Nottm Forest vs Stoke
Reading vs Swansea
Sheff Weds vs Middlesbrough
West Brom vs QPR
Wigan vs Fulham

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been absolutely awful as of late and have looked totally uninspired. 

Forest just need 1 point from this match OR Swansea to NOT win. Would honestly just prefer Reading and Hull to get at least a point so it's pointless what Forest do against Stoke. 

A win would be massive though, because the 6th place team will either go up against Brentford or WBA, both of which have been much better than the rest of the league (outside of Leeds), so would much rather get Fulham for the first round of the playoffs. 

Knowing my luck, Forest will lose, by 3, Cardiff will win, and Swansea will win 3-0  putting Forest out of the playoffs. ¬¬

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Knowing my luck, Forest will lose, by 3, Cardiff will win, and Swansea will win 3-0  putting Forest out of the playoffs. ¬¬

Great, now I know what to wish for on Wednesday :D 

• Administrator

Ah, the beauty of a Championship play-off race getting to you.

Trust me, I've been there. A few times xD.

Have a look at how the domestic season for 2012/13 ended. Look how close it was (and no, not just saying it cos it was Forest who missed out!). 

We had to beat Forest on the final day and did it with a last-second winner and had to hope Bolton didn't win. They drew 2-2. 

It's one of the reasons I love the Championship. Guaranteed every season there's some final-day drama.

Just now, Stan said:

Have a look at how the domestic season for 2012/13 ended. Look how close it was (and no, not just saying it cos it was Forest who missed out!). 

We had to beat Forest on the final day and did it with a last-second winner and had to hope Bolton didn't win. They drew 2-2. 

It's one of the reasons I love the Championship. Guaranteed every season there's some final-day drama.

No doubt. I have kept up with Forest and Leeds for a few years now, and it's been nothing but disappointed. This year I grew closer to Forest but I'm happy as hell for Leeds, particular for @Lucas

I'd be shocked if Forest don't make the playoffs, and it'll certainly get my fuming if Wednesday doesn't turn out well for them. 

This is an absolutely massive game today, we’ve not been a top flight side since the 40s and we’ve a chance to become one today. I think it’s asking a lot that QPR take points off of West Brom, but that’s all we need. A West Brom draw suits us down to the ground.

Barnsley might be second from bottom but they’ve taken some scalps, we have to hope we can go out there and win convincingly.

If today ends with us in the play-offs then we’re still in a great position...but fuck me I hope we go up today

22 minutes ago, Danny said:

This is an absolutely massive game today, we’ve not been a top flight side since the 40s and we’ve a chance to become one today. I think it’s asking a lot that QPR take points off of West Brom, but that’s all we need. A West Brom draw suits us down to the ground.

Barnsley might be second from bottom but they’ve taken some scalps, we have to hope we can go out there and win convincingly.

If today ends with us in the play-offs then we’re still in a great position...but fuck me I hope we go up today

I hope you do as I really don't fancy our chances against your lot if we end up 3rd and 6th. 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Danny said:

Good luck mate. Would much prefer you guys over West Brom in the Premier League. Reckon you'd survive first season as well. 

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

Good luck mate. Would much prefer you guys over West Brom in the Premier League. Reckon you'd survive first season as well. 

Which is what makes this s even more anxiety inducing, to know how well we'd do xD

Tonight is a thoroughly great night to sit back and watch it all unfold. Been one of the best 'Last day's' for ages in the Championship.

West Brom deserve shooting if they don't take this chance. Literally blew it and somehow got another bite of the cherry. I'm not really a fan of them but I quite like Bilic and sympathised with him after Friday.

Barnsley played excellent against us Thursday night, I would say our toughest game for a long while. They will be tough to beat tonight against a Brentford side that have been looking a bit cagey, I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn them over.

As for us, Bielsa has already said we will be going out to win the game. I'm not fussed on Charlton as a club but Lee Bowyer I'd like to see survive for his own record. I feel like he is going to leave Charlton mind after everything anyway. 

With the cloud around Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday at the moment, both will be going hell for leather for wins too. Literally anything could happen yet.

• Subscriber
On 19/07/2020 at 20:55, Stan said:

The emotions of that game really were something else. Given we hadn't won at Forest in 41 years before that as well. I also remember their home end cheering after the game because Bolton had gone 3-2 up - only they hadn't. All that for fucking Deeney Day 8 days later xD

I'm looking forward to this tonight. Will watch this over the Chelsea game.

So much can happen tonight. 

The battle for 2nd and thus automatic promotion will have both WBA and Bees fans on the edge of their seats. The GD is heavily in the Bees favor is the WBA don't win today against QPR, Bees will just need a point. However, if Bees and WBA both fail to win, and Fulham defeats Wigan, then Fulham will leap frog all of them and move into that 2nd spot. 

The batter for playoffs is simple, if Swansea lose, then Forest and Cardiff qualify. If Swansea win by 2 goals and Cardiff loses, then Swansea qualify OR if Swansea win and Forest wins and the GD shifts in Swansea's favor, then Forest are out (Forest hold a +5 GD over the Swans).

The relegation battle is a mad house, involving Barnsley, Luton, Charlton, Birmingham, and MIddlesbrough.

Barnsley are relegated IF they fail to win AND Charlton lose

Luton are relegated if they lose, OR match Charlton's result, OR if Birmingham and Middlesbrough get a point today. 

Charlton are relegated if they lose AND Barnsley win, OR if they lose/draw and Luton wins

Birmingham and Middlesbrough just need a point today to remain in the Championship or to match the results of Luton. 

Of all the teams I want to get a result tonight, I really hope it's Wigan.

To be given that penalty so late in the season and to react how they have done has been nothing short of amazing. 

They deserve to stay up.

Just now, Lucas said:

Of all the teams I want to get a result tonight, I really hope it's Wigan.

To be given that penalty so late in the season and to react how they have done has been nothing short of amazing. 

They deserve to stay up.

I totally forgot about that. So they are in fact on 46 points, which is so harsh given the global climate. 

I hope Wigan stay up, and would like to see Barnsley up as well as how they have responded the past month, which means that in my ideal scenario Hull, Luton, and Charlton go down. 

With Fulham fighting for a potential automatic spot, I just don't see them dropping any points against Wigan though. Afraid that the relegation battle will end with Hull, Barnsley, and Wigan going down. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived