talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Brom Promoted!

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Southampton, Brighton, and Burnley go down next year. 

I quite like the South Coast clubs Southampton and Brighton, but Burnley do admittedly play some tedious defensive football.

In the Championship, I have to feel for Nottingham Forrest, as they lost out on a play-off place to Swansea City on goal difference, with the goal difference being just 1 goal!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

I quite like the South Coast clubs Southampton and Brighton, but Burnley do admittedly play some tedious defensive football.

In the Championship, I have to feel for Nottingham Forrest, as they lost out on a play-off place to Swansea City on goal difference, with the goal difference being just 1 goal!

Forest needed 4 points on July 4th, up a man, against Derby, but let in a stoppage time goal which ended the game as a draw. 

Which means they needed 3 points from their last 5 games. They proceeded to lose to Fulham, drew with Preston and Swansea, which left them with needing to draw just Barnsley or Stoke. 

They lost to Barnsley 1-0. 

So today they just need to draw, or not allow the 5 GD they had over Swansea be erased.....

Swansea won 4-1, while Forest gave up 3 goals after the 75th minute to lose 1-4, completely erasing the GD that they had and thus missing the playoffs. 

I'm not sure it gets any worse for their fans. It's been since 2010-11 since they even made the playoffs...

Shame for Brentford, 3rd place clubs tend not to fair well at play-offs, massive bottlers.. but a new name would have been nice rather than a dishwater club like West Brom, going for another yo-yo season. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Forest needed 4 points on July 4th, up a man, against Derby, but let in a stoppage time goal which ended the game as a draw. 

Which means they needed 3 points from their last 5 games. They proceeded to lose to Fulham, drew with Preston and Swansea, which left them with needing to draw just Barnsley or Stoke. 

So today they just need to draw, or not allow the 5 GD they had over Swansea be erased.....

Swansea won 4-1, while Forest gave up 3 goals after the 75th minute to lose 1-4, completely erasing the GD that they had and thus missing the playoffs. 

I'm not sure it gets any worse for their fans. It's been since 2010-11 since they even made the playoffs...

I know, the Forest management must be furious with what's happened, while the players have no one but themselves to blame. The management must have been thinking a few days ago that the play-offs were practically secured, but unfortunately the team capitulated. To be fair, their form had been pretty poor over the last 6 matchdays. But as you have suggested, it's still unbelievable that they crashed so badly in the manner in which they did.

4 minutes ago, DNA said:

Shame for Brentford, 3rd place clubs tend not to fair well at play-offs, massive bottlers.. but a new name would have been nice rather than a dishwater club like West Brom, going for another yo-yo season. 

Brentford are actually the club I want to see win the play-offs, although Fulham are probably the favourites.

I think we should just have a franchise with no relegation to stop all you people who don't want smaller clubs in the premier league moaning 

The Premier League seems to be all about having a good defence at the minute. Attacking doesn't matter to survival. Sheffield United, Burnley, Newcastle, Crystal Palace. These teams are piss poor going forward but not in relegation threat.

If you come up without that defence you're likely in trouble. Norwich, Villa, Fulham.

Stats look good for Leeds, less so for West Brom. Still West Brom much better than what Norwich and Villa were so they're starting from a decent position. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Eco said:

This is a great read. Thank you @Eco

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ì love the little guy merry go round. Swansea getting promoted from 6th and staying up half a decade was fantastic. 

Probably because you don't have it in Australia so you appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think we should just have a franchise with no relegation to stop all you people who don't want smaller clubs in the premier league moaning 

It’s not about not wanting smaller clubs in the league, it’s about wanting something fresh. Wanting somebody who’s gonna bring something to the league. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Rick said:

Zzzzzzz, another promotion for a club that will offer very little to the league. They will end up bottom just like Norwich and go back down. 

But if them staying up means Burnley finally fuck off, then I’ll take that. 

Pretty much this. Would have preferred to see Brentford up. What are West Brom going to do? 18th at Christmas, sack the manager, finish 16th, then finish 19th the following season. Brentford might well go straight back down if they came/still come up but at least it's good to see a new set of fans (hopefully) and players and a new stadium in the mix.

I complain a lot about teams making the league interesting, not sorry about it. For what it's worth, I actually don't have an issue with Burnley. They might play ugly football but I think you need a bit of that in the league and at least they're competent when they do it and they have an identity as a club. The ones I want to see drop are the ones who play depressing football just to lose 2-0 anyway. Burnley bring a different level of interest to the league in that they can cause a rumble to some of the big teams by causing the occasional upset unlike Bournemouth and Watford for example who routinely get pumped 4-0 or 5-0 nine times out of ten.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fair point, I just personally can’t stand Burnley 😂

When Dyche goes they'll fall, I think.

They were patient with Dyche and it paid off, they reaped the rewards with their survival and progress in the Premier League. But I don't know who right now, if Dyche left, they could replace him with that could take the club forward even more. They seem a perfect fit but sounds like he doesn't get on with the board any more?

42 minutes ago, Rick said:

It’s not about not wanting smaller clubs in the league, it’s about wanting something fresh. Wanting somebody who’s gonna bring something to the league. 

But that's the nature of the beast isn't it? West Brom had a big crack last time up and were well established as a midtable team for a good while before slipping back down. Are Brentford a new face? yes. Do they have a better chance than West brom to establish themselves and "Bring something to the league"? Absolutely not 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

When Dyche goes they'll fall, I think.

They were patient with Dyche and it paid off, they reaped the rewards with their survival and progress in the Premier League. But I don't know who right now, if Dyche left, they could replace him with that could take the club forward even more. They seem a perfect fit but sounds like he doesn't get on with the board any more?

Big dog Anthony Pulis. He will take them to new heights. Literally. The whole damn team will be 6'6

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Big dog Anthony Pulis. He will take them to new heights. Literally. The whole damn team will be 6'6

'Rory Delap likes your post' 

28 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But that's the nature of the beast isn't it? West Brom had a big crack last time up and were well established as a midtable team for a good while before slipping back down. Are Brentford a new face? yes. Do they have a better chance than West brom to establish themselves and "Bring something to the league"? Absolutely not 

Disagree. I think Brentford have a better team as it stands, have around the same money to spend, have smart owners and are well run and are based in London, which is more appealing than Birmingham to would be signings. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Disagree. I think Brentford have a better team as it stands, have around the same money to spend, have smart owners and are well run and are based in London, which is more appealing than Birmingham to would be signings. 

More fool you. Footballers love coke and sluts. Birmingham has plenty of both 

32 minutes ago, Rick said:

Do you reckon London matters in that scenario?

I think many overseas players will have at least heard of West Brom. Wouldn't be surprised if many have never heard of Brentford. That and Bilic will be to the advantage of West Brom.

2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I think many overseas players will have at least heard of West Brom. Wouldn't be surprised if many have never heard of Brentford. That and Bilic will be to the advantage of West Brom.

I think for young lads with money, yeah it does. Admittedly, Bilic is the pulling power West Brom have over Brentford but I doubt much else.  

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Bilic also loves the sluts 

3 hours ago, Rick said:

I think for young lads with money, yeah it does. Admittedly, Bilic is the pulling power West Brom have over Brentford but I doubt much else.  

You arguably don't want young lads who are coming to party.

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

You arguably don't want young lads who are coming to party.

It’s not just partying, the quality of life and things to do are much better when you’re a wealthy footballer. 

Archived