talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship 2019/20 Play-offs (Fulham Promoted)

football forum

353.gif

Nottingham Forest Swansea City vs Brentford
Leg One - Sunday, 26 July, 18:30
Leg Two - Wednesday 29 July, 19:45

Cardiff City vs Fulham
Leg One - Monday, 27 Monday, 19:45
Leg Two - Thursday, 30 July, 19:45

Final
Tuesday, 4 August, 19:45

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited to watch this now. Would be thrilling if the final is between the two Welsh clubs, but certainly on overall season performance, a Fulham vs Brentford final appears to be the most fair and exciting option. 

Not sure what I want.

Obviously we have to beat Swansea otherwise there’s no point talking about a final

Cardiff seem the less good option but they play a brand that’s tough to beat on a given day. Fulham play a more open style but are better.

It is what it is, if we play to our best then we shouldn’t need to worry about other sides, just need to find that form first though 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

No it bloody wouldn't. ¬¬

Besides, we aren't getting to the final anyway. More chance of Brentford vs. Fulham. 

That's the spirit!

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's the spirit!

Our record against Swansea, Brentford and Fulham this season is 3 draws and 3 losses. We've done very well to get 5th, but am struggling to really see how we can beat Fulham across both legs and if we did, how to beat Brentford or Swansea when we struggled badly against them. 

Brentford are by far the most frightening to face if they get it right but mentally, that has got to have been a hammer blow to them missing auto's.

It's not like you can just shrug that off either, they literally had it in their hands twice. It will show a test of their character actually to reset and go again.

Fulham are a good footballing side but this is not as good a Fulham team that went up two seasons ago. They have their weaknesses and I can see Cardiff turning them over in two legs.

Cardiff are the ugliest team to watch but you cannot deny that they are effective in how they do it. For me, they could be the dark horse of the four because many will still expect Brentford or Fulham to blow them away and they will get caught out.

Swansea have nothing to lose. They shouldn't even be here bar some absolute madness and luck and they will be going into the Brentford game with no tension. The only question mark for me is whether they can come out on top over 180mins as opposed to just 90.

If pushed, I'm feeling a Brentford v Cardiff final. There is just something about Cardiff that won't go away.

My view on our team handling the pressure is this. We came back into the break with a 10 point gap and we managed to close it down to a 1 point gap, Fulham came back from the break and lost 2, drew 2. West Brom lost 2 and drew 4. We won 7 in a row and then lost the final 2, however you look at it it was still a great run of form and what happened was our team started to perform not so great as we played Derby, then as we played Preston. We won both games but if you watched we were poor at times. But it was an end to a great run of form that put us in the conversation. And it may well be a run of form that inspires us to win the play offs, who knows.

But we lost our last two games and the season has ended and we now go into the play offs not thinking about trying to get 7, 8, 9 wins in a row. We just need a draw and 2 wins.

Brewster is a talent isn’t he? We started well, good run from Benrahma but no finish, that Watkins header that nearly trickled in. Swansea has a couple chances too.

We’ve not really switched into top gear yet, hopefully that happens. But a much better performance than against Stoke and Barnsley

I'm sorry but this ref has absolutely fucked us up the arse. He has consistently given fouls against us throughout and ignored those in our favour, the yellow card on Jensen was absolutely mental. Brewster should have been pulled up for a free kick pulling Pinnock's shirt. But he ignores that? And then the red card? How the fuck has he seen that? He's watching it from behind, he can't even fucking see it properly.

Fuck me what a raging useless cunt he is

• The title was changed to Championship 2019/20 Play-offs (Fulham Promoted)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived