• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2020/21

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Kadewere makes it 2-1!

Ironically the same side where Lopes scored an own goal, now the St Etienne keeper is wrong-footed by the strikers mis-hit cross. They deserve the lead now after the last 10-15 minutes of pressure.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

That doesn't look goof for Neymar at all :( 

Might have a broken ankle?

Yes, that looks bad. 

Ligue 1 is brutal. It´s one of the most physical leagues in Europe, no doubt. La Liga is a better league for a player like Neymar who likes to dribble. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Yes, that looks bad. 

Ligue 1 is brutal. It´s one of the most physical leagues in Europe, no doubt. La Liga is a better league for a player like Neymar who likes to dribble. 

I do think the red card was harsh. I reckon the ref's seen the consequence of the challenge and based it on that. One of those where it's unfortunate positioning as opposed to anything reckless or malicious for a straight red card. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I do think the red card was harsh. I reckon the ref's seen the consequence of the challenge and based it on that. One of those where it's unfortunate positioning as opposed to anything reckless or malicious for a straight red card. 

I agree, Mendes went for the ball, though that kind of tackle is dangerous because it can strech the opponent´s leg. 

The problem with Ligue 1 is that referees are not as protective of big stars such as Neymar or Mbappé. This could be the 3rd big injury Neymar´s suffered since moving to PSG in 2017, all of these suffered in french domestic matches after tackles. Not to mention, Mbappé´s injury against Saint-Étienne earlier this year. La Liga does a better job to protect big name players.

I hope Messi take this into account and don´t choose PSG as his destination. :)

It´s an unfortunate play but Mendes will probably have to say goodbye to any chance of being called for our NT if this is serious.

FT Nice 1 - 4 Lyon

Lyon´s midfield is amazing. So much talent. Depay is playing at a really high level, I hope Lyon can keep him for the rest of the season, because they have a chance to win Ligue 1. Also, Tino Kadewere´s been a great find for OL. 

Another really good performance from Paquetá. Love to watch him play. :x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yep 🙄 As I said in the LMS thread, Lyon were robbed.

Nice goal for Metz though. Lovely play and pass by Boulaya.

Yep the goal was good. That VAR offside decision for Aouar was a joke. No interference with the play in my mind. 

Having said that, Lyon had so many chances to put the game to bed before that. Kadewere and Toko-Ekambi were wasteful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived