Everton - LDLDW
Bournemouth - LDWLL

Reverse Fixture
Bournemouth 3-1 Everton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I swear to god Everton if you let these miserable Tories survive by beating us at Goodison then I'm out.

Tbf this is the worst sort of opponent to play when your club’s season is effectively over before the last day.

You had nothing to play for. Bournemouth have everything to play for.

Well they did until Grealish just scored. But you can’t blame them for giving it everything here.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf this is the worst sort of opponent to play when your club’s season is effectively over before the last day.

You had nothing to play for. Bournemouth have everything to play for.

Well they did until Grealish just scored. But you can’t blame them for giving it everything here.

Lol as I was typing this Villa get scored on

• Subscriber

Very generous of us to give Bournemouth a game against the quality of side that they'll be facing next season.

Just kidding, that performance was about what you'd expect from a mid-table League One side. We have been absolute garbage this season, an absolute disgrace for the size of the club and the money spent on this squad over the past few seasons. The only thing saving us from being in the relegation scrap on the last day was a mid-season purple patch for Calvert-Lewin and a few match winning moments from Richarlison. Holgate and Digne are the only other players who have any right to be genuinely satisfied with their level of performance across the season.

Pickford, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, Davies, Delph and Gomes (harsh perhaps because of the injury) all need to be having a good look in the mirror as there's no way we can hope to shift all of them this summer.

Not going to miss Sidibe after his loan. I want to see Kenny, Gordon, Branthwaite and Kean given the chance to establish themselves in the first team squad next season. We can't keep pissing away £30m on player after player. Work with what you've got for a while.

12th for fucks sake. Worst league finish in 16 years.

• The title was changed to Everton 1-3 Bournemouth - Sunday 26th July, 2020
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No new manager bump then :ph34r:

Need Carlo to use his contacts in the mafia to bump off a few of our players I think. Use the insurance to buy Bolasie and Tosun out of their contracts.

• The topic was unpinned
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Need Carlo to use his contacts in the mafia to bump off a few of our players I think. Use the insurance to buy Bolasie and Tosun out of their contracts.

I think you need Carlo to leave and bring in a manager more suited to the job in hand. 

Carlo is out of his depth at Everton, much too bigger job for him to handle. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think you need Carlo to leave and bring in a manager more suited to the job in hand. 

Carlo is out of his depth at Everton, much too bigger job for him to handle. 

It's not the manager that's out of his depth, it's half the squad. They're utterly pathetic. I can't tell if you're being serious or not suggesting that a man with multiple Champions League winners medals is out of his depth managing Tom Davies and Theo Walcott. We've been shite for 6 seasons now and the common denominator(s) is not the manager.

16 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Didn't realise you still had him. 

Yeah it's embarrassing. You think we've wasted money in the last couple of years, we're still suffering from all the five year contracts handed out by Koeman and Walsh to pensioners and liabilities.

22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's not the manager that's out of his depth, it's half the squad. They're utterly pathetic. I can't tell if you're being serious or not suggesting that a man with multiple Champions League winners medals is out of his depth managing Tom Davies and Theo Walcott. We've been shite for 6 seasons now and the common denominator(s) is not the manager.

Yeah it's embarrassing. You think we've wasted money in the last couple of years, we're still suffering from all the five year contracts handed out by Koeman and Walsh to pensioners and liabilities.

Out of his depth meaning he has never taken a job like this on. Carlo is basically learning as he goes along. He is used to clubs that win everything... keep things ticking along so to speak. 

He has never had a job where his team is shite and needs rebuilding, hence why he has not improved Everton one bit since he arrived.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Out of his depth meaning he has never taken a job like this on. Carlo is basically learning as he goes along. He is used to clubs that win everything... keep things ticking along so to speak. 

He has never had a job where his team is shite and needs rebuilding, hence why he has not improved Everton one bit since he arrived.

I said this the moment they appointed him. 

It's the very reason why I don't rate Ancelotti among the very best. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I said this the moment they appointed him. 

It's the very reason why I don't rate Ancelotti among the very best. 

Me too. He's a water carrier. A good one but a water carrier none the less. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

He hasn't had a transfer window yet has he? You're not the first person with this very strange take on things but you can tell it only comes from people who don't watch us regularly. He has gone on and on about our mentality and our ambition not being good enough and he's right. We have some technically capable footballers but they are absolute cowards. You can see it in everything they do, they'll pass the ball and the responsibility sideways instead of taking a risk and getting on the front foot, they'll avoid making forward runs or taking a player on with the ball because if they lose it they'll have to recover it themselves and they're happy to post a 6/10 by doing nothing instead of getting singled out for making a mistake. They have no standards and don't look remotely arsed about Bournemouth doing the double over them because why would they? Players like Sigurdsson, Delph and Schneiderlin have had their peak. They're not going to go above Everton in future and they're earning enough and have been handed long enough contracts that they don't have to fight for their livelihood either, it's a shambles, the club remains poisoned by our bad decisions off the pitch for multiple seasons. There are obviously exceptions to this description but I'm describing a core group in this squad.

We need a manager like Ancelotti right now even if he's no expert rebuilder, because he knows what an elite player looks like, not just their ability but their mentality and their approach to their job. He can tell the difference between who is going through the motions and who actually has a desire to better themselves and the team. Too many of these players have hidden behind Martinez, Silva, Allardyce and even Koeman because our fans and our board were always able to look at the club and be unsure whether it was the players or the manager who weren't good enough to get in the top six or whatever. You can't do that with a man who has won the Premier League and Champions League as the manager.

Just now, Spike said:

I don't think water carrier works in this context mate

Yeah maybe I'm too pissed to explain it properly 😒  what I mean is he is good at maintaining a winning set of players but is distinctly average at building a winning team.

Fuck knows haha 

Archived