talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2020/21 - General Chat

• Subscriber
On 20/08/2020 at 09:34, The Artful Dodger said:

It's not random at all, it's decided largely by TV interests. No consideration for the matchgoing fan at all, that's why you had fixtures like Newcastle V Portsmouth on a Monday night.

I think you're both right. It is random but I think the computer has more rules in it than people realise. There is no way for example they draw out this many 'derby weekends' by chance, or always avoid them on the opening day etc...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
40 minutes ago, Dan said:

Recommend you check 16th January xD

Haha fair enough. That's their Super Sunday sorted. One gameweek in a whole season isn't bad going though! 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Are all the games at the start of the season going to be televised or have I got it wrong and they aren't?

Lots of talk that they aren't. Not liking what I'm hearing. I did think what was being done last season was a bit unsustainable but at the same time I find it absolutely disgraceful that somebody could live 300 yards away from our ground and be unable to watch our game while someone 12,000 miles away can. We get a dreadful deal.

On 21/08/2020 at 22:49, Dan said:

Lots of talk that they aren't. Not liking what I'm hearing. I did think what was being done last season was a bit unsustainable but at the same time I find it absolutely disgraceful that somebody could live 300 yards away from our ground and be unable to watch our game while someone 12,000 miles away can. We get a dreadful deal.

Are the EPL clubs not offering any PPV for games that aren't on television? 

In Scotland, all season ticket holders have access to all home games via streaming, and anyone else can order the game for anything between £10-20, depending on the club.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Are the EPL clubs not offering any PPV for games that aren't on television? 

In Scotland, all season ticket holders have access to all home games via streaming, and anyone else can order the game for anything between £10-20, depending on the club.

Nope. Not yet. At the moment they seem pretty insistent on not going back to that PPV or free-to-air like they did for the restart.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

So if a game isn't on Sky / BT Sport, no one can watch it?

Yep.  That's how it stands.

Our supporters group, along with Spurs' and perhaps other clubs, had a meeting with the Premier League to discuss it and come to a solution but 'discussions are ongoing' apparently...

It's ridiculous. All games should be televised until fans can get back into the stadiums. Having the majority of games not televised and have to rely on MOTD for a few highlights is massively shite.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

It's ridiculous. All games should be televised until fans can get back into the stadiums. Having the majority of games not televised and have to rely on MOTD for a few highlights is massively shite.

The good old days, some might say.

I remember the days of not BBC News presenters saying 'if you don't want to know the scores, look away now!' 

Virtually impossible to not find out the scores before MOTD these days!

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

The good old days, some might say.

I remember the days of not BBC News presenters saying 'if you don't want to know the scores, look away now!' 

Virtually impossible to not find out the scores before MOTD these days!

Times have changed from those days though. Everything is more connected and with a phone you have all the information right in front of your face. Cant be bringing back dark age ideas. It was good for them in the day, but not now.

• Administrator
Just now, Rick said:

Times have changed from those days though. Everything is more connected and with a phone you have all the information right in front of your face. Cant be bringing back dark age ideas. It was good for them in the day, but not now.

I know :D 

I think they should be offering season ticket holders at least a stream of every game. Having said that, I think most people these days will be able to access a stream. I stream every game so doesn't really affect me but can imagine it will those who won't be aware of streams being so easily accessible

• Subscriber

I agree that people will try and stream it, however, it's illegal - the fact that people are having to resort to doing something illegal is piss poor in itself although I hope plenty continue to do it. It's the two fingers up at them they deserve.

Fans are the last priority for the Premier League. They epitomise the shoddy ownership of most clubs. Too blind to see the simple infront of them without someone needing to point it out. The tv companies have more power over the organisation than the fans. Money buys power.

We are seeing Sky, BT and Amazon allegedly block more games from being shown on TV. We've already seen BeIN sport allegedly block the Newcastle takeover.

• Administrator

First games announced by Sky 

Sat 12 Sep: Liverpool vs Leeds Utd - 5.30pm

Sun 13 Sep: West Brom vs Leicester City - 2pm

Sun 13 Sep: Tottenham vs Everton - 4.30pm

Mon 14 Sep: Brighton vs Chelsea - 8pm

Sat 19 Sep: Man Utd vs Crystal Palace - 5.30pm

Sun 20 Sep: Arsenal vs West Ham Utd - 2pm

Sun 20 Sep: Chelsea vs Liverpool - 4.30pm

Mon 21 Sep: Wolves vs Man City - 8pm

Sat 26 Sep: West Brom vs Chelsea - 5.30pm

Sun 27 Sep: Fulham vs Aston Villa - 2pm

Sun 27 Sep: Man City vs Leicester City - 4.30pm

Mon 28 Sep: Liverpool vs Arsenal - 8pm

Seeing Leeds back in the league gives me such a rush of nostalgia. And then I remember that’s our first match.

I missed them and their bastard fans. Can’t wait to see them back, hope they very comfortably avoid the drop but I’ll settle with them scraping by if necessary.

Still hope we get 6 points from them but I’m so glad they’re back.

It seems Sky, BT and the Premier League think they can get away with not televising all games by making sure every game of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea is on.

They've had the cheek to tell supporters of other clubs to tune into the radio.

12 days to go and funnily enough it looks like Newcastle fans will have to watch the game on illegal streams of BeIN sports.

Sort it out ffs.

On 23/08/2020 at 17:21, Rick said:

On 24/08/2020 at 01:02, Dan said:

I agree that people will try and stream it, however, it's illegal - the fact that people are having to resort to doing something illegal is piss poor in itself although I hope plenty continue to do it. It's the two fingers up at them they deserve.

52 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

It seems Sky, BT and the Premier League think they can get away with not televising all games by making sure every game of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea is on.

They've had the cheek to tell supporters of other clubs to tune into the radio.

12 days to go and funnily enough it looks like Newcastle fans will have to watch the game on illegal streams of BeIN sports.

Sort it out ffs.

Pretty piss poor that especially under the current circumstances... 

The very least they could do is offer free viewing to season ticket holders and a low cost version to all other fans... having said that I am not sure what the situation will be regarding season tickets???

Can't see fans forking out shitloads when they can't even get to go see the games but either way with a lack of games being available to watch live even for a small charge and loss of ticket sales that's a lot of potential revenue they are missing out on... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Pretty piss poor that especially under the current circumstances... 

The very least they could do is offer free viewing to season ticket holders and a low cost version to all other fans... having said that I am not sure what the situation will be regarding season tickets???

Can't see fans forking out shitloads when they can't even get to go see the games but either way with a lack of games being available to watch live even for a small charge and loss of ticket sales that's a lot of potential revenue they are missing out on... 

Mike Ashley has been taking direct debits for 2020/21 season tickets since March. As compensation for games they can't go to season ticket holders will get credit of the equivalent value which can be used on cup games.

From this season and last that'll be at least 20 games. Given that each year there is let's say a 50/50 chance of being at home in the cup. Two cups. Under Ashley we typically get knocked out in the first round of entry. That means 1 game per year. Cup games are half the price of league games. It will therefore take 40 years to get through your covid cup credit.

:4_joy:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived