talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 22nd July, 2020

Incredible scenes at Brentford/forest. What a great end. Sad because I really like both clubs, Brentford play the best footy in the league and Forest, just a great club.

Approrpriately we impotently and pathetically lost 3-0. Lots of people to blame for the state of the club but the transfers fucked us. Worrying times.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about you but I feel Wigan will come back up roaring. I can't see them falling from grace this easily. Get these corrupt con merchants out for a strong and sturdy business savvy. Fully believe they'll dominate League One next season.

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Barnsley looked dead two games ago. An absolutely fantastic achievement.

Barnsley's last games were against Leeds, Forest, and Brentford. 

They outplayed, but lost, to Leeds, and then beat Forest and Brentford. Unreal run by them. 

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Only one team has played like they want to win this from the first whistle to the last and they’ve won it so fair play to them

Ive been defensive with the term bottling cos the last few games have just been difficult for any team to sustain a run of form that long, but we bottled this tonight. Shied away from Barnsley and for large portions of the game didn’t want the fight

This is however our first proper run at promotion since we’ve been in this division and we lack the experience of a side pushing for promotion, to deal with these moments.

Onto the play offs 

Please anal Swansea as much as possible. 

As for us, fair play to Harris. He wasn't a popular appointment at all but you can't knock the job he's done to get us 5th.

However, us getting promoted to the prem would be a bigger miracle than Jesus being resurrected. It won't happen. 

Any chance that Wigan have that decision overturned through appeal or not happening? Shame for the players, they didn’t deserve to go. 

Also, Forest are a bunch of muppets for throwing that away. Brentford made a right mess of it too. 

Could only keep up with scores on my phone but that round of games was an absolute madness.

I said I wouldn't be surprised if Barnsley won on here earlier in the day and I'm not. They were brilliant against us so chuffed for them.

But Forest...I never would have predicted that. I can only imagine the meltdown across that fanbase and rightly so.

And I'm gutted for Wigan. That's rough how that has happened. Sheffield Wednesday have had a massive escape if they don't get their deduction now.

This league is something else. It really fucking is. We've ended up winning it at a canter which shows just how much we've been the best team in pretty much each department. Class has shone through.

But as good as it's been, you're bloody welcome to it and I'm much happier observing it as a neutral from now on xD

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Any chance that Wigan have that decision overturned through appeal or not happening? Shame for the players, they didn’t deserve to go. 

Also, Forest are a bunch of muppets for throwing that away. Brentford made a right mess of it too. 

That's what I'm wondering...if Wigan will be able to appeal and stay in the league.

And yes, Forest bottled it in historic fashion. The Brentford result didn't surprise me too much, as Barnsley have been on another level recently and gave Leeds and Forest a tough match.

Given how Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County have been allowed to hold off their point deductions for what feels like 50 million years id be tempted to take out legal proceedings against the EFL if I was Wigan Athletic.

Im in favour of point deductions remaining for administration given the cost to tax payer would be huge otherwise, but this whole scenario stinks of corruption and dirty money which the EFL sanctioned.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

@Eco last night

I wanted Forest promoted, and I'm no lifelong fan who gets as emotional as that towards what happen. 

I'm still disappointed, but I'm at the 'we' stage in my relationship with Forest. 

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given how Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County have been allowed to hold off their point deductions for what feels like 50 million years id be tempted to take out legal proceedings against the EFL if I was Wigan Athletic.

Im in favour of point deductions remaining for administration given the cost to tax payer would be huge otherwise, but this whole scenario stinks of corruption and dirty money which the EFL sanctioned.

I agree, it totally stinks. In Wednesday's case, they would be down. Their fans seem to have known on the grapevine for a while they are in the shit.

How neither have had a conclusion by this point is astonishing but am I surprised? If the EFL are involved, not at all.

Sadly Wigan won't win their appeal. They are pissing in the wind unfortunately. The timeframe between now and the new season starting will likely put pay to that.

On 23/07/2020 at 22:13, Lucas said:

I agree, it totally stinks. In Wednesday's case, they would be down. Their fans seem to have known on the grapevine for a while they are in the shit.

How neither have had a conclusion by this point is astonishing but am I surprised? If the EFL are involved, not at all.

Sadly Wigan won't win their appeal. They are pissing in the wind unfortunately. The timeframe between now and the new season starting will likely put pay to that.

My understanding of the issue around Sheffield Wednesday is they "sold" there ground to the clubs owners sister company for 60 million so they wouldnt get a FFP points deduction. 

The arguement posed will be "a property is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it", but anybody with half a brain can tell that the value of that run down ground wouldnt even be remotely close to that figure even if it was in London during the market boom period.

Surely the only debate should be whether the aggravating factors make it a 21 point ban as opposed to a 12 point ban. Its an incredible farce its taken this long to decide anything.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived