talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool - Sunday 26th July, 2020

football forum

32 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If Manchester city aren't current Premier league champs because they can't mathematically win the title, then you guys aren't current champions league champions. 

Liverpool have literally won this seasons league. No one has done anything in the Champions League yet. Current European champions are Liverpool.

Soz.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool have literally won this seasons league. No one has done anything in the Champions League yet. Current European champions are Liverpool.

Soz.

That is because leagues end before the CL.... look you’re happy about the success of the club I know, but if you can’t see how odd it truly is to pose with trophies from different seasons, then you’re just blind with joy. I don’t even care about Liverpool, it is just an odd thing ai observed

He’s got a valid point to be fair. I’ve not seen a single fan of any other club think that this was a good idea. Yes, Liverpool fans will just say everyone is being salty, but it doesn’t stop it from being true. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to be posing next to a trophy of a tournament I’ve been knocked out of. Yes, on a massive technicality, you’re still the holders. I’d have seen it as acceptable if you were still in the competition, but you’re not. You’ve failed to defend it, so why pose with it?

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s got a valid point to be fair. I’ve not seen a single fan of any other club think that this was a good idea. Yes, Liverpool fans will just say everyone is being salty, but it doesn’t stop it from being true. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to be posing next to a trophy of a tournament I’ve been knocked out of. Yes, on a massive technicality, you’re still the holders. I’d have seen it as acceptable if you were still in the competition, but you’re not. You’ve failed to defend it, so why pose with it?

The shame of losing to El Burnley Del Stoke city has been forgotten too soon. 

• Subscriber

OMG does anyone really care? Why don't we all just agree to congratulate Liverpool for being the holders of the Champions League for longer than usual because of a pandemic. It's a once in a lifetime achievement to be fair. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Tbh if it upsets other football fans (and it clearly has), it was worth doing.

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

Manquillo the man marking the goalscorer for both goals. Had a better season but every now and then falls short of good enough.

He was abysmal when he was with us. Surprised he’s still playing in the top flight in England tbh

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool - Sunday 26th July, 2020
14 hours ago, Spike said:

What blew up your arse? I feel embarrassed  for you, sheesh

Ale. No recollection of these posts to be honestxD

Anyway, thought we played well today. Missed their goal but was all Liverpool after that. Keita with another good performance too.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh if it upsets other football fans (and it clearly has), it was worth doing.

I don't think anyone is actually upset, morseso confused and amused. I think Liverpool fans can take the 'they hate us cuz they ain't us' a little too literally at times Can a bloke make an observation without being accused of being salty or upset? I really don't care about Liverpool at all win or lose, which might surprise some of you/

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't think anyone is actually upset, morseso confused and amused. I think Liverpool fans can take the 'they hate us cuz they ain't us' a little too literally at times Can a bloke make an observation without being accused of being salty or upset? I really don't care about Liverpool at all win or lose, which might surprise some of you/

Doesn't care about Liverpool... Never out of Liverpool threads xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived