talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adopt a Club 2020/21 - Benevento

football forum

• Subscriber

Cannabis usually does this thread but he's not here so I've decided to take it upon myself to do it instead this year. 

We need to decide a team that we as a forum are going to collectively support for the upcoming 2020/21 season. Last time we chose Boston United and we kept up with it for a few weeks and then it seemed to die down a bit.

This time, we're going to stick by our adopted team through and through. I'll provide updates on the chosen team in the way of match reports, transfer news, etc etc. We will grow to love our new team. We'll experience the highs and the lows and we'll root for our new favourite players.

So, who is it going to be? It was an English club last time so as suggested by others previously, let's go somewhere else this time. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - that Boston United fizzled quick. 

I agree we need a new location. Maybe a team in Italy or French (lowest post counts on the forum). Maybe a rule should be it has to be a team that was just promoted to the top league? 

Just an idea, but I'm down for this. 

Also @Pyfish - when is episode 2 coming out? 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - that Boston United fizzled quick. 

I agree we need a new location. Maybe a team in Italy or French (lowest post counts on the forum). Maybe a rule should be it has to be a team that was just promoted to the top league? 

Just an idea, but I'm down for this. 

Also @Pyfish - when is episode 2 coming out? 

I'm happy with any team but that sounds like a good idea. Needs to be accessible in terms of being able to watch or listen to matches if we wanted to as well.

First episode of the podcast is coming soon ;) just got to edit it together and hopefully get a person from the club to get involved too. 

• Administrator

With the Italy/France promoted to top division criteria we'd have Benevento and 2 other clubs TBC (Italy) or a choice of Lorient/Lens from France.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

With the Italy/France promoted to top division criteria we'd have Benevento and 2 other clubs TBC (Italy) or a choice of Lorient/Lens from France.

Benevento are quite a fun club too, small town, and very interesting little club. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Inzaghi is their manager too. 

Yep!

I remember a couple of seasons ago in their first ever Serie A season they drew at home with Milan and their keeper scored a last minute equaliser!

• Subscriber

I’m happy to go with Benevento but we will leave it open for a bit in case anyone else has any other suggestions. 

Benevento’s matches seem pretty accessible on their website in terms of viewing highlights. Not sure if that would be the same next season in Serie A but I know Premier Sports hold the rights for Serie A in the UK.

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

Looks like some good luck is going their way.

10 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Loic Remy went for a medical with them the other day but failed it so that move is off.

Wow thats a name I havent heard in a while.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived