talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship 2019/20 Play-offs (Fulham Promoted)

football forum

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's he said/done and why is @Bluebird Hewitt so riled about it? 

I think it's because of this. Swansea fans are thinking he is coming across too cocky.

Personally don't think it's worth crying about, if anything, it'll probably give the Swansea players a boost.

I can see how that would rile up their supporters, but tbh I dont really care. Frank’s words have been exploited and put into sound bites throughout various points of the season so at least he’s come out and actually given whatever media outlets what they want

I think the players are angry and motivated and even if Swansea win tonight I think this approach will push them harder to trying to win.

I’ve little sympathy for whatever respect they’re after considering their manager couldn’t admit the Rico red card was a clear as day tackle, clearly after trying to influence the decision to keep him banned.

I’m see 3 possible outcomes tonight, Swansea win and we struggle to get into form. Swansea win and we play well. We play well, win and put 2-3-4-5 past them.

46 minutes ago, Danny said:

I can see how that would rile up their supporters, but tbh I dont really care. Frank’s words have been exploited and put into sound bites throughout various points of the season so at least he’s come out and actually given whatever media outlets what they want

I think the players are angry and motivated and even if Swansea win tonight I think this approach will push them harder to trying to win.

I’ve little sympathy for whatever respect they’re after considering their manager couldn’t admit the Rico red card was a clear as day tackle, clearly after trying to influence the decision to keep him banned.

I’m see 3 possible outcomes tonight, Swansea win and we struggle to get into form. Swansea win and we play well. We play well, win and put 2-3-4-5 past them.

Let's hope it's the latter. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

1-0!!! Watkins with an early goal to level the tie up :D 

Get in!

An all London final is the most fitting Final based on the team's performances. 

This isn't over, but Brentford are looking like the normal Brentford we saw the second half of the year. 

And my god, Cooper is the ugliest guy in football. xD

Just now, Eco said:

That looked like  a weak header...I guess the keeper was on the wrong foot as he barely moved. 

Naw - that's a good header. Horrendous defending there. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I have never heard of this, since I guess it's not common, but are tactics boards banned? If so, Why? 

They’re not banned, but apparently you can’t use them as blatantly as we did 😅

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

What is the reasoning behind THAT? 

It's just meant to be a 'drinks break' not a tactical team-talk session.

I agree with it. 

Just now, Stan said:

It's just meant to be a 'drinks break' not a tactical team-talk session.

I agree with it. 

Ah, so the issues involved Thomas using it during the drinks break, not just using it in general (like with incoming subs and stuff). 

Brentford have been clinical. You can tell they have the bit between their teeth because the pressure was off. Just as I expected and alluded to before.

Swansea's defence for that first goal was Conference stuff. How you leave a gap like that and one of the best strikers in the division unmarked was suicidal.

For the neutral though, there is still plenty in this game. Been a good watch. It's threatened to become very open and could turn a 'little bit crazy' if Swansea score.

One more for Brentford and this should be done mind.

• The title was changed to Championship 2019/20 Play-offs (Fulham Promoted)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived