talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship 2019/20 Play-offs (Fulham Promoted)

football forum

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Bold claim.

Dont think he's too wrong though. You lot are up there too mind.

As much as I have a soft spot for Fulham, I would like to see Brentford get through. They play great football and I'd like to see how they'd so up in the PL.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to say the same as Rick, always quite liked Fulham and even though their return was pretty disappointing last year I'd be interested to see how they'd do the second time round. Although I do think I'd like to see Brentford come up, always good to have a different team and I do wonder how they'd fair in the league. You've just got to admire the way they do things and I'd like to see how in translates for them with Premier League money. 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

I think the top three teams should earn direct promotion, these play offs and then an one off final kills the essence of the league format. Finishing even one spot above after a 46 games season is a reward.

I understand what you're saying and it felt that way too last season when we got knocked out by Derby. Morally you are right.

But...there is no denying that the inclusion of the playoffs has probably been the absolute making of the Football League. They are brilliant. In some leagues it doesn't work as well but domestically, it works to a tee for the Football League.

It's why it is so competitive too. 14-16 teams probably feel they have an outside chance of playing for something and sneaking in there before a ball is kicked and it allows most clubs to dream. Not like the Premier League at all.

Also given the fact Brentford and Fulham both finished on 81pts suggests there is literally a toss of a coin between them. It's not often 3rd gets to play 4th in the final and it's very exciting to see.

Just hope for a good game tonight and nothing controversial to swing it. Let it be won fairly and by a moment of brilliance.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sky put those up? Unlike our owner tbh

No idea who's responsible for it but there's the glaring spelling error so if it is club-managed, that's even worse xD 

2 hours ago, Azeem said:

I think the top three teams should earn direct promotion, these play offs and then an one off final kills the essence of the league format. Finishing even one spot above after a 46 games season is a reward.

No way - it makes the race for the top 2 much more interesting. Plus, instead of having just 3 teams fighting for promotion, you now have 6, and usually the difference between these teams is 3 or less, which could give teams a way to make up for a bad run of form, a bad call from a ref, or anything else that happens in the long season. 

The playoffs are fantastic, and brings more drama, more football, and more money into the league...all of which are great for everyone involved. 

I'd also argue that the winning of the playoffs gets a joy that a non-championship automatic promotion team doesn't get to experience. 

My word - Sky was just doing an interview with Jack Harrison and the sound was way off and you could barely hear anything, instead it was just a lot of crackling and loud noises....

I hope that's sorted before the match starts. 

No Mitrovic is pretty big. What he brings to their team is why they were competing for Top 2 for so long.

It's not just goals, it's the physical presence and I was going to enjoy watching him and Jansson knock lumps out of eachother.

Massive shame as you want to see both teams going at it toe for toe. Very hard to look past a Brentford win I'd say.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No Mitrovic is pretty big. What he brings to their team is why they were competing for Top 2 for so long.

It's not just goals, it's the physical presence and I was going to enjoy watching him and Jansson knock lumps out of eachother.

Sounds like someone I know... :34_rolling_eyes:

Anyways I hope Brentford do it. Would be impressive resilience if they do as well, given as missing the top 2 barely or bottling it can be very harmful to morale. Just ask Leeds!

Other than the early error, fairly even game so far. Fulham with one clear cut chance but otherwise we’ve both defended well.

Just need a bit more from our attack, Benrahma been a little slow on the attack and tracking back. One big effort and it changes how hard we go at them, just need to create it

• The title was changed to Championship 2019/20 Play-offs (Fulham Promoted)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived