• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Foreign Music

football forum

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Music from that region always fascinates me because of they way they use a muted bass with percussion particularly a tabla or the following instrument in that vid. When I was younger there was a song I can hum but can't remember the name of but it had an Oud and Bass combination and the use of the two to complement each other way superb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can listen to Pakistan's Coke Studio all day long. I also like all of Nazai Hassan's songs. And from the recent lot, I like Gul Panra.

I usually like music pieces, so Ennio Morricone is a must have. My favorite tracks would be

Gustavo Santaolalla is another musician worth checking out. People might remember his work from Motorcycle Diaries. His album Ronroco is lovely.

Completely forgot i created this thread xD

Off topic but after listening to a lot of foreign music and all the songs posted so far, i might be biased but 'Sub-continental' music is one of the best in the world. The language factor does play its part but still.

Remix of one of the classics Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a significant song in our country ---  the language used, the instruments and the musical arrangement is 100% filipino.

cotabato - a war torn city where Moros are fighting amongst each other for supremacy.     the lyrics basically is telling people that life is facked up in cotabato and the composer is mournful on all the events.      

song was release in the mid-80s.     and up to this day, this song still has some meaning coz cotabato still hasn't attained any form of peace, it'll be 40 years or more of insurgency ......

fack !!!!   just ignore that this was posted today ... just think that it was AFTER the WC ...... hahhahahaa, i went out of character again :P  :P 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived