talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Subscriber

Sheep - Season 8 - The Tube

1367696013_Season8-Banner.thumb.jpg.761d66c1d4eaaff9edd03b820ad8aae3.jpg

We've done a lot of travelling around topics this year and in past seasons but this time we're taking a bit of a deviation from the broader topics and focusing on something a little more closer to home, the Television. Many of us have spent time with this household item but how many of us actually know enough about its history and more importantly its history in the world? Topics will range from TV programming, TV manufacturers, TV-related trivia, industry changing developments, TV shows in the oddest of places and last but not least football on the idiot box. 

If you'd like to participate in this season please let me know, I will tag participants from the last round. If you feel I have missed someone or if you feel like you may know someone who wants to participate please tag them and once they confirm I'll add them to the roster. Apologies in advance if you aren't able to participate but I am tagging you based on prior participation.

@nudge @Azeem @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @Spike @DeadLinesman @Stan @Dr. Gonzo @SchalkeUK @Pyfish @Harry @Storts @Lucas @Machado

The Rules or How does this work?

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

If you'd like to see how previous seasons went please browse this sub-forum and feel free to ask questions.

This season will start on August 14th, 2020 or sooner if we can get enough people. I am looking for 10 or more people to get in but 8 will do too.

P.S. Could I please have an admin pin this to the top of this subforum and unpin the Season 7 threads. Thank you in advance.

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 17/08/2020 at 13:27, Mel81x said:

So far I have 

@Stan @CaaC (John) @nudge @Lucas @Bluewolf @Azeem @DeadLinesman @Storts and @Pyfish

I'll leave this open if you'll want to invite anyone else till end of day and then we get started tonight. 

I look forward to this game @Mel81x, any idea when will you do the next one?  :ay:

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Don't mean to pressure you or anything...but is this still happening? 

Haha it is I just have been a slacker. Will put this back on next week work has been a bit murderous off-late so I take breaks every now and then.

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Don't mean to pressure you or anything...but is this still happening? 

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Haha it is I just have been a slacker. Will put this back on next week work has been a bit murderous off-late so I take breaks every now and then.

Sounds like pressure to me..... and not that I want to add to that but can you hurry the hell up please.. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Firstly, I want to apologize for not getting back to this sooner but ... its back on tomorrow if everyone is still interested and I can have a set of questions out too.

We had

@Stan @CaaC (John) @nudge @Lucas @Bluewolf @Azeem @DeadLinesman @Storts and @Pyfish

as the list of participants. So, if we're still good to go with this list I'll get it setup. If you want to invite more folks please feel free to do so and I'll get the questions out tomorrow to get round 1 started for the five round set. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived