talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa del Rey Final 2017 - DEPORTIVO ALAVÉS 1-3 FC BARCELONA

football forum

28 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Messi has had a brilliant season individually. 54 goals and not just a bunch of tap ins and poacher goals, but the majority have been of a world class standard, many from his own work. Not to mention the amazing passes and mazey dribble runs(some great ones this season) you see from him most weeks. If the Ballon d'or really is for the best individual on the planet, then there is only one winner this year as it stands, although he never won it last year, despite being levels ahead of everyone as an individual player, so you never know.

Johan Cruyff:

"There is a huge difference between a great player and a goalscorer"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Johan Cruyff:

"There is a huge difference between a great player and a goalscorer"

I couldn't agree more with Cruijff there.

On another note, Neymar has been class when he wants to be this season and has  grown more as the season progressed, he's now at a stage where he is full of experience and improved greatly on his final product and decision making. With players such as himself and Messi, you can't rule this team out in bouncing back as it's what they are good at. Next season could be an interesting one.

Good to see Enrique leave by winning a trophy, even if it was the least important of the 3 at the start of the season. He has done exceptionally well in 3 years and has cemented himself as one of the most successful coaches in the club's history in such a short period. I would say however that it was the right time for him to leave as it's not a job I believe a man can do for too long without having a complete break down. It'll be interesting to see if he manages again in the future, but I doubt he will for a while yet.

It was the perfect way to end a difficult season, with a trophy, and the perfect send off for our legend as a player and coach, Luis Enrique.

At the beginning of the season obviously we would have wanted more than the Copa Del Rey, but you have to learn how to be flexible and adjust expectations to suit how the season is panning out.

Based on how our season went, I'm definitely really happy with our third consecutive Copa Del Rey title. 

I was also very, very pleased with Gomes and Paco's performances, now that they've had a year to adjust, I can't wait to see them next season! And, well, Messi, there's nothing to be said there to be honest :4_joy: It was another dominating, classic Leo Messi performance. His run and pass to Paco for the third goal was perfection personified. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived