talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Tottenham - Sunday 26th July, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.00

Live on Sky Sports Action

821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png      VS     e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg

Head to Head
Crystal Palace - 10
Draws - 13
Tottenham - 27

Recent Form
Crystal Palace - LLLLL
Tottenham - WDWWW

Reverse Fixture
Tottenham 4-0 Crystal Palace

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-1 Tottenham - Sunday 26th July, 2020

I do think that if a team can't be in the Champions' League then the Europa League is the next best thing but Mourinho celebrating it was hilarious. It's a step down from recent seasons rather than a step up and he has to know that.

38 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I do think that if a team can't be in the Champions' League then the Europa League is the next best thing but Mourinho celebrating it was hilarious. It's a step down from recent seasons rather than a step up and he has to know that.

He is a dick. 

This is the same man who won the treble and then 7 years later forcefully told his United players to hold up three fingers after they won the Community Shied, League Cup and Europa league. 

His standards have horrifically dropped. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This is the same man who won the treble and then 7 years later forcefully told his United players to hold up three fingers after they won the Community Shied, League Cup and Europa league. 

His standards have horrifically dropped. 

He is a dick.

• The topic was unpinned
On 26/07/2020 at 11:42, 6666 said:

I mean he has to know that... doesn’t he? He’s been a star at the top level before, he’s got to know this level he’s at now is a step down for him and for a club that was in the CL final last year.

But don’t forget...

On 26/07/2020 at 12:29, LFCMadLad said:

He is a dick.

And he’s also sort of got to attempt to change a rotten atmosphere in his dressing room that’s been there since before he’s taken the job, tbh.

Man management is important in trying to establish a winning mentality and celebrating even small achievements so as to get his side feeling like they ended the season on a high note and having a bit of confidence might help them start next season with a bit of confidence.

They’re already a side that’s been accused of lacking in bottle and turning their heads when they dropped confidence (hence going to shite with Poch, their best manager in my lifetime). He’s got to cultivate some sort of positivity in his side to attempt to turn things around this season.

But yeah, it is funny seeing him big up something you know he probably thinks is small. But I can see exactly why he’s doing it, and he’s doing it for his team and not giving a shit you and I have a laugh about it.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean he has to know that... doesn’t he? He’s been a star at the top level before, he’s got to know this level he’s at now is a step down for him and for a club that was in the CL final last year.

But don’t forget...

And he’s also sort of got to attempt to change a rotten atmosphere in his dressing room that’s been there since before he’s taken the job, tbh.

Man management is important in trying to establish a winning mentality and celebrating even small achievements so as to get his side feeling like they ended the season on a high note and having a bit of confidence might help them start next season with a bit of confidence.

They’re already a side that’s been accused of lacking in bottle and turning their heads when they dropped confidence (hence going to shite with Poch, their best manager in my lifetime). He’s got to cultivate some sort of positivity in his side to attempt to turn things around this season.

But yeah, it is funny seeing him big up something you know he probably thinks is small. But I can see exactly why he’s doing it, and he’s doing it for his team and not giving a shit you and I have a laugh about it.

If you could hire any man to change a toxic dressing room, the last person you would appoint would be Mourinho.

He creates toxic atmosphere not fixes it.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

If you could hire any man to change a toxic dressing room, the last person you would appoint would be Mourinho.

He creates toxic atmosphere not fixes it.

I never said it was a good idea to hire Mourinho for a project like Spurs. He's enjoyed success when he's at a club that's got a ton of talent already and making them turn the final corner to win things. His time at United made him look terrible at building up a side into a winner.

It'll be interesting to see how he ultimately does, because he's got a track record of leaving players worn out and with divides in the dressing room. But this is really the first time he's being asked to build up a side (unless Levy's more naive than any of us could ever have thought and he thinks Spurs have enough in the tank as a squad to compete for the league/cups with just a few tweaks). I also think it's unreasonable to think that a man can't change as he faces new situations, and that's where he's at right now... facing new situations in his career.

Can he adapt? We will see.

But you can see why he's celebrated the EL here. It's not because he thinks the Europa League is some great tournament and he's thrilled to now be on this level under the top. He's doing it to instill the idea of "we ended this shite season on a high note! Let's keep this momentum up when I see you after your 2 week holidays lads!"

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I never said it was a good idea to hire Mourinho for a project like Spurs. He's enjoyed success when he's at a club that's got a ton of talent already and making them turn the final corner to win things. His time at United made him look terrible at building up a side into a winner.

It'll be interesting to see how he ultimately does, because he's got a track record of leaving players worn out and with divides in the dressing room. But this is really the first time he's being asked to build up a side (unless Levy's more naive than any of us could ever have thought and he thinks Spurs have enough in the tank as a squad to compete for the league/cups with just a few tweaks). I also think it's unreasonable to think that a man can't change as he faces new situations, and that's where he's at right now... facing new situations in his career.

Can he adapt? We will see.

But you can see why he's celebrated the EL here. It's not because he thinks the Europa League is some great tournament and he's thrilled to now be on this level under the top. He's doing it to instill the idea of "we ended this shite season on a high note! Let's keep this momentum up when I see you after your 2 week holidays lads!"

Disagree. In his post match press conference after their last game he wouldnt stop going on about how Spurs were 16th when he took over and how they made Europe being a miracle. 

He wasnt bigging up the players at all... as usual he made it all about himself. 

Horrible man. 

Archived