talkfootball365

Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

National League To Vote on Six Team Play-Offs

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous IMO. How can you potentially have a team that finishes 7th go up over a team that finishes 2nd? Just to make the playoffs a bit more interesting? This isn't Rugby League.

Just to give you an idea using this season as an example, Tranmere finished 2nd with 95pts. Barrow finished 7th with 75. That's not even close.

Should either be kept as it is or allow 2 automatic places and 3rd to 6th being playoff spots so that three come up and three go down.

Not sure this is what the National League needs to be concentrating on, if I'm honest. Even if it does give Orient a better mathematical chance of promotion, I'm not sure that there is anything wrong with the play-off system throughout the game, never mind the National Leagues. 

I'm not saying it because Orient now find themselves in that league but I'd be pushing for a third promotion space if I were the National Leagues. The gap between the top end of the National League and bottom end of League Two doesn't seem to be that big, if there even is a gap anymore, and I think three places would make both leagues more entertaining than a six team play-off system.