talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship 2019/20 Play-offs (Fulham Promoted)

football forum

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for Raya, he’s been brilliant since the restart, saved a pen against Swansea, has been good today, only dodgy moments have come from him having to make a high sweeper style clearance. And then that happens, have to praise Bryan for the intelligence and composure 

I don’t see us scoring now tbh

I'd feel bad for Brentford, but damn were they awful today, nothing really going forward, and not their typical self. Can't stress enough how much of an opportunity BOTH of these teams had for automatic promotion but started to fall off as the season ended. 

Happy to see Fulham back in the Prem. I do feel as though Brentford will come up next season as title winners if they manage to retain their players. Should’ve gone up instead of West Brom but that’s football.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Benrahma has probably left a lot of non-regular championship viewers wondering why he's linked to so many clubs.

Ollie wasn't anything great either. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Brentford just can’t handle pressure it seems. Against Stoke, Barnsley and now tonight they have shown a real lack of confidence when it mattered most. 

This is such a myth from people who just don’t watch us, or Leeds fan who’ve made a soundbite out of some fairly innocuous statements xD We’ve “bottled” one game this season and that was Barnsley. We won 7 games in a row to cut down a 10 point gap, we were bound to tail off. Literally how form works.

Overall there was little to seperate ourselves and Fulham today apart from Bryan’s moment of brilliance, without that I think this goes to penalties. Was a tale of two teams who have just run out of gas after a long season, boring, cagey, no one really shied away from today’s match it was just no one really had any cutting edge. It was just largely “meh”. Other than Bryan’s moment of brilliance of course.

Only caught the last 10 minutes, a bit gutted for Brentford but I don't mind Fulham coming back up at all. Always thought they've been a decent club, I'm interested to see how they attempt to establish themselves this time. They did it all wrong last time by just chucking money at it. They seem to have a better base this time and I do think they have some decent quality over the pitch.

How they kept Mitrovic I'll never know and he will definitely do the business in the Prem. 

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

All over now. The premiership and its fans can full on start mega wanking now. 

Didn't a lot of fans want Brentford up? 

• The title was changed to Championship 2019/20 Play-offs (Fulham Promoted)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived