talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nathan Ake - Man City Complete Signing

I agree with @Danny, I think he's been brought in to strengthen what was a very weak area and they will be moving a couple on.

Fernandinho has not got the legs anymore. He is going to be phased out soon enough.

Stones has stagnated and lost confidence. No longer the answer.

Otamendi is a car crash. Infact, I'd even rate David Luiz better than Otamendi who shits a brick when someone runs at him. He just doesn't get as regularly exposed due to City having 60 odd % of possession in games.

So Ake will definitely strengthen the squad and get his fair share of games. He is still at an age where he is developing and if Pep didn't think he was good enough, I doub't he'd have gone for him.

You also need to remember Laporte has had some awful injuries so they will naturally be weary they need to rest him where they can and perhaps that is another reason for bringing Ake in.

£40m isn't really that expensive in the market now when you think what it cost Man Utd for Maguire anyway.

I am 100% convinced City will move for another CB though. Definitely.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

That must take Guardiola's spending on defenders close to half a billion. How many has he got right?

Think it’s about £350m, but a lot of money. The only clear successes have been Walker and Laporte but Laporte struggles with injuries. They were unlucky with the length of Mendy’s injuries though 

• The title was changed to Nathan Ake - Man City Complete Signing
  • Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Losing Sane and Silva and replacing Kompany with Ake... I can see City finishing 4th next season. 

They still have so much depth there. Losing Sane isn't that big a miss.

Sterling, De Bruyne, B Silva, Mahrez, Ferran Torres, Foden.

I think they'll be fine.

Ake is a decent buy. They'll be 2nd. Not a chance they finish as low as 4th.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

They still have so much depth there. Losing Sane isn't that big a miss.

Sterling, De Bruyne, B Silva, Mahrez, Ferran Torres, Foden.

I think they'll be fine.

Ake is a decent buy. They'll be 2nd. Not a chance they finish as low as 4th.

I'm just trying to scare @Happy Bluebut ssshhhh don't tell him :D

17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Losing Sane and Silva and replacing Kompany with Ake... I can see City finishing 4th next season. 

Sane is a HUGE loss, on form he's the best winger in the game  ..i'm gutted he was too lazy to stay in the top league and work for a living instead of playing at a low level where he just needs to turn up and get paid

36 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Sane is a HUGE loss, on form he's the best winger in the game  ..i'm gutted he was too lazy to stay in the top league and work for a living instead of playing at a low level where he just needs to turn up and get paid

True that 🖐

Archived