language, it's just a big factor in it. 

Just now, Stan said:

i don't think it is just the language, it's just a big factor in it. 

I think it's utter rubbish to use it as an excuse. Watford are probably one of the most multi-cultured clubs in the Premier League and will have a number of different nationalities and spoken languages in their squad and backroom staff. Other clubs manage it fairly well and don't turn to this as an excuse to sack a manager.

I would wager huge money that if Troy Deeney was Italian that they wouldn't sell him after one year due to "language issues". It's a rubbish get out to say the same of Mazzari. I saw an interview recently with Sergio Aguero in Spanish, he's been in the UK a number of years now and obviously wasn't confident enough to sit an interview in English. 

Language shouldn't be used as a stick to beat people with. Results, performances, morale and targets should be and you can easily argue that Mazzari deserved to be relieved of his duties based on those, rather than his ability or inability to speak English. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

I think it's utter rubbish to use it as an excuse. Watford are probably one of the most multi-cultured clubs in the Premier League and will have a number of different nationalities and spoken languages in their squad and backroom staff. Other clubs manage it fairly well and don't turn to this as an excuse to sack a manager.

I would wager huge money that if Troy Deeney was Italian that they wouldn't sell him after one year due to "language issues". It's a rubbish get out to say the same of Mazzari. I saw an interview recently with Sergio Aguero in Spanish, he's been in the UK a number of years now and obviously wasn't confident enough to sit an interview in English. 

Language shouldn't be used as a stick to beat people with. Results, performances, morale and targets should be and you can easily argue that Mazzari deserved to be relieved of his duties based on those, rather than his ability or inability to speak English. 

Agree with this to a point but you have to admit that not bothering to learn the language of the nation where you earn a living is lazy. As you say though, not a sackable offence. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Agree with this to a point but you have to admit that not bothering to learn the language of the nation where you earn a living is lazy. As you say though, not a sackable offence. 

Any proof out there that suggests he didn't at least attempt it? There's a big difference between learning a language and speaking that language, whether that's on a training pitch or to some wanky Sky journalist. 

On 2017-5-17 at 1:58 PM, Cannabis said:

There's a surprise. 

There must be something in the water down Watford. Flores leaves after a decent first season and now Mazzari does the same. Let's not forget that the bloke that got them promoted in the first place also walked. 

I hope they hire Ben Dover just to see @Mazzari's new screen name.

Flores was a much worse sacking. Mazzari has been lucky a lot this season, most people who watched us would tell you we should be going down with how we played. Just hoping Marco Silva or Mancini is the replacement, not Ranieri.

• The title was changed to Marco Silva Named as New Watford Manager

Archived