talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Window - What Does Your Team Need?

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Are you trolling?? :4_joy:   ..Jesus is world class, scored last night too again

Mate he’s absolute pony for a club at your level. The drop off from Aguero to him is massive. He wouldn’t start for any other club in the top 7 apart from chelsea and that won’t be the case next season. Wouldn’t start for arsenal in 10th either 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Mate he’s absolute pony for a club at your level. The drop off from Aguero to him is massive. He wouldn’t start for any other club in the top 7 apart from chelsea and that won’t be the case next season. Wouldn’t start for arsenal in 10th either 

Not sure if serious :4_joy:  ..he should start in front of Aguero every game now, he's a different kind of striker but we do need Mbappe this summer 

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Not sure if serious :4_joy:  ..he should start in front of Aguero every game now, he's a different kind of striker but we do need Mbappe this summer 

I love reading you think you need Mbappe. 

Everyone needs Mbappe mate xD

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Jesus is not world class at all, but I disagree that he's "absolute pony".

I think he's very good out wide specifically on the right. Quick and a good crossing ability. His finishing is also good. As a striker he's a bit limited probably thanks to his lack of roaming out of role. I also think he's a great impact sub.

8 hours ago, Storts said:

We need a CM - in a holding role, like Henderson where he’s not your traditional CDM but does a lot of the work you want in the role. I think Hojbjerg is the one Mourinho wants and assume a deal will yet done.

ideally we need a RB and a CB also, potentially the Korean lad. Also desperate for a back up striker as usual but don’t think we will get one. I’d like a left back also personally 

Henderson's more box to box than a holding midfielder imo - that's more Fabinho's role (although he's also not really a "traditional" midfield anchor imo - but probably the closest thing we've got to that), but I see what you're saying.

I saw an article linking Hojbjerg with a lot of clubs yesterday, Spurs, Everton, and Arsenal - I think he'd be a good signing for all 3 clubs tbh.

I remember in March, which is around when Klopp started sounding the alarms that covid may impact our transfer dealings too, Mourinho said that Spurs were likely to look for signings from free transfers. I assume that means there's some fairly good talent out there that's got contracts expiring. It'd be interesting to see a list of players around Europe that are leaving their current clubs very soon, as I think this window more than many others we'll be seeing a big window for many free transfers.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Henderson's more box to box than a holding midfielder imo - that's more Fabinho's role (although he's also not really a "traditional" midfield anchor imo - but probably the closest thing we've got to that), but I see what you're saying.

I saw an article linking Hojbjerg with a lot of clubs yesterday, Spurs, Everton, and Arsenal - I think he'd be a good signing for all 3 clubs tbh.

I remember in March, which is around when Klopp started sounding the alarms that covid may impact our transfer dealings too, Mourinho said that Spurs were likely to look for signings from free transfers. I assume that means there's some fairly good talent out there that's got contracts expiring. It'd be interesting to see a list of players around Europe that are leaving their current clubs very soon, as I think this window more than many others we'll be seeing a big window for many free transfers.

Its a great time for Chelsea and City who have basically got a free hit on the market. They can literally take their pick of whichever players they want with no competition due to FFP being abandoned.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its a great time for Chelsea and City who have basically got a free hit on the market. They can literally take their pick of whichever players they want with no competition due to FFP being abandoned.

FFP is not abandoned, they just couldn't prove in court that we broke the rules   ..unlucky UEFA, they tried to fuck us without any real evidence, they are like girls who make up rape charges and now should be punished for telling lies in court!

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

This is just not true. He’s proper pony. Nowhere near good enough for you, and a shadow of the player Aguero is. I don’t understand how you can rate him so highly. Wouldn’t swap him for Kane, Auba, vardy, firmino, rashford/martial, Jimenez 

39 minutes ago, Storts said:

This is just not true. He’s proper pony. Nowhere near good enough for you, and a shadow of the player Aguero is. I don’t understand how you can rate him so highly. Wouldn’t swap him for Kane, Auba, vardy, firmino, rashford/martial, Jimenez 

I respect the effort, i truly do but i am not biting xD:4_joy: :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake::friends: 

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I respect the effort, i truly do but i am not biting xD:4_joy: :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake::friends: 

I promise you I’m not trolling in the slightest, genuinely don’t think Jesus is very good at all. You look so bad at front when he’s playing and Aguero isn’t it. He’s a proper flat track bully. 

I actually think the only position we don't need to buy is RB and GK. Really could do with a CB, 2 or 3 CM's and a forward of some description. If we can somehow get rid of Kolasinac another LB could be on the cards. 

Big thing for us this window is moving as many of the bums as possible. Mustafi, Sokratis, one of Holding or Chambers, Elneny, Kolasinac, Lacazette and the big one Ozil should definitely be moved on. I reckon Torreira and one of Bellerin or AMN could easily be sold, I do hope Ainsley stays but I worry Arteta isn't his biggest fan. With Cedric signing we are over established at RB. Guendouzi is another looking like a potential exit but again he is one I'd keep. 

Then we have to look at what to do with ESR and Willock I think both could do with loans, but I'm not sure we can let both go. So I'd let ESR go on another loan after a good spell at Huddersfield. 

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

FFP is not abandoned, they just couldn't prove in court that we broke the rules   ..unlucky UEFA, they tried to fuck us without any real evidence, they are like girls who make up rape charges and now should be punished for telling lies in court!

Nah the precedent has been set now; if you break FFP rules and get caught you just don’t hand over evidence or cooperate until that evidence is deemed to be “too late.”

Then the club just gets a slap on the wrist £10m penalty. It pretty much kills off FFP in all but name.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah the precedent has been set now

Yes, don't ban clubs when your case wont stand up in court :4_joy:  ..if i knew this wouldn't stand when UEFA first banned us, why didn't they?? :clown:  ..the time thing is their own rules too xD

2 hours ago, Storts said:

I promise you I’m not trolling in the slightest, genuinely don’t think Jesus is very good at all. You look so bad at front when he’s playing and Aguero isn’t it. He’s a proper flat track bully. 

For ManCity that is most teams in the league.

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yes, don't ban clubs when your case wont stand up in court :4_joy:  ..if i knew this wouldn't stand when UEFA first banned us, why didn't they?? :clown:  ..the time thing is their own rules too xD

Yeah it’s their rules which is probably why you didn’t cooperate until after the time had passed by their rules.

The blueprint to getting around FFP has been drawn. Any club that can afford the slap on the wrist will do the same thing.

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Well i respect your opinion brother but i rate the kid   ..out of all the strikers you have listed he is better on the ball than all of them, his football ability is far Superior ..  he's goals to minutes is decent too and he has been a backup his whole City career, he needs a season of being the main man to fully establish himself   ...39 games for Brazil already with 18 goals and he didn't start a lot of them games, just turned 23, not even near his prime yet, this kid deserves his place at City and should start over Aguero now his legs have gone on tell Mbappe arrives 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it’s their rules which is probably why you didn’t cooperate until after the time had passed by their rules.

The blueprint to getting around FFP has been drawn. Any club that can afford the slap on the wrist will do the same thing.

Not really, UEFA will just have to act faster in future  ..the whole thing is illegal anyway, it's restriction of trade and can be beaten in court as we have twice now 

We need a centre forward. Joelinton was a shocking buy. £40m. 2 goals. Turned up at the club, didn't even recognise Steve Bruce. Probably the worst value for money Premier League signing in years. Is it a coincidence that our two expensive signings last summer have the same agent? Probably not. Also factor in that Rafa Benitez refused to sign this lad for £30m saying that is way too much. It's a signing that encapsulates the fishy way the club operates. Did we panic buy Joelinton? I think so. Under national media pressure for not breaking our transfer record in the Ashley era, they've shit the bed had a look at who is on their list and thrown a big chunk of our tight arse austere years savings at him to quieten down the pressure. 

It's our worst goals tally as a team since 97/98 when Shearer got injured after Dalglish sold Ferdinand and Ginola. 

We ended last season flying and looking a good player or two from possibly mounting a Europa League challenge, certainly being top half. This year we've been a mixed bag and Bruce summed the season up when he described it as "Ok". Or as Graeme Souness calls it, a successful season playing exciting football thst puts the fans on the edge of their seats like they want. 

If we don't get the right fit striker, like we had in Rondon, we aren't likely to be a top 10 team next year which we should be doing. It'll likely need at least £20-25m striker to come in. 

Elsewhere in the side we have 3 loan players who will all need replacing or signing. Bruce seems to like Bentaleb so we'll probably sign him, most fans aren't sure about that one though. Rose could stay if not no loss. Lazaro won't be coming back as Bruce just gave him 5 minutes here and there.

On top of all of that we could do with a right back. Yedlin is done now I think. Manquillo is actually playing ok but if we are to kick on we need a new Debuchy.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Joelinton was a shocking buy. £40m. 2 goals. Turned up at the club, didn't even recognise Steve Bruce

I remember that xD

Didn't Bruce turn up to his photoshoot and it just looked like one of the most awkward interaction I've seen xD

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I remember that xD

Didn't Bruce turn up to his photoshoot and it just looked like one of the most awkward interaction I've seen xD

Something like that. Bruce was making loads of dad jokes and Joelinton didn't have a clue what he was saying.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Something like that. Bruce was making loads of dad jokes and Joelinton didn't have a clue what he was saying.

Definitely thought it was one of those fan meet things xD

Archived