talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom Promoted!

• Administrator

The definition of yo-yo club! 

Automatically promoted after they drew with QPR but Brentford and Fulham both dropped points. 

Jamie Vardy is delighted. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spike said:

A founding member of the league.

Doesn't mean anything to me. I don't really find them enjoyable to watch, and yo-yo clubs are rather boring to me. 

Well done to them, dodgy way to see it out but they played well enough throughout the season to go up automatically. Think they might struggle a bit compared to Leeds unless they can make some serious defensive improvements, will need to make Pereira permenant and replace Diangana and Robinson. Not sure how well Austin will do in the Prem but he has been a super sub for them so maybe that might suit him next season

I know they're not an exciting club to come up but as a side under Bilic they're a lot more entertaining than the reputation they have

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Doesn't mean anything to me. I don't really find them enjoyable to watch, and yo-yo clubs are rather boring to me. 

I'm not sure your yank mind understands, so I'll give you the run down on how it works in Europe (aka, Germanyland + baguettes and monarchs) 

3 teams (or 'franchises' if you will) a season will be relegated from the premier league "Conference" to the Championship "Conference", unlike in the AR-15 KFC cup you guys have, where a club would have to go insolvent to not participate. Therefore, 3 clubs change every season, no matter how well each team plays. It's a statistical certainty. In this environment certain clubs will reach a level, financially and otherwise, where they're good enough to consistently participate in the top flight, but where they have a higher than normal chance each year of being one of those poor 3 little fellas. Clubs who aren't yo yo teams actually have LESS chance of staying up (Nottingham Forrest for example) because they lack experience and finances compared to yo yo clubs. 
In the end you get a water wheel of teams who are probably 17-25th in terms of quality and financial power going up and down every few seasons, with easy chance of becoming premier league mainstays or league champions (Thats like the 'Budweiser world series champions of the world' equivalent) 

Please take this as the joke that it is I know full well you aren't stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm not sure your yank mind understands, so I'll give you the run down on how it works in Europe (aka, Germanyland + baguettes and monarchs) 

3 teams (or 'franchises' if you will) a season will be relegated from the premier league "Conference" to the Championship "Conference", unlike in the AR-15 KFC cup you guys have, where a club would have to go insolvent to not participate. Therefore, 3 clubs change every season, no matter how well each team plays. It's a statistical certainty. In this environment certain clubs will reach a level, financially and otherwise, where they're good enough to consistently participate in the top flight, but where they have a higher than normal chance each year of being one of those poor 3 little fellas. Clubs who aren't yo yo teams actually have LESS chance of staying up (Nottingham Forrest for example) because they lack experience and finances compared to yo yo clubs. 
In the end you get a water wheel of teams who are probably 17-25th in terms of quality and financial power going up and down every few seasons, with easy chance of becoming premier league mainstays or league champions (Thats like the 'Budweiser world series champions of the world' equivalent) 

I'm not sure where this came from...doesn't the same relegation system non-existent in the US exist in Australia? 

Nice that you pick out the "yank" when I'm at least the 4th person to comment on how they aren't excited for WBA's promotion to the EPL due to them being a bore and having been so recently. Would much rather give someone else a chance.

Idiot.

Just now, Eco said:

I'm not sure where this came from...doesn't the same relegation system non-existent in the US exist in Australia? 

Nice that you pick out the "yank" when I'm at least the 4th person to comment on how they aren't excited for WBA's promotion to the EPL due to them being a bore and having been so recently. Would much rather give someone else a chance.

Idiot.

Fuck. I hoped you'd understand the last line without needing to read it. 

Boing Boing Baggies! 

Yes, in true yo-yo form, West Brom are back in the Premier League. I really wouldn't worry about some of their perhaps boring performances this season, WBA are bound to be quite a different team next season, as all promoted sides usually spend quite a bit to bring in new players. I also think that any side that gets automatically promoted from the gruelling Championship, have deservedly earnt their place in the Premiership.

48 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

the fuck you on cunt xD

I'm pleased for Slaven Bilic, he wears his heart on his sleeve and you can empathise with him. Us and them have been top two pretty much all season so they do deserve it.

But fancy going up after not winning any of your last four games. Very lucky Brentford choked big time.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Boing Boing Baggies! 

Yes, in true yo-yo form, West Brom are back in the Premier League. I really wouldn't worry about some of their perhaps boring performances this season, WBA are bound to be quite a different team next season, as all promoted sides usually spend quite a bit to bring in new players. I also think that any side that gets automatically promoted from the gruelling Championship, have deservedly earnt their place in the Premiership.

Sheff Utd and Norwich didn't spend that much last summer. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You and @Eco both incapable of reading the white text hahahahahaha

pissweak take a proper aussie bloke man just goes straight for the jugular and if they can't handle the mad bantz they can shoot up a high school

7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You and @Eco both incapable of reading the white text hahahahahaha

See it now.

Ha, it definitely doesn't show up on my phone.

I just assumed you were mad about America and wanted to rant. Ha

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sheff Utd and Norwich didn't spend that much last summer. 

Erm Sheffield United spent almost £70 million on new players last summer. That's a lot of money for a newly promoted side, with my main point being that with the addition of the new players, their teams performances can significantly change compared to when they were in the Championship. If you buy 3 or 4 or 5 new players and they become regulars in your team, they can then have a noteworthy impact on how the team performs. 

Zzzzzzz, another promotion for a club that will offer very little to the league. They will end up bottom just like Norwich and go back down. 

But if them staying up means Burnley finally fuck off, then I’ll take that. 

45 minutes ago, Rick said:

Zzzzzzz, another promotion for a club that will offer very little to the league. They will end up bottom just like Norwich and go back down. 

But if them staying up means Burnley finally fuck off, then I’ll take that. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Southampton, Brighton, and Burnley go down next year. 

Archived