• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

West Brom Promoted!

Recommended Posts

The definition of yo-yo club! 

Automatically promoted after they drew with QPR but Brentford and Fulham both dropped points. 

 

Jamie Vardy is delighted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh...one of the teams I don't care much for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WBA are the exact club I think of when I think of a yo-yo club.

I hope they go down next season to maintain that xD

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ugh...one of the teams I don't care much for. 

A founding member of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

A founding member of the league.

Doesn't mean anything to me. I don't really find them enjoyable to watch, and yo-yo clubs are rather boring to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Doesn't mean anything to me. I don't really find them enjoyable to watch, and yo-yo clubs are rather boring to me. 

Uhh okay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Record 5th promotion to the Premier League. Not exactly a stat to be proud of :8_laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to them, dodgy way to see it out but they played well enough throughout the season to go up automatically. Think they might struggle a bit compared to Leeds unless they can make some serious defensive improvements, will need to make Pereira permenant and replace Diangana and Robinson. Not sure how well Austin will do in the Prem but he has been a super sub for them so maybe that might suit him next season

I know they're not an exciting club to come up but as a side under Bilic they're a lot more entertaining than the reputation they have

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Doesn't mean anything to me. I don't really find them enjoyable to watch, and yo-yo clubs are rather boring to me. 

I'm not sure your yank mind understands, so I'll give you the run down on how it works in Europe (aka, Germanyland + baguettes and monarchs) 

3 teams (or 'franchises' if you will) a season will be relegated from the premier league "Conference" to the Championship "Conference", unlike in the AR-15 KFC cup you guys have, where a club would have to go insolvent to not participate. Therefore, 3 clubs change every season, no matter how well each team plays. It's a statistical certainty. In this environment certain clubs will reach a level, financially and otherwise, where they're good enough to consistently participate in the top flight, but where they have a higher than normal chance each year of being one of those poor 3 little fellas. Clubs who aren't yo yo teams actually have LESS chance of staying up (Nottingham Forrest for example) because they lack experience and finances compared to yo yo clubs. 
In the end you get a water wheel of teams who are probably 17-25th in terms of quality and financial power going up and down every few seasons, with easy chance of becoming premier league mainstays or league champions (Thats like the 'Budweiser world series champions of the world' equivalent) 

Please take this as the joke that it is I know full well you aren't stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm not sure your yank mind understands, so I'll give you the run down on how it works in Europe (aka, Germanyland + baguettes and monarchs) 

3 teams (or 'franchises' if you will) a season will be relegated from the premier league "Conference" to the Championship "Conference", unlike in the AR-15 KFC cup you guys have, where a club would have to go insolvent to not participate. Therefore, 3 clubs change every season, no matter how well each team plays. It's a statistical certainty. In this environment certain clubs will reach a level, financially and otherwise, where they're good enough to consistently participate in the top flight, but where they have a higher than normal chance each year of being one of those poor 3 little fellas. Clubs who aren't yo yo teams actually have LESS chance of staying up (Nottingham Forrest for example) because they lack experience and finances compared to yo yo clubs. 
In the end you get a water wheel of teams who are probably 17-25th in terms of quality and financial power going up and down every few seasons, with easy chance of becoming premier league mainstays or league champions (Thats like the 'Budweiser world series champions of the world' equivalent) 

Please take this as the joke that it is I know full well you aren't stupid. 

I'm not sure where this came from...doesn't the same relegation system non-existent in the US exist in Australia? 

Nice that you pick out the "yank" when I'm at least the 4th person to comment on how they aren't excited for WBA's promotion to the EPL due to them being a bore and having been so recently. Would much rather give someone else a chance.

Idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eco said:

I'm not sure where this came from...doesn't the same relegation system non-existent in the US exist in Australia? 

Nice that you pick out the "yank" when I'm at least the 4th person to comment on how they aren't excited for WBA's promotion to the EPL due to them being a bore and having been so recently. Would much rather give someone else a chance.

Idiot.

Fuck. I hoped you'd understand the last line without needing to read it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boing Boing Baggies! 

Yes, in true yo-yo form, West Brom are back in the Premier League. I really wouldn't worry about some of their perhaps boring performances this season, WBA are bound to be quite a different team next season, as all promoted sides usually spend quite a bit to bring in new players. I also think that any side that gets automatically promoted from the gruelling Championship, have deservedly earnt their place in the Premiership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm not sure your yank mind understands, so I'll give you the run down on how it works in Europe (aka, Germanyland + baguettes and monarchs) 

3 teams (or 'franchises' if you will) a season will be relegated from the premier league "Conference" to the Championship "Conference", unlike in the AR-15 KFC cup you guys have, where a club would have to go insolvent to not participate. Therefore, 3 clubs change every season, no matter how well each team plays. It's a statistical certainty. In this environment certain clubs will reach a level, financially and otherwise, where they're good enough to consistently participate in the top flight, but where they have a higher than normal chance each year of being one of those poor 3 little fellas. Clubs who aren't yo yo teams actually have LESS chance of staying up (Nottingham Forrest for example) because they lack experience and finances compared to yo yo clubs. 
In the end you get a water wheel of teams who are probably 17-25th in terms of quality and financial power going up and down every few seasons, with easy chance of becoming premier league mainstays or league champions (Thats like the 'Budweiser world series champions of the world' equivalent) 

Please take this as the joke that it is I know full well you aren't stupid. 

the fuck you on cunt xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pleased for Slaven Bilic, he wears his heart on his sleeve and you can empathise with him. Us and them have been top two pretty much all season so they do deserve it.

