E Bournemouth

Some laughable shouts there.

What's yours?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Nicholas needs to stay off the crack.... 

He needs to do more 'sitting there thinking'. Or maybe he did too much? 

A+ Defied all odds and expectation. Liverpool
A. Over performed vs realistic expectation. Chelsea, Manchester united, Sheffield.
B. Did as well as could be expected. Successful season. Wolves, Burnley, Newcastle,  Leicester (B- because of lack of bottle at the end)
C. 3.6 roentgen, not great not terrible. Manchester city,  Crystal Palace, Southampton, Brighton.
D. All a bit shit really, not one to remember. West ham, Everton, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Arsenal (D-) Norwitch (D-)
F. A complete failure. Watford. Bournemouth 

40 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

@Harvsky do you think Newcastle had a successful campaign considering everything going on around the club? I figure staying at spot 13 isn't bad after sacking Rafa and putting Bruce in charge. 

We did OK. Bruce's own words.

Anyone using the word success wants their head checking..

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I don't know what the initial thoughts around the club were when Bruce was signed on but surely he did bring in some players that might have something to do with you'll staying up this season. I guess it really remains to be seen if he can have the same impact next season and take you'll further up the chain (if thats possible) and whether he'll be around if the ownership changes (I dont think so). 

44 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Success is relative. You could have signed Pep Guardiola and Messi as a package deal and still wouldn't have bothered the top 4. Instead you got Steve Bruce and Almiron. You'll miss this season when you're 16th at Christmas with a caretaker manager already at the helm

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Success is relative. You could have signed Pep Guardiola and Messi as a package deal and still wouldn't have bothered the top 4. Instead you got Steve Bruce and Almiron. You'll miss this season when you're 16th at Christmas with a caretaker manager already at the helm

Relative to your opinion of Bruce. People calling this season a success lowered their own expectations simply because Steve Bruce was manager and with that they expected rock bottom.

The thought was simply one of two things...

Either one, that Bruce is so bad that one of the better defences in the league that spent £55m on attackers wouldn't stand a chance of survival because Bruce is so bad he'd negate that. 

Or two, the assumption that he was inheriting absolute crap that would fall apart without Rafa.

To call this season a success is to double down on ones own judgment 12 months ago.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I don't know what the initial thoughts around the club were when Bruce was signed on but surely he did bring in some players that might have something to do with you'll staying up this season. I guess it really remains to be seen if he can have the same impact next season and take you'll further up the chain (if thats possible) and whether he'll be around if the ownership changes (I dont think so). 

Bruce isn't involved in transfers, one of the reasons Rafa walked/was driven out. Joelinton is the worst signing in the clubs history and one of if not the worst Premier League signing for years. I personally would sack Steve Nickson, head of recruitment. If managers are sacked because of results then the head of recruitment should be sacked for that shocking decision. Rafa turned down Joelinton, said he wasn't worth it at £30m, as soon as Rafa is gone Steve Nickson gets Joelinton in for £40m ffs.

Joelinton might have taken us down if it wasn't for Allan Saint Maximim.

No other signings made any difference.

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A. Over performed vs realistic expectation. Chelsea, Manchester united, Sheffield.
B. Did as well as could be expected. Successful season. Wolves, Burnley, Newcastle,  Leicester (B- because of lack of bottle at the end)
C. 3.6 roentgen, not great not terrible. Manchester city,  Crystal Palace, Southampton, Brighton.
D. All a bit shit really, not one to remember. West ham, Everton, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Arsenal (D-) Norwitch (D-)
F. A complete failure. Watford. Bournemouth 

Manchester United an A, really? I think they'll come to regret getting top 4 this year, the longer they keep Solskjaer the longer they won't compete for the top trophies. The man has no clue what he's doing.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Manchester United an A, really? I think they'll come to regret getting top 4 this year, the longer they keep Solskjaer the longer they won't compete for the top trophies. The man has no clue what he's doing.

That's neither here nor there when evaluating this season though. I certainly didn't think they'd make top 4. 

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I wouldn't say they defied all odds or even expectation... that I would have reserved for something like Leicester's run to the Title for example but not Liverpool's... I would give them an A+ for the levels of performance they put in this season for sure because they were head and shoulders above the opposition in the end but it was hardly unexpected or even against the odds really... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I wouldn't say they defied all odds or even expectation... that I would have reserved for something like Leicester's run to the Title for example but not Liverpool's... I would give them an A+ for the levels of performance they put in this season for sure because they were head and shoulders above the opposition in the end but it was hardly unexpected or even against the odds really... 

Coming first isn't why I gave them A+. All the records they broke and they damn well could have gone unbeaten if not for a night in Watford. 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

That's neither here nor there when evaluating this season though. I certainly didn't think they'd make top 4. 

It absolutely is. If the exam board has to lower the standards because everyone is so thick it doesn't make you clever. Would any Manchester United fan say this season was an A, really? 

A+ Liverpool

A Sheffield United, Leicester 

A- Wolves, Burnley 

B Chelsea, Man Utd, Southampton

C Newcastle, Brighton, Palace, Man City 

D Tottenham, Everton, Villa

E West Ham, Arsenal

F Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It absolutely is. If the exam board has to lower the standards because everyone is so thick it doesn't make you clever. Would any Manchester United fan say this season was an A, really? 

I’d say we didn’t revise, was predicted a B, but came out with an A. I didn’t think we’d get CL qualification this year. 

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

A+ Liverpool

A Sheffield United, Leicester 

A- Wolves, Burnley 

B Chelsea, Man Utd, Southampton

C Newcastle, Brighton, Palace, Man City 

D Tottenham, Everton, Villa

E West Ham, Arsenal

F Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich

I think this is bang on, agree with pretty much each selection but I'd perhaps mark Arsenal at level with Spurs.

We would have all pretty much predicted Spurs to be 3rd or 4th so their drop was far more alarming to me than Arsenal and given only 3pts between the sides, I would have them the same grade.

• Subscriber

I genuinely dont see how any club apart from maybe Arsenal and Norwich deserve an equal or lower grade than us. 12th for us is every bit as poor as Watford going down or West Ham finishing near the relegation zone. Lower finish in 16 years with one of the top 20 most expensive squads in the world.

Far exceeded expectation - Liverpool, Sheffield United

Exceeded expectation - Burnley, Southampton, Newcastle.

Done as expected - Chelsea, Man United, Leicester, Palace, Brighton, Arsenal, Wolves, Villa. 

Under performed - Man City, Tottenham, Norwich

Massively under performed - Everton, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth

A+ Liverpool

A Sheffield United

B+ Leicester

B Manchester United, Burnley, Wolverhampton

B- Man City

C+ Southampton, Newcastle

C Spurs, Chelsea, Brighton, Palace

C- Arsenal, Villa

D Everton, West Ham

E Watford

F Bournemouth, Norwich

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How do we get a C yet United get a B?

Expected Chelsea to finish closer to 2nd and easily above United. I think Man United fans end the season happier than Chelsea fans do. They were out of the top 4 most of the season, barely hanging on to 6th, so they exceeded expectation based on how the season was going and how shit they looked up until February mainly.

Archived