talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Last Dance (Michael Jordan Docuseries)

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been meaning to. I have heard nothing but great things about it, and since that was during my youth when I fell in love with MJ and those Bulls teams, I'll certainly watch it soon. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

I've been meaning to. I have heard nothing but great things about it, and since that was during my youth when I fell in love with MJ and those Bulls teams, I'll certainly watch it soon. 

It will really recapture that love mate. My eyes welled up at times in the early episodes and was teleported to an earlier time.

I loved and idolised that man so much. I'd forgotten how much.

• Subscriber

Its a very good series if you grew up in that time and saw the Bulls dominate the way they did. Some of the episodes towards the last run at being champions are very good. Its also nice to hear the players openly talk about what went on and how everyone dealt with Rodman's absolute weirdness haha.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Anyone else ever get around to watching this? My jaw was on the floor for the entire thing. Im not a basketball fan but just to see the inside into truely one of the greatest athletes ever and the goat for basketball was awesome. The entire story was captivating and I highly recommend!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Anyone else ever get around to watching this? My jaw was on the floor for the entire thing. Im not a basketball fan but just to see the inside into truely one of the greatest athletes ever and the goat for basketball was awesome. The entire story was captivating and I highly recommend!

Growing up, I was a huge fan of MJ, even had this weird superstition to have his photo with me whenever I played for the school team xD Years later, I learned that he's apparently a massive douche, and was hugely disappointed. So I'm eager to watch the documentary, but I'm also anxious as I don't want to go through that trauma again xD Do they show that side of him, or is it more basketball-focused?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Growing up, I was a huge fan of MJ, even had this weird superstition to have his photo with me whenever I played for the school team xD Years later, I learned that he's apparently a massive douche, and was hugely disappointed. So I'm eager to watch the documentary, but I'm also anxious as I don't want to go through that trauma again xD Do they show that side of him, or is it more basketball-focused?

Yeah I remember hearing alot of those stories. Its not entirely about MJ in that in different episodes they kind of focus on different parts; one on Rodman, one on Pippen etc but I think the first was on MJ and getting drafted and starting out. Dont get me wrong hes the center of everything and they do constantly go to him in his house for commentary and overall I think he came across quite well. It You definitely see the competitive fire and the ego, they do play off some of the rivalries and get into the dream team and a bit of the politics there etc. They cover his father, space jam, touch on the nike deal as well. As a huge MJ fan just watch it and you wont regret it. I remember the Bulls in the 90s but I didnt watch or care much about basketball so youll have even more of an appreciation for it imo. 

The one guy they really didnt paint in a good light was Jerry Krause. Its a shame he isnt around to hear his opinion or have him be interviewed for this at all, I feel like he would have a hell of a lot to say. 

Archived