But fancy going up after not winning any of your last four games. Very lucky Brentford choked big time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Boing Boing Baggies! 

Yes, in true yo-yo form, West Brom are back in the Premier League. I really wouldn't worry about some of their perhaps boring performances this season, WBA are bound to be quite a different team next season, as all promoted sides usually spend quite a bit to bring in new players. I also think that any side that gets automatically promoted from the gruelling Championship, have deservedly earnt their place in the Premiership.

Sheff Utd and Norwich didn't spend that much last summer. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You and @Eco both incapable of reading the white text hahahahahaha

pissweak take a proper aussie bloke man just goes straight for the jugular and if they can't handle the mad bantz they can shoot up a high school

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spike said:

pissweak take a proper aussie bloke man just goes straight for the jugular and if they can't handle the mad bantz they can shoot up a high school

Eco has always been a little touchy though, so I put in a failsafe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Eco has always been a little touchy though, so I put in a failsafe. 

Smart man, I knew he'd go off when I read your post.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You and @Eco both incapable of reading the white text hahahahahaha

See it now.

Ha, it definitely doesn't show up on my phone.

I just assumed you were mad about America and wanted to rant. Ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Eco has always been a little touchy though, so I put in a failsafe. 

Thanks doll 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sheff Utd and Norwich didn't spend that much last summer. 

Erm Sheffield United spent almost £70 million on new players last summer. That's a lot of money for a newly promoted side, with my main point being that with the addition of the new players, their teams performances can significantly change compared to when they were in the Championship. If you buy 3 or 4 or 5 new players and they become regulars in your team, they can then have a noteworthy impact on how the team performs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zzzzzzz, another promotion for a club that will offer very little to the league. They will end up bottom just like Norwich and go back down. 
 

But if them staying up means Burnley finally fuck off, then I’ll take that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rick said:

Zzzzzzz, another promotion for a club that will offer very little to the league. They will end up bottom just like Norwich and go back down. 
 

But if them staying up means Burnley finally fuck off, then I’ll take that. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Southampton, Brighton, and Burnley go down next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Southampton, Brighton, and Burnley go down next year. 

I quite like the South Coast clubs Southampton and Brighton, but Burnley do admittedly play some tedious defensive football.

In the Championship, I have to feel for Nottingham Forrest, as they lost out on a play-off place to Swansea City on goal difference, with the goal difference being just 1 goal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

I quite like the South Coast clubs Southampton and Brighton, but Burnley do admittedly play some tedious defensive football.

In the Championship, I have to feel for Nottingham Forrest, as they lost out on a play-off place to Swansea City on goal difference, with the goal difference being just 1 goal!

Forest needed 4 points on July 4th, up a man, against Derby, but let in a stoppage time goal which ended the game as a draw. 

Which means they needed 3 points from their last 5 games. They proceeded to lose to Fulham, drew with Preston and Swansea, which left them with needing to draw just Barnsley or Stoke. 

They lost to Barnsley 1-0. 

So today they just need to draw, or not allow the 5 GD they had over Swansea be erased.....

Swansea won 4-1, while Forest gave up 3 goals after the 75th minute to lose 1-4, completely erasing the GD that they had and thus missing the playoffs. 

I'm not sure it gets any worse for their fans. It's been since 2010-11 since they even made the playoffs...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame for Brentford, 3rd place clubs tend not to fair well at play-offs, massive bottlers.. but a new name would have been nice rather than a dishwater club like West Brom, going for another yo-yo season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Forest needed 4 points on July 4th, up a man, against Derby, but let in a stoppage time goal which ended the game as a draw. 

Which means they needed 3 points from their last 5 games. They proceeded to lose to Fulham, drew with Preston and Swansea, which left them with needing to draw just Barnsley or Stoke. 

They lost to Barnsley 1-0. 

So today they just need to draw, or not allow the 5 GD they had over Swansea be erased.....

Swansea won 4-1, while Forest gave up 3 goals after the 75th minute to lose 1-4, completely erasing the GD that they had and thus missing the playoffs. 

I'm not sure it gets any worse for their fans. It's been since 2010-11 since they even made the playoffs...

I know, the Forest management must be furious with what's happened, while the players have no one but themselves to blame. The management must have been thinking a few days ago that the play-offs were practically secured, but unfortunately the team capitulated. To be fair, their form had been pretty poor over the last 6 matchdays. But as you have suggested, it's still unbelievable that they crashed so badly in the manner in which they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DNA said:

Shame for Brentford, 3rd place clubs tend not to fair well at play-offs, massive bottlers.. but a new name would have been nice rather than a dishwater club like West Brom, going for another yo-yo season. 

Brentford are actually the club I want to see win the play-offs, although Fulham are probably the favourites.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement