talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 - General Chat

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This may, or may not be correct but apparently when they launched the official FPL game yesterday, they had the opening fixtures attached to players for 5mins till they realised and took them down.

20200816_125304.thumb.jpg.b7c5b95c4f7a28b15df611d743b799a0.jpg

If that is right, it's Newcastle home for us.

Hello @Harvsky...

Wolves at home again if that's the case. Had the same this season.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

This may, or may not be correct but apparently when they launched the official FPL game yesterday, they had the opening fixtures attached to players for 5mins till they realised and took them down.

20200816_125304.thumb.jpg.b7c5b95c4f7a28b15df611d743b799a0.jpg

If that is right, it's Newcastle home for us.

Hello @Harvsky...

Lucky you :ph34r:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Are there any specific rules written or unwritten in drawing these fixtures or they are just randomly decided? 

Randomly decided by a computer generator. However that computer programme/software has the 'rules' in them for fixture clashes to be avoided. Like Arsenal & Spurs won't play at home on same day, same as Liverpool/Everton, Man Utd/Man City etc. Also takes in to account important dates in other leagues and even sports where possible to avoid large crowds gathering and public transport getting rammed.   

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's not random at all, it's decided largely by TV interests. No consideration for the matchgoing fan at all, that's why you had fixtures like Newcastle V Portsmouth on a Monday night.

It's random before the TV companies get involved though? Newcastle vs Portsmouth wasn't scheduled for a Monday before Sky had their say. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's random before the TV companies get involved though? Newcastle vs Portsmouth wasn't scheduled for a Monday before Sky had their say. 

That was an egregious example but the amount of times Manchester/North London/Merseyside derbies are on the same weekend isn't a coincidence. 

Should all be 3pm Saturday kick offs, no tv games. Just MOTD.

Tough start away at Spurs for Everton but apart from that they have a decent first handful of games, 5 of their first seven were bottom half last season or promotion sides. They really need a good start, something to give the season impetus. It seems Everton just continually start slow, go through a period of alright form, then end badly. Crucial for Ancelotti.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

That was an egregious example but the amount of times Manchester/North London/Merseyside derbies are on the same weekend isn't a coincidence. 

Should all be 3pm Saturday kick offs, no tv games. Just MOTD.

I agree. 

This season seems to have avoided those derby 'clashes' this time around. 

Home to Leeds. Class. Can not wait, what a game that is. 

Difficult first few weeks for us, but I’m confident we can take most of them points on offer. The Chelsea away second game could work well for us, hopefully their new players haven’t immediately clicked by then. 

• Administrator

Villa have Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs & Chelsea as part of their final 8 fixtures.

Fulham have Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Utd in their final 8. 

On 20/08/2020 at 09:27, Azeem said:

Are there any specific rules written or unwritten in drawing these fixtures or they are just randomly decided? 

Only for Manchester United.... along with the extra penalties that must be given once per game they also have to have 4 easy fixtures at the end of the season preferably at home... 

In other news I understand that 19 Premier League clubs have been granted permission to make the walls surrounding their training grounds 20 feet higher as a result of Leeds coming up.. 

• Subscriber

The consistency we get a hard finish is absolutely ridiculous. I think that's something like 6 seasons running we've had at least two of the 'big 6' in our last three games.

We do however have a very favourable start. West Brom (a), Burnley (h), Man City (a), West Ham (h) & Aston Villa (h) before we even kick off the Europa League. We simply have to start well - I want 10 minimum from that.

Gutted with our first game. One of my favourite away games, possibly my very favourite, on the opening day and nobody can go. Would've been a great one that. It's typical.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived