talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool - Sunday 26th July, 2020

football forum

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Doesn't care about Liverpool... Never out of Liverpool threads xD

Well half the forum supports the club and the one of the best teams in the world, it's a common subject. I'll ask for your permission next time, or am I not allowed to because 'I'm on the otherside of the world'? 9_9

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Keita is coming along nicely and its a shame he was injured when he was because he would have been really handy playing the way he is now. The good news is that hes integrating well and now we have next season to look forward to. 

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well half the forum supports the club and the one of the best teams in the world, it's a common subject. I'll ask for your permission next time, or am I not allowed to because 'I'm on the otherside of the world'? 9_9

You need to untwist your knickers to be honest xD

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Origi’s final goal? Folk hero but just not good enough backup.

Final goal why?

Hes just signed a new contract so he will be staying. He's a good squad player..pops up with good/important goals now and again and never moans about being sat on the bench every week. Hard to find those type of players.

Shaqiri is probably done though so he will need replacing with someone who can really push our regular front 3. 

It was piss poor from us considering we had a 1 goal headstart and Liverpool rested their attack. You get away with it just because there's nothing to play for.

Ended the season with 1 win in 8. 

19 points from 19 games.

Two strikers signed last summer.

Joelinton 2 goals

Carroll 0 goals

Lowest team goals scored since 1998. 

This is an important transfer window for us but Bruce is already talking about bosmans and loans. The defence has regressed. Dubravka has kept us in the league.

• The topic was unpinned
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

It was piss poor from us considering we had a 1 goal headstart and Liverpool rested their attack. You get away with it just because there's nothing to play for.

Ended the season with 1 win in 8. 

19 points from 19 games.

Two strikers signed last summer.

Joelinton 2 goals

Carroll 0 goals

Lowest team goals scored since 1998. 

This is an important transfer window for us but Bruce is already talking about bosmans and loans. The defence has regressed. Dubravka has kept us in the league.

Impossible. According to Merson earlier today, you should be thanking Bruce and jacking him off for doing a great job replacing Benitez. :whistling:

30 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Impossible. According to Merson earlier today, you should be thanking Bruce and jacking him off for doing a great job replacing Benitez. :whistling:

Steve Bruce in his own words said we've done OK this season. That's fair. The pundit class however think we've been great, a massive success and much improved. 

Last week Graeme Souness said Bruce had delivered the edge of the seat football Newcastle fans want. Lowest goals scored in over 20 years, lowest possession in Europe. Worst atmosphere at the games in the history of the club because of that as well.

A couple of weeks back there was an article in the Times calling for Bruce to be Premier League manager of the year. Jim White also said he should be a contender. We've finished 10 points behind Burnley and Sheffield United.

What's happening here is that Steve Bruce is seen as an underdog, so the British trait of backing said characters has led to ludicrous interpretations of our situation. We the fans are seen as the expectant in this underdog scenario, thus we are defamed, talked about in cliches and as if we are the enemy of Bruce the underdog who is in need of some sort of championing.

After this season I'm personally in favour of all ex players being sacked as pundits and replaced with realist journos who do their homework.

• Subscriber

All the Soccer Saturday pundits are weirdly in bed with all of the mediocre British managers. They'd have rather seen David Moyes and Sam Allardyce take over at Everton and Arsenal mid season than Ancelotti and Arteta.

I turned on for the build up for once today and they were doing one of their Soccer Saturday "banter" montages of the season. Switched it off immediately as it was giving me cancer in both of my eyes and ears. Absolute dinosaurs and half of them haven't two brain cells to rub together.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

All the Soccer Saturday pundits are weirdly in bed with all of the mediocre British managers. They'd have rather seen David Moyes and Sam Allardyce take over at Everton and Arsenal mid season than Ancelotti and Arteta.

I turned on for the build up for once today and they were doing one of their Soccer Saturday "banter" montages of the season. Switched it off immediately as it was giving me cancer in both of my eyes and ears. Absolute dinosaurs and half of them haven't two brain cells to rub together.

Some managers are media favourites and British managers are typically amongst them. The usual pundits always seem to push the same faces for any opening tbh. And then when it’s someone like Bruce or Hodgson, etc, they’ll defend them to the hilt no matter how performances and results go.

What else to say? Well apart from the fact it's a blessed relief that this season has finally ended over a year after it started, then there's not much new to record.

The hallmark of this season has been a lack of endeavour and this was again evident today; 1-0 ahead and dropping ever deeper, but with no change in approach at 1-1 or 1-2.

This result was essentially meaningless, but too much of today's non-event has been mirrored through the season for comfort. It's difficult to see what progress has been made collectively in 12 months.

They may not have been able to witness this first-hand, but the frustration of the Geordie nation is evident in every text, email and socially-distanced exchange.

This has been a season every bit as uninspiring and unwatchable as feared: the only mild surprise being that seven sides collected less points than ourselves - proof of the utter mundanity of this league.

Graeme Souness spoke recently in praise of Bruce, claiming that his team had got Toon fans on the edge of their seats this season. That may well be true, but certainly not in the way he meant.

What the owner and manager have perpetrated, COVID has exacerbated. The sense of nothingness and indifference feels both overwhelming and perpetual.

Bruce has exceeded our own personal expectations for the season just ended, but only because they were so ludicrously low.

There may well be three worse teams than us by next May, but that's no consolation to anyone contemplating another season of this joyless excuse for a football club.

This club desperately needs a project restart of its own - the alternative is too unpalatable to contemplate.

Nufc.com

Newcastle fans have been patronised for a long time by often London based journalist who seem to think the further away from London you are the less discerning you should be. You don’t live in London anyway, so how can you expect anything you peasants?

See  Allardyce, Pardew, Bruce and Ashley.

Archived