• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 - General Chat

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
21 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Might just mean their season gets cramped up elsewhere further down the line. But I don't see any other alternative to be honest. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Might just mean their season gets cramped up elsewhere further down the line. But I don't see any other alternative to be honest. 

I'm sure the TV scheduling will have teams playing midweek games when the CL/EL takes its break. Surely the PL will realize that at some point to make up for all the lost time they are going to have to use the breaks to play these games out. I also think with International friendlies probably taking a back seat for a bit we'll start to see more games fill those slots.

On 01/08/2020 at 17:53, Dan said:

Any idea when the fixtures are out?

Whilst keen to see them, it's definitely lost that bit of excitement for the new season knowing you can't work out what you can and can't go to.

TV is going to butcher it anyway I'd have thought so. They usually have time to pick the games they want and announce those fixtures about a month after but given the short turnaround, the first month or so's games have to be immediately worked out I think.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Whilst keen to see them, it's definitely lost that bit of excitement for the new season knowing you can't work out what you can and can't go to.

TV is going to butcher it anyway I'd have thought so. They usually have time to pick the games they want and announce those fixtures about a month after but given the short turnaround, the first month or so's games have to be immediately worked out I think.

Cor look at you getting involved in Premier League chat like a pro :ph34r:

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

100% it has. To be honest the whole thing feels slightly crap in that sense. I feel like I'm just finding out how to be disappointed.

Don't get me started on the Europa League. The one massive redeeming factor to the way we tailed off last season is that we at least get the Europa League and what good is that if you can't even go? The thought that I'm probably not going to be able to go sickens me a bit to be honest.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Good. What a load of nonsense that was anyway. And the drunks break.

Been up 5mins and we are already helping put the world to rights :ph34r:

What exactly was the drunks break anyway? Can't recall seeing it. :8_laughing:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Glad for this. 

Good, hopefully the water breaks go with. Also votes to bring in a “rule” which encourages the on field ref to look at the monitor themselves if a decision is going to VAR. Which hopefully is the first step in ironing out issues that we should never have had in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

What exactly was the drunks break anyway? Can't recall seeing it. :8_laughing:

Basically each player had a minute to neck as many jaeger's as possible and see who could make it to the whistle without chundering.

Or it should have been anyway.

Seen a leaked fixture schedule & it looks like the longest break any club will have this season, until they’re knocked out of cup competitions... is about 5 days.

Spurs’ fixture congestion with Europa League qualifying looks insane. Mourinho’s going to be fuming all season long

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seen a leaked fixture schedule & it looks like the longest break any club will have this season, until they’re knocked out of cup competitions... is about 5 days.

Spurs’ fixture congestion with Europa League qualifying looks insane. Mourinho’s going to be fuming all season long

This one?

Yeah, hectic to say the least!!

673E7EF7-D438-41AD-B68B-E09C3BC009C2.png

Gonna be absolutely relentless.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

This one?

Yeah, hectic to say the least!!

673E7EF7-D438-41AD-B68B-E09C3BC009C2.png

Gonna be absolutely relentless.

Yeah that’s the one.

I mean, it’s good for us because that’s a lot of football that we care about. Absolutely brutal on these players though.

This may, or may not be correct but apparently when they launched the official FPL game yesterday, they had the opening fixtures attached to players for 5mins till they realised and took them down.

20200816_125304.thumb.jpg.b7c5b95c4f7a28b15df611d743b799a0.jpg

If that is right, it's Newcastle home for us.

Hello @Harvsky...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived