Harvey Barnes - Leicester > Liverpool?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
22 minutes ago, Danny said:

Such a wasteful striker

He's not a striker.

But yes he has been wasteful. Look at his time at West Brom though and you see he has the quality. Has time to improve and get better though. First full season in PL and he's got 6 goals (could have been double-digits had he been better). Wouldn't surprise me if he gets more next season. He's a better creator than scorer right now.

• Subscriber

Brewster is doing well at Swansea and I think Klopp would want to bring him back and try reintegrating him in the current squad. Not to say that Barnes isn't someone to watch out for but we have a player in that position who is young and has done very well with the team they were out on loan for (10goals in 20games) so I can't see why we shouldn't recall him instead of getting someone else. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

He's not a striker.

But yes he has been wasteful. Look at his time at West Brom though and you see he has the quality. Has time to improve and get better though. First full season in PL and he's got 6 goals (could have been double-digits had he been better). Wouldn't surprise me if he gets more next season. He's a better creator than scorer right now.

Really? Fair play seemed like a wide-forward

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Really? Fair play seemed like a wide-forward

More the standard attacking-midfielder as opposed to any further forward. Good thing being that he's shown he can play as a central attacking midfielder or wide left. 

I saw this rumour yesterday... personally, I'd be against this signing. I don't think he'd be any better than Shaqiri as squad depth. And he'd be expensive coming from Leicester. I think he's got potential... but he's not at a level where he'd really be a big contributor with us.

• Subscriber

He's very frustrating. He is good, I love his directness, but his finishing has been consistently woeful, I'm convinced he should have about 13-15 goals this season and I think he has 6.

He's one to persist with but I don't see this, at all.

• The topic was locked

Archived