talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Proper introduction lads

football forum

I'm Takezo, a portuguese 22y old that loves to watch and read about football tactically. These days I don't have much of a favourite club because I grew up these last decade really disapointed about my club, FC Porto. I would love to be a coach someday in future outside of my mechanical engineer course, that I still need to finish.

I love music (mainly hip hop, post punk, dream pop and some other glitchy things) and other types of art too, I do some amateur photography on the side as a hobby. 

I don't know what to say more. :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Welcome aboard! 

Pop into our photography thread from time to time :)

Also, you're an F1 too? 

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Welcome aboard @Takezo, keep posting and as @nudge said you should pop into her Photography thread and we also have an F1 Thread as she mentioned. :ay:

Photography Thread

F1 Forum/ Formula One Racing 

Thank you! I already showed up on the photography thread and yes I'm a F1 enthusiast, Ferrari fan tbf untill the whole Seb thing.

• Administrator

Welcome to the fun house @Takezo!

Bittersweet title win for Porto for their first win in a while but no fans able to support and celebrate in the stadium :(

Hope you enjoy the place! 

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

Welcome to the fun house @Takezo!

Bittersweet title win for Porto for their first win in a while but no fans able to support and celebrate in the stadium :(

Hope you enjoy the place! 

Thank you, it seems like a very chill place and I'm really enjoying that.

In relation to the bold and doing some off topic - even if I could celebrate it I wouldn't. I don't believe this management nor the coach to be fair. I don't know anyone who enjoys seeing our games and ends up not protesting after the whistle, but it's football and most people don't care about anything but winning (matter of fact most of them don't even like football but only the club). 2 weeks ago they wanted the coach's head on a spike, now they talk like he is the last cookie of the package when he clearly isn't. We had some gutracking moments since 2013 because we invested poorly in players and coaches and mostly because our rivals were being competent, now we still the same we even play more poorly but the rival is doing a better job of being worse than us in a league that you probably win every game anyway because the difference is so huge to the small clubs that get worse by the year (but we have big problems to defeat anyone because we lack everything tactically, but a penalty 10 minutes after the 90 minutes or a set piece gives us the 3 points). I like to think about of anything within a context, and these 3 years have been absolute mental in the worst way possible, we play badly even tho we have a lot more quality to play more than this kick and rush thing, the management is shooting their own foot with some decisions, and the supporters have this stupid loyalty to them because of things that happened 15 years ago and to the coach because he won 2 of the worst 3 seasons ever in Portugal mainly scoring through set pieces. Plus Sergio Conceição dealing with great players like Oliver kinda pisses me off.

6 hours ago, Takezo said:

These days I don't have much of a favourite club because I grew up these last decade really disapointed about my club, FC Porto.

I can relate to this but I'm not that detached just yet and it's not for the same reasons. I've rarely watched the whole 90 minutes of a Benfica game in 2020 though so there's that. I feel the passion growing out of me.

Football in this country is shit isn't it. It's all about the bandwagon, barely anyone supports local clubs. I guess we, and by "we" I mean fans of the big 3, grow up around people supporting our respective clubs so we can't really help it, we're all on the bandwagon. It is what it is but I can't help but think 90% of the country supporting the same 3 clubs is a farce and not something I'd like to be a part of. However, for years I celebrated the club's triumphs alongside family and friends and that is what football should be all about, so there's a lot of mixed feelings here.

So in sum, generally fans are obnoxious and in the TV with the odd exception they don't talk about football anymore, it's all about VAR and officiating as a whole which is another turn off.

Anyway, hope you stick around.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Welcome mate! Another Portuguese pal to go along with two really great members we’ve got in @Machado & @ASF (and ASF is also a Porto fan, so I think for the first time we’ve got 2 of them).

51 minutes ago, Machado said:

I can relate to this but I'm not that detached just yet and it's not for the same reasons. I've rarely watched the whole 90 minutes of a Benfica game in 2020 though so there's that. I feel the passion growing out of me.

Football in this country is shit isn't it. It's all about the bandwagon, barely anyone supports local clubs. I guess we, and by "we" I mean fans of the big 3, grow up around people supporting our respective clubs so we can't really help it, we're all on the bandwagon. It is what it is but I can't help but think 90% of the country supporting the same 3 clubs is a farce and not something I'd like to be a part of. However, for years I celebrated the club's triumphs alongside family and friends and that is what football should be all about, so there's a lot of mixed feelings here.

So in sum, generally fans are obnoxious and in the TV with the odd exception they don't talk about football anymore, it's all about VAR and officiating as a whole which is another turn off.

Anyway, hope you stick around.

Thanks to both!

Yes, it is. Portugal is a country of football but there is zero football culture in these lands. I would add that even worse than bandwagonism, that we two happened to be part of, the big 3 is a shit show that only thinks about themselves and act like they play alone. They cock block the whole league because they want all the pennys for themselves and they have all the power. Just an example, if they tried to negotiate the TV rights all together they probably could get more money to the whole league, or earn a little less but the small clubs receive a lot more than they do, generating more competitiveness, more quality, improving the league marketability and in the future gaining more money with the deals. But they don't want competitiveness and they are greedy. On top of this they don't even care about what their teams play, they don't care about maxing their efficiency, they are more interested in talking about refs when they lose and then throw jabs about corruption to the rivals, and the fans eat it clean. The media loves this and tries to profit from it and that's why outside of one program a week we have like 10 others talking about refs and not football.

And this is such a big cultural problem that I have friends that think they are the last coke on the desert in relation to football because of being players or ex players, but all they know or want to talk is about all the extra football things.

• Subscriber
On 19/07/2020 at 12:59, nudge said:

We have a whole F1 subforum, John 😂

Not really a fan of F1 and all that and only really watch it if my son is watching it on the box and he has a load of booze beside him...then I like it, I wonder why...hic!!  :drunk:  

• Subscriber

Portugal's league seems like a real good summary of a lot wrong with the game nowadays. One of the least competitive leagues in the world, surely.

Granted I do actually look out for games involving the big three against each other.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Portugal's league seems like a real good summary of a lot wrong with the game nowadays. One of the least competitive leagues in the world, surely.

Granted I do actually look out for games involving the big three against each other.

I honestly wish Braga would win the league every now and then and got CL football every season, providing more funds for them to afford better players, so at least we could have a 4th club competing.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

To be honest the portugese league has always been about 3 teams for the most part 

On 19/07/2020 at 13:51, Takezo said:

Thank you, it seems like a very chill place and I'm really enjoying that.

In relation to the bold and doing some off topic - even if I could celebrate it I wouldn't. I don't believe this management nor the coach to be fair. I don't know anyone who enjoys seeing our games and ends up not protesting after the whistle, but it's football and most people don't care about anything but winning (matter of fact most of them don't even like football but only the club). 2 weeks ago they wanted the coach's head on a spike, now they talk like he is the last cookie of the package when he clearly isn't. We had some gutracking moments since 2013 because we invested poorly in players and coaches and mostly because our rivals were being competent, now we still the same we even play more poorly but the rival is doing a better job of being worse than us in a league that you probably win every game anyway because the difference is so huge to the small clubs that get worse by the year (but we have big problems to defeat anyone because we lack everything tactically, but a penalty 10 minutes after the 90 minutes or a set piece gives us the 3 points). I like to think about of anything within a context, and these 3 years have been absolute mental in the worst way possible, we play badly even tho we have a lot more quality to play more than this kick and rush thing, the management is shooting their own foot with some decisions, and the supporters have this stupid loyalty to them because of things that happened 15 years ago and to the coach because he won 2 of the worst 3 seasons ever in Portugal mainly scoring through set pieces. Plus Sergio Conceição dealing with great players like Oliver kinda pisses me off.

Welcome.

Great post.

The Portuguese league has gone down the shitter in the last decade.

The gap between the top clubs and the smaller ones increased (although, this is a phenomenon that happened in the rest of Europe). But the competitiveness of the big Portuguese clubs decreased and you can observe this in the European competitions, where we usually had good results and lately we've been a laughing stock.

Unfortunately, the tendency is to get even worst in the next years.

Archived