Leicester - WDLWL
Man Utd - WDWLD

Reverse Fixture
Man Utd 1-0 Leicester

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Win it and we're a Champions League team. Draw it and we are if Wolves win at Chelsea. Lose it and it's the Europa League.

This is a game that could really help shape our next few years. It's massive.

My hopes aren't up. I also have absolutely zero faith in the officials to deliver a fair game.

Kind of glad we have to play for a win though daft as that may sound - I think needing only a draw would encourage us to play more negatively and we'd eventually cave in and lose.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Win it and we're a Champions League team. Draw it and we are if Wolves win at Chelsea. Lose it and it's the Europa League.

This is a game that could really help shape our next few years. It's massive.

My hopes aren't up. I also have absolutely zero faith in the officials to deliver a fair game.

Kind of glad we have to play for a win though daft as that may sound - I think needing only a draw would encourage us to play more negatively and we'd eventually cave in and lose.

I've resigned myself to playing Europa League, to be honest. And on the whole, for a club like us, that's not a bad thing (yes, well documented how the season has been).

That's not to say there's no ambition, but Europa League can still attract some decent players and playing in Europa League will still be a first for a lot of players to play in Europe in this squad.

I can just see it happening where we're drawing with Man Utd while Wolves get a later winner at Stamford Bridge. Then Man Utd get a dodgy penalty thanks to VAR and score it, denying us that CL place. 

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've resigned myself to playing Europa League, to be honest. And on the whole, for a club like us, that's not a bad thing (yes, well documented how the season has been).

That's not to say there's no ambition, but Europa League can still attract some decent players and playing in Europa League will still be a first for a lot of players to play in Europe in this squad.

I can just see it happening where we're drawing with Man Utd while Wolves get a later winner at Stamford Bridge. Then Man Utd get a dodgy penalty thanks to VAR and score it, denying us that CL place. 

I have as well and I think the fact we go into it in 5th place actually makes me a little less worried. In some ways I'm actually glad they drew yesterday (told you!!!) rather than lost as it will force us to attack, and I think that's when we're at our best.

5th is still obviously a very good season for Leicester, but I think to come there from 2nd in January is piss poor, you really feel like this was our chance to climb the pecking order a bit and we've all but blown it. With FFP being as good as abolished I expect Manchester City & Chelsea to spend another absurd amount of money this summer and it will really hit home what a chance we wasted.

Not a lot we can do at this point. Just somehow win the game. I appreciate I've made a big deal of this but it isn't unfounded - but I simply can't believe Manchester United can get this many mental decisions in their favour by chance and I can't believe that there won't be another to seal them a top 4 place on Sunday if it's looking under threat.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think United will kill you on the counter. 

Same. If he sets up like he did at Spurs we'll be hammered.

Surely he can't. I'm holding out hope that he isn't that mental.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Rent free. You’re celebrating Liverpool’s first title win in 30 years and you’re talking about Manchester United. Pretty embarrassing.

Well tbf he did play for your city rivals as well. But i think that you're right any player of the club shouldn't even be bothered with whats going on in Manchester whether its you'll or City right now.

Assuming of course it didn't come from that wonderful parody account floating around on Twitter.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Well tbf he did play for your city rivals as well. But i think that you're right any player of the club shouldn't even be bothered with whats going on in Manchester whether its you'll or City right now.

Exactly. Imagine celebrating, but having United on your mind. Hilarious.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Exactly. Imagine celebrating, but having United on your mind. Hilarious.

I agree but depends on the context, right?

If someone's asked him (fan, journo, whoever) 'What do you think of Utd fans' what would you expect him to say considering he's played for Leeds, Man City & Liverpool). He's bound to respond with something like the above xD 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I agree but depends on the context, right?

If someone's asked him (fan, journo, whoever) 'What do you think of Utd fans' what would you expect him to say considering he's played for Leeds, Man City & Liverpool). He's bound to respond with something like the above xD 

But nobody asked him that. He was literally talking about a red ribbon, then called United fans fucking wankers. Is he that consumed he just can’t enjoy a moment without randomly mentioning United? It’s small time. He shouldn’t be giving two fucks about us languishing 30+ points behind.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

But nobody asked him that. He was literally talking about a red ribbon, then called United fans fucking wankers. Is he that consumed he just can’t enjoy a moment without randomly mentioning United? It’s small time. He shouldn’t be giving two fucks about us languishing 30+ points behind.

I know, I agree he shouldn't give a fuck. I just didn't know the context is all!

Is he wrong though :ph34r:?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think the majority of all football fans are bias fucking tits to be fair 😂

I do not disagree.

As a supporter of the best side the has ever won the league, and ever will, I am in no position to dispute your statement :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He was talking to Lallana telling him he’d always hated seeing red ribbons on the trophy before this because that usually meant United had won the league, and he’s a Leeds fan. It only got picked up by cameras because of no cameras, but it’s literally just a comment from a Leeds fan being bemused he’s finally enjoying seeing red ribbons on the trophy to his mate.

39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He was talking to Lallana telling him he’d always hated seeing red ribbons on the trophy before this because that usually meant United had won the league, and he’s a Leeds fan. It only got picked up by cameras because of no cameras, but it’s literally just a comment from a Leeds fan being bemused he’s finally enjoying seeing red ribbons on the trophy to his mate.

Yeah, pretty much this.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it, i saw the video and it was a tongue in cheek comment (although yeah, definitely meant it)

This 'rent free' business is literally being used everywhere now unnecessarily for me. I highly doubt Milner's given that much of a fuck over the past few years whilst he's been winning medals.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I highly doubt Milner's given that much of a fuck over the past few years whilst he's been winning medals.

And yet there he is, talking about Manchester United. Whilst collecting his medals xD. It wasn’t tongue in cheek at all. 

• Subscriber

Back on topic, I would rather see Leicester in the top 4 as they deserve it but not at the expense of United, I just hope that it's a good game and not ruined by VAR or the ref who happens to be Martin Atkinson and don't ask me if he is a good and fair ref or not because I would not have a clue.

Last game of the season and even if United get into the champions league for next season they won't win it and have more chance in the Europa, saying that, so does Leicester, I can see this ending up 1-1 and if anyone is going to win it for Leicester then it will be Vardy, give him a sniff at goal and he will score, please take note Mr blunderbusses, Maguire & DeGea. :coffee:   

• The title was changed to Leicester 0-2 Man Utd - Sunday 26th July, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived