• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bradford City AFC

football forum

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Weren’t you a Portsmouth follower before?

Yeah, I follow Pompey in League One. 

I also like Bradford and a host of other teams who I keep up with weekly, Bradford being one of them. 

• Subscriber

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Yeah, I follow Pompey in League One. 

I also like Bradford and a host of other teams who I keep up with weekly, Bradford being one of them. 

I can't keep up! Funnily enough, Bradford is one of the episodes I'm currently planning.

Just now, Pyfish said:

I can't keep up! Funnily enough, Bradford is one of the episodes I'm currently planning.

Ha - it's not that complicated, there are only two teams in England that I follow. Pompey is easily #1, no doubt about it, and then Bradford. 

I love lower league football in England, which is why I visited some obscure stadiums when in England last, but Pompey has always, and will remain my #1 in England. 

On 30/07/2020 at 16:55, Eco said:

Ha - it's not that complicated, there are only two teams in England that I follow. Pompey is easily #1, no doubt about it, and then Bradford. 

I love lower league football in England, which is why I visited some obscure stadiums when in England last, but Pompey has always, and will remain my #1 in England. 

So what about Forest?

23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

So what about Forest?

Pre-season I picked Forest and Leeds to go up, I was just rooting for Forest as I think they'd be a great addition to the EPL compared to some of the more 'yo yo' clubs, plus their history and fans would certainly be a welcomed site along with Leeds. 

I also visited Nottingham and enjoyed my stay there. I'll hope for their promotion against next year, but I don't watch their games (until Pompey were knocked by Oxford and I wanted to see if Forest could make and win the playoffs. 

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Stuart McCall: Bradford City sack manager after six straight defeats

Bradford City has sacked manager Stuart McCall and assistant Kenny Black after six defeats in a row.

Saturday's 3-1 loss at Oldham left them 22nd in League Two and with just one league victory since 17 October.

McCall, 56, was in his third spell as boss after taking over in February.

"This decision was not taken lightly, and we have done everything in our power to support them during their time at the club," Bradford chief executive officer, Ryan Sparks, said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55294324

No surprise. They have been in the doldrums for so long now. They are a little but like the League Two version of Sunderland, no one has quite managed to find the winning formula.

If I was them, I'd perhaps try and go for Danny Cowley. Really good job at Lincoln, got them out that league, sadly for him it just never happened at Huddersfield. Could be ideal.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Bradford City: Mark Trueman and Conor Sellars appointed joint managers

Bradford City have appointed interim bosses Mark Trueman and Conor Sellars as joint managers of the club until the end of the 2021-22 campaign.

The pair initially took charge on a temporary basis in December after former boss Stuart McCall was sacked.

They were appointed interim bosses later that month, having won three and drawn one of their first four games.

"Myself and Conor are delighted, first and foremost, to have been given this opportunity," said 34-year-old Trueman.

"The players have taken to us really well. We have been pleased by how everyone is gelling and are looking forward to keeping that going."

Sellars, 29, added: "Me and Mark have worked incredibly hard so far and have been given a brilliant opportunity by the club, which we are very excited about.

"When we first came in, we were confident in our ability to express our coaching methods. Thankfully, the job we have done so far has been deemed good enough to warrant the permanent appointment."

Before Trueman and Sellars' initial appointment, Bradford had been in a poor run of form, with the Bantams losing six games in a row in the lead-up to McCall's sacking.

Their 3-1 defeat at Oldham on 12 December left them 22nd in League Two, but Trueman and Sellars have since overseen a huge turnaround.

The club have lost just once since they took temporary charge and have taken 24 points from 11 matches, moving them up to 13th in the table and seven points off the play-off places.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56142000

• 9 months later...

Club ownership depresses me massively and this is a prime example of why. Football clubs are community assets and shouldn’t be as easily tradable and shady as these intangible “assets” these particular people have made their money from. 

The premise of “using stats” to outspend everyone else to get to the Premier League should be enough of a red flag to end this bizarre idea before it really kicks off. 

9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Club ownership depresses me massively and this is a prime example of why. Football clubs are community assets and shouldn’t be as easily tradable and shady as these intangible “assets” these particular people have made their money from. 

The premise of “using stats” to outspend everyone else to get to the Premier League should be enough of a red flag to end this bizarre idea before it really kicks off. 

The comments make me grit my teeth. If it was that easy to be the next Brentford or Brighton based on data everybody would be replicating it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The Sun reporting Robbie Fowler in the frame to take over.

In the frame to take over for a job that went last week.

The same pile of trash that said he was favourite to get the job because he was seen in Bradford... doing an appearance that had been booked for a while!

Archived