talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Danny Cowley - Sacked by Huddersfield

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid decision. They were in the relegation zone when  he took over. Just hope this doesn't knock his confidence to much because I think he is a great manager 

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Something odd at Huddersfield. They treated Simpson quite badly recently and now sacked Cowley harshly too. 

Could be a good Bristol city manager. I think he will get time there. 

To be honest it's probably best for him, seems as though Huddersfield's current chairman is a bit daft. He won't have hurt his credentials with the job he has done and I'm sure he'll get an opportunity at another decent club. 

42 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

To be honest it's probably best for him, seems as though Huddersfield's current chairman is a bit daft. He won't have hurt his credentials with the job he has done and I'm sure he'll get an opportunity at another decent club. 

This. He steadied a pretty shocking ship and wasnt given the opportunity to steer it in his direction. Hopefully he will find a decent Chairman in his next job but they seem hard to come by in the bottom half of The Championship at the minute.

49 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not that shocked, they’ve won two of eight since the restart and went five games without a goal before beating West Brom. I know he’s the flavour of the month but that’s woeful form and in this day and age, enough to get you sacked. 

Yeah but they were bottom when he took over. Not the right decision for me. But you are right that is what it is like in the championship 

Bit like the Nathan Jones story really. Both Danny Cowley and Jones were making waves at Lincoln and Luton doing so well, and then moved on to try bigger and better things.

Unfortunately for them, the two clubs they joined had not only suffered the hangover of Premier League relegation, so were desperate to go back up whilst the parachute payments were available, but both clubs performed so badly to begin with that they were actually under more pressure to survive in the Championship.

They cannot seem to afford the luxury of patience to coaches anymore, not like what it used to be anyway. 

Sometimes it's not easy going to those type of clubs because they are so worried they are going to miss their window to get straight back up and I can imagine Huddersfield have that in the back of their mind now they know they are safe, they are all about next year.

Jones is trying to rebuild his career at Luton and Cowley will most likely need to return to League One to rebuild his.

Archived