talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ligue 1 2020/21

What a match that was. Lille 2-0 down away at Lyon and come back to win 3-2. Massive result for Lille, keeping them top of the league with 4 matches left. Yilmaz is such a good big game player. When he went through one on one with Lopes for the winner there was no doubt, he wasn't missing that.

I really enjoy watching Lille, they have a really well constructed squad, so much quality. Four matches left and it's in their hands, I really hope they do it.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

A weekend of some really interesting performances and results. Lyon really put the boot into Monaco's title chances, which are if I'm honest pretty much done now. The way they rebounded after the Lille defeat against a team generally mean as fook, I had this pegged as a 0-0 to be honest. I honestly still think PSG will win it and I think Lens, who also have to play Monaco on the final day, are the deciding factor here. Lens have been a real surprise this season and if I were a betting man I'd be going for Lens to pinch at least a point against Lille. Of course it'll be a 5-0 demolition now. If PSG get knocked out of the CL I'd wager it even more likely they'll pinch the league. 

• Administrator

Also that Marseille performance against Strasbourg. Get fucked.

Our defence is fucking rubbish. 43 goals conceded this season and only 50 scored. It's only because the quality below is so poor we can be this shit and be in 6th place! 

• Subscriber

PSG will blatantly nick it won't they. Like you said I think that's Monaco's bid dead now, consecutive weeks where the late Sunday game has claimed one of the challengers.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Burak Yilmaz, what a man.

Lille just have to beat Saint-Étienne at home and Angers away and they've won the league. 

35 years old, one hell of a story

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's removed virtually all common sense from the game. I yearn for the day we can look back on this stupid era.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Is this gonna be the third time that PSG haven't won the league since their new owners?

I think Lille will take 4 point from their last two games and win it by a point. 

• Administrator

Ligue 1 goes down to the final day :o. For the title race, European spots and relegation battle

Title Race:
image.png

Lille just need to match PSG's result next weekend.
Monaco need to win and hope the other 2 lose...

Angers vs Lille
Brest vs PSG
Lens vs Monaco

Other European places:
image.png

Monaco need to match Lyon's result.
Lyon need to draw and hope Monaco lose, or win and hope Monaco only draw/lose.
Marseille already qualified for EL Group Stage.
Lens need to match Rennes' result to qualify for Europa Conference League
Rennes need to draw and hope Lens lose, or win and hope Lens draw/lose.

Lens vs Monaco
Lyon vs Nice
Rennes vs Nimes

Relegation (Play-off)
image.png
Nantes need to draw and hope that one of Strasbourg/Brest/Lorient lose
Those 3 need to hope Nantes lose, or one of them win and they are safe.
A draw will most likely be enough for Reims & Bordeaux. If one of them wins, it puts the other at more danger if Strasbourg/Lorient/Brest draw and Nantes win...

Reims vs Bordeaux
Strasbourg vs Lorient

Brest vs PSG
Nantes vs Montpellier

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Congratulations to LOSC. Well deserved. 

@Stan Nantes aren't relegated (yet). They'll play Toulouse in a relegation/promotion playoff.

Yep realised after I'd posted it was a play-off but cba to edit it xD 

The fight for the final CL place was interesting too. Monaco were a point ahead of Lyon, and drew 0-0 at Lens, but Lyon didn't take advantage of that, losing 3-2 at home against Nice despite going ahead twice.

A fitting way for Rudi Garcia to say goodbye. I really hope they get a good manager who actually tries to play good football and will trust their youth. Lyon have so much talent, and it's been wasted with Rudi in charge.

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived