• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Premier League 2020/21 - General Chat

Recommended Posts

That's not too bad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Eco said:

Welcome @Lucas and hopefully @Danny

But not you. Get out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

But not you. Get out. 

200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Might just mean their season gets cramped up elsewhere further down the line. But I don't see any other alternative to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Might just mean their season gets cramped up elsewhere further down the line. But I don't see any other alternative to be honest. 

I'm sure the TV scheduling will have teams playing midweek games when the CL/EL takes its break. Surely the PL will realize that at some point to make up for all the lost time they are going to have to use the breaks to play these games out. I also think with International friendlies probably taking a back seat for a bit we'll start to see more games fill those slots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea when the fixtures are out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2020 at 17:53, Dan said:

Any idea when the fixtures are out?

Whilst keen to see them, it's definitely lost that bit of excitement for the new season knowing you can't work out what you can and can't go to.

TV is going to butcher it anyway I'd have thought so. They usually have time to pick the games they want and announce those fixtures about a month after but given the short turnaround, the first month or so's games have to be immediately worked out I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Whilst keen to see them, it's definitely lost that bit of excitement for the new season knowing you can't work out what you can and can't go to.

TV is going to butcher it anyway I'd have thought so. They usually have time to pick the games they want and announce those fixtures about a month after but given the short turnaround, the first month or so's games have to be immediately worked out I think.

Cor look at you getting involved in Premier League chat like a pro :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cor look at you getting involved in Premier League chat like a pro :ph34r:

Well I saw a little gap and thought I'd just ease myself into it gently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Whilst keen to see them, it's definitely lost that bit of excitement for the new season knowing you can't work out what you can and can't go to.

TV is going to butcher it anyway I'd have thought so. They usually have time to pick the games they want and announce those fixtures about a month after but given the short turnaround, the first month or so's games have to be immediately worked out I think.

100% it has. To be honest the whole thing feels slightly crap in that sense. I feel like I'm just finding out how to be disappointed.

Don't get me started on the Europa League. The one massive redeeming factor to the way we tailed off last season is that we at least get the Europa League and what good is that if you can't even go? The thought that I'm probably not going to be able to go sickens me a bit to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. What a load of nonsense that was anyway. And the drunks break.

Been up 5mins and we are already helping put the world to rights :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Good. What a load of nonsense that was anyway. And the drunks break.

Been up 5mins and we are already helping put the world to rights :ph34r:

What exactly was the drunks break anyway? Can't recall seeing it. :8_laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Glad for this. 

 

Good, hopefully the water breaks go with. Also votes to bring in a “rule” which encourages the on field ref to look at the monitor themselves if a decision is going to VAR. Which hopefully is the first step in ironing out issues that we should never have had in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

What exactly was the drunks break anyway? Can't recall seeing it. :8_laughing:

Basically each player had a minute to neck as many jaeger's as possible and see who could make it to the whistle without chundering.

Or it should have been anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Leeds xD

@Bluebird Hewitt talks about a Fulham wankfest but this is worse xD

DEA45992-6082-431D-A3D6-1131497E4920.jpe

 

Just based on betting patterns those odds though aren't they. Just loads of Leeds fans betting on them

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a leaked fixture schedule & it looks like the longest break any club will have this season, until they’re knocked out of cup competitions... is about 5 days.

Spurs’ fixture congestion with Europa League qualifying looks insane. Mourinho’s going to be fuming all season long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seen a leaked fixture schedule & it looks like the longest break any club will have this season, until they’re knocked out of cup competitions... is about 5 days.

Spurs’ fixture congestion with Europa League qualifying looks insane. Mourinho’s going to be fuming all season long

This one?

Yeah, hectic to say the least!!

673E7EF7-D438-41AD-B68B-E09C3BC009C2.png

Gonna be absolutely relentless.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

This one?

Yeah, hectic to say the least!!

673E7EF7-D438-41AD-B68B-E09C3BC009C2.png

Gonna be absolutely relentless.

 

Yeah that’s the one.

I mean, it’s good for us because that’s a lot of football that we care about. Absolutely brutal on these players though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may, or may not be correct but apparently when they launched the official FPL game yesterday, they had the opening fixtures attached to players for 5mins till they realised and took them down.

20200816_125304.thumb.jpg.b7c5b95c4f7a28b15df611d743b799a0.jpg

If that is right, it's Newcastle home for us.

Hello @Harvsky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This may, or may not be correct but apparently when they launched the official FPL game yesterday, they had the opening fixtures attached to players for 5mins till they realised and took them down.

20200816_125304.thumb.jpg.b7c5b95c4f7a28b15df611d743b799a0.jpg

If that is right, it's Newcastle home for us.

Hello @Harvsky...

Wolves at home again if that's the case. Had the same this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

This may, or may not be correct but apparently when they launched the official FPL game yesterday, they had the opening fixtures attached to players for 5mins till they realised and took them down.

20200816_125304.thumb.jpg.b7c5b95c4f7a28b15df611d743b799a0.jpg

If that is right, it's Newcastle home for us.

Hello @Harvsky...

Lucky you :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West Brom away
Burnley home
Man City away 

 

First 3 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement