talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Partey - Arsenal Sign Atletico Midfielder

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Yep, Arsenal has just triggered Aouar´s release clause and he´s on his way to London to become a gunner. :27_sunglasses:

Didn't he say he was staying at Lyon?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For starters it is a buy-out clause not a release clause and for seconds it is Spanish practise for every contract to have one to avoid arbitration in the court of law. Up until 2016 they were subject to around 50% tax but it was dropped to 0% because it was considered 'personal income' because only the contract holder can 'buy out' their contract, not the purchasing club. So what the purchasing club would do is loan the player the money and they themselves would buy-out the contract. Technically unless there was some binding agreement between the player and the purchasing club, the player could very well not sign for the purchasing club because his contract has been bought out making them a free agent.

So before 2016 that buy-out clause that cost Real Madrid 62 million Euros for Figo was closer to 90 million. Amusingly, Bayern paid more than the buy-out to Bacelona for Thiago just to simply avoid the legal and tax ramifications of it.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, shut up said:

Lo Celso has done fuck all since signing for you. looks very ordinary. surprised he's gotten away with it.

Ndombele flopping has taken the attention away from him, i think

xDxDxD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Is there enough time?

As long as the 'deal sheet' has been submitted to PL before 11pm then yes.

Apparently Arsenal paid the release clause to La Liga 32mins before their deadline required.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

As long as the 'deal sheet' has been submitted to PL before 11pm then yes.

Apparently Arsenal paid the release clause to La Liga 32mins before their deadline required.

Not how it works. It's a buy-out clause and Partey has to pay it. Even if his contract is terminated he still has to sign for Arsenal.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not how it works. It's a buy-out clause and Partey has to pay it. Even if his contract is terminated he still has to sign for Arsenal.

Might want to tell Atletico then.

Just now, Stan said:

Might want to tell Atletico then.

It literally says buy-out on the top tweet, ya melt. xD I explained how they work earlier. A buy-out results in the termination of the contract by the player (it happens by the club loaning the player the money), a release-clause allows a club to enter in negotiations with a player when the fee is met.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

It literally says buy-out on the top tweet, ya melt. xD I explained how they work earlier. A buy-out results in the termination of the contract by the player (it happens by the club loaning the player the money), a release-clause allows a club to enter in negotiations with a player when the fee is met.

Tomato tomato.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not really, because after the buy-out is accepted the player is without a contract, when a release clause is triggered the club still owns the player.

Potato potato.

• The title was changed to Thomas Partey - Arsenal Sign Atletico Midfielder
1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Arsenal is getting a complete midfielder, one of the best in the world. With Thomas in the mdfield and with the return of Martinelli, I feel like Arsenal has a fairly decent shot at top 4 this season.

On the other side of things, Simeone has every right to be angry. If you´re gonna pay the release clause why wait until the last day of the transfer window? Especially since Atlético is not even a rival, Arsenal gains nothing from weakening Atleti. On the contrary, it might dificultate negotiations in the future, not only with Atlético but with other spanish clubs, since Tebas is really protective of La Liga clubs in the transfer market. 

We were after Partey all summer. We also loaned out Torreira to them as a replacement before this deal (for some reason Arteta isn't a fan of his). If they're shocked by this move they're incredibly stupid.

8 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Arsenal is getting a complete midfielder, one of the best in the world. With Thomas in the mdfield and with the return of Martinelli, I feel like Arsenal has a fairly decent shot at top 4 this season.

On the other side of things, Simeone has every right to be angry. If you´re gonna pay the release clause why wait until the last day of the transfer window? Especially since Atlético is not even a rival, Arsenal gains nothing from weakening Atleti. On the contrary, it might dificultate negotiations in the future, not only with Atlético but with other spanish clubs, since Tebas is really protective of La Liga clubs in the transfer market. 

Nothing unusual for Arsenal, they did exactly the same with Lucas Perez a few years back, leaving Deportivo in a pickle, where they were then relegated in the end as they were left without their key man in the dying seconds of the window.

I don't understand why they wouldn't inform the club, it's common courtesy isn't it? I know they're going for the accolade of 'most Tory club in England' but no need to be rude.

Expectation on Arteta seems to have been minimal so far but I think outside top 4 would be a disappointment for them now.

Yeah, as much as I like Atletico being left in the lurch cause they are cunts, it is massively unprofessional from Arsenal. Why did they not inform them? It’s not like Atletico could do anything about it either way. Safe to say they won’t be buying Torreira after this loan deal ends. 

Arsenal playing hardball. I like it. 

Surely Atletico were not that naive to realise what Arsenal could potentially do, or any other club for that matter?

They were in a vulnerable position. If they were that desperate to keep him or avoid this happening, perhaps they should have tried to renegotiate a deal with the player the whole time they kept saying no to Arsenal in the first place.

If the buck was on the other foot, I've no doubt there are plenty clubs who'd have tried the same tactic to get what they wanted so bad.

It's actually interesting to see Arsenal become so cut throat especially after sacking the mascot. They are not here to be liked, it's zero fucks given and all about hard business.

Not saying I agree with everything they have done post Covid but this transfer shows they aren't a soft touch anymore to me.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Arsenal playing hardball. I like it. 

Surely Atletico were not that naive to realise what Arsenal could potentially do, or any other club for that matter?

They were in a vulnerable position. If they were that desperate to keep him or avoid this happening, perhaps they should have tried to renegotiate a deal with the player the whole time they kept saying no to Arsenal in the first place.

If the buck was on the other foot, I've no doubt there are plenty clubs who'd have tried the same tactic to get what they wanted so bad.

It's actually interesting to see Arsenal become so cut throat especially after sacking the mascot. They are not here to be liked, it's zero fucks given and all about hard business.

Not saying I agree with everything they have done post Covid but this transfer shows they aren't a soft touch anymore to me.

Are you Margaret Thatcher? Fuck's sake, talking about sacking an employee as 'hard business'.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Are you Margaret Thatcher? Fuck's sake, talking about sacking an employee as 'hard business'.

"Not saying I agree with everything they have done post Covid..."

Meaning, I do not agree with that, nor the sacking of staff. But I am intruiged why they have taken such a hard nosed approach

Drop the Tory political agenda for once, it's becoming boring seeing it crop up in so many threads on here by one individual.

6 hours ago, Rick said:

Yeah, as much as I like Atletico being left in the lurch cause they are cunts, it is massively unprofessional from Arsenal. Why did they not inform them? It’s not like Atletico could do anything about it either way. Safe to say they won’t be buying Torreira after this loan deal ends. 

You don't actually have to inform the club as release clauses are all done through La Liga which is what I didn't know. Still probably would've been a bit more professional to inform them, Thomas himself didn't either. 

My only guess is this has to do with the Torreira deal. It's all hearsay but we apparently had an agreement with a couple of Italian clubs for a loan with an obligation to buy. Atletico came in for him and Torreira only would agree to go there and they refused to put in a obligation to buy in the loan. I do believe we tried to do a deal involving Torreira but they were adament in wanting the release clause only. 

Archived