talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Silva

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Outstanding legendary premier league player. What an impact, he had on the league. So silky and talented. 

Don't forget the classic die cut lines from the medicore commetator.

• 'little magician' (or other profession associated with magic)
  • 'cultured left foot'
  • 'clever little player'
  • 'spanish flair'

• Subscriber

One of my best memories of him was the pass he makes to Edin Dzeko after chesting it when City beat United 6-1/7-1? He was on fire that day and it was nice watching United get a trashing. Pep might be the best manager you'll have had but that team under Mancini was just as exciting to watch imo. 

One of the best foreign exports to grace our shores. World Class.

I think a lot of people originally undervalued how good he was at the beginning, but his talent was there for all to see and he was consistently brilliant.

A true professional too. Has looked after himself well hence why he has managed to still influence games at the age of 34.

I think for foreign players to stay over here for 10 years now is pretty unusual, especially in England. The weather is temperamental, the culture not as relaxed as other places, food etc. But Silva has embraced it all.

You would also have thought with the way Football is played here, the pressure and intensity against Silva's skill and technichal game, might have not been the best match, but he's never been bullied or struggled.

Some memorable goals, some even more memorable assists, I think there was an assist for Aguero v Wigan when he sold two Wigan players down the river with a drag back ran away and played in Aguero,that was him to a tee.

Finally also, nothing but kudos to him for the way he conducted himself during the time his baby was born prematurely. To keepgoing back and forth over to Spain whilst making sure he was back for games and performing at his usual level was astonishing. He never let him affect his game on the pitch and that typified what an ultimate pro he was.

Will be sadly missed.

9 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Remember a goal he scored against Blackpool where he put a couple of their players on their arses, wonderful player. Understated, avoids the limelight, class act.

I had flashbacks of Kinkladze that day, wonderful goal!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived