talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What's The Furthest North, East, South & West You've Been?

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

See if I get it right...

World

Gibraltar, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium Middle-East (Suez Canal, Aden, Port Said), Singapore, Australia and all over the UK.

North would be Germany (Bavaria)
South would be Australia and Singapore but I have been all over the UK and really can't define the difference, I have been to the Northern tip of Scotland, Wick to the bottom of the UK, Southampton yet lived in Southend-on-Sea off and on over the years and I think that would be South East? then I have been to Wales which would be North or further still, Belfast in NI.

Which is further South, Gran Canaria or Tunisia?

Also the Canaries would be further west than Ireland, wouldn't they? It would probably be Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria for furthest west and Maspalomas for furthest south, unless Sousse, Tunisia is further South.

As for East, Athens, Greece? and North would be Balgowan, Scotland.

But it's embarrassing either way when @Eco has posted in here 😂.

I feel like I'm winning this thread at the moment.

Iqaluit is right on the border with the Arctic Circle. Though anyone posting Finnish, Icelandic or Norwegian places might have a say to that.

Bariloche is by far the southernmost point mentioned so far. Lovely place, my first memories with snow were there.

Hawaii is on the border of the international date line.

New Zealand is very close to the west side of the International Date line.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Let me have this one! xD

It's weird you try to 'win' everything tbqh. 

It's just a conversation about where people go xD

North - Edinburgh 

East - Malaysia

South - South Africa 

West - LA. 

What do I win? 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

It's weird you try to 'win' everything tbqh. 

It's just a conversation about where people go xD

North - Edinburgh 

East - Malaysia

South - South Africa 

West - LA. 

What do I win? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5432076

• The title was changed to The Furthest You've Been - North, South, East & West
  • The title was changed to What's The Furthest North, East, South & West You've Been?
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Very disappointed in the English posters failing to get past Edinburgh / Glasgow whilst going north...

Been through Dundee, Aberdeen etc working my way up to Wick, beautiful countryside, sea views then travelled from Glasgow with the wife and then kids to the Isle of Bute on holiday, you haven't really seen Scotland unless you travel around as the wife's uncle's once said. 

25 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Very disappointed in the English posters failing to get past Edinburgh / Glasgow whilst going north...

I’ve only been as far north in Scotland as Inverness after a trip to Loch Ness and Drumnadrochit. 15 miles makes a big difference in the landscape xD

9 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

See if I get it right...

World

Gibraltar, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium Middle-East (Suez Canal, Aden, Port Said), Singapore, Australia and all over the UK.

North would be Germany (Bavaria)
South would be Australia and Singapore but I have been all over the UK and really can't define the difference, I have been to the Northern tip of Scotland, Wick to the bottom of the UK, Southampton yet lived in Southend-on-Sea off and on over the years and I think that would be South East? then I have been to Wales which would be North or further still, Belfast in NI.

You're aware the UK is north of Germany? Thought you said you've been in Dortmund, which is considerably north of Bavaria?

North: Gothenburg

East: Byron Bay (Australia)

South: Keetmannshoop (Namibia)

West: Dublin

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Furthest north I've been is the Shetlands! Been to plenty of places all over Scotland for football, including Aberdeen, Arbroath and of all places Inverurie Locos up your way. Do love it up there and can't wait to get back to a few more post-Covid. Do think a lot of people are missing a trick when they think of Scotland, more to it than just the Highlands and Edinburgh.

My pitiful attempts anyway:

North - Shetland Islands, north of Scotland

East - Milan, Italy

South - Barcelon, Spain

West - Tralee, Ireland

That was meant to be a bit more impressive but the past few months have put paid to any decent plans for now.

10 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I'm surprised at the lack of America's in here. Seems the westernmost people have gone here is Ireland or the UK! Would have expected more people to have been at least to the US.

It's not exactly cheap to fly over the pond. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mpache said:

I'm surprised at the lack of America's in here. Seems the westernmost people have gone here is Ireland or the UK! Would have expected more people to have been at least to the US.

4 people have mentioned American places :what:

Archived