talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Firstly, I want to apologize for not getting back to this sooner but ... its back on tomorrow if everyone is still interested and I can have a set of questions out too.

We had

@Stan @CaaC (John) @nudge @Lucas @Bluewolf @Azeem @DeadLinesman @Storts and @Pyfish

as the list of participants. So, if we're still good to go with this list I'll get it setup. If you want to invite more folks please feel free to do so and I'll get the questions out tomorrow to get round 1 started for the five round set. 

Yes please pal. I'll give it a go!

21 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Count me in, I have missed this, calling regular newbies in @Cazza & @Deco, give it a shot if you want, a good game and you both would enjoy it. :ay:

Cheers pal!

• Subscriber

@Stan @CaaC (John) @nudge @Lucas @Bluewolf @DeadLinesman @Pyfish @Deco @Robbie @Dr. Gonzo @JOSHBRFC

Round 1 is underway. As a refresher for newcomers I am reposting the rules here. Should be a fairly easy round with some slight tough questions thrown in the mix as well. 

The Rules or How does this work?

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

Sheep - Season 8 - The Tube - Round 1 - Tele Tele Television

1. Name a famous Japanese TV maker that is NOT Sony.
  2. Name one of the primary colors used in television displays.
  3. LEDs use how much of their energy to generate light? 80%, 50% or 70%
  4. Which company invented the first Flat-Panel Display which later went into flat-panel Televisions?
  5. In 1983, Walt Disney Productions put together a short film for television. It was called The Simple Things. Name one of the two cartoon characters in it. 
  6. in 1964, the Beatles got their first American appearance on Television on the Ed Sullivan show. Name a song they played that night.
  7. Name a famous SONY TV model that is not BRAVIA (any year will do).
  8. Name a button you generally find on a TV remote but you rarely find on the TV itself.
  9. What was the first horror movie to be made in color and not black and white?
  10. Which of these do you think is the most popular TV resolution worldwide? HD | 4K | Above 4K

Notes/Rules

• For 1st timers, the rules of the game are simple. You want your answers to these questions to match with one other player or more than one other players. E.g. If your answer is "Wookie" and five other people answer the same then you get 6 points for that question. If you do not match with anyone else you're only going to get 1 point. The winner is the person who has the most points after 5 rounds.
  • Please DM me all your answers and don't post them in here.
  • Please feel free to ask questions for clarification purposes and I'll try and answer them as best as I can.
  • Please do not try and discuss answers to questions until the round is over.
  • I will accept spelling mistakes and words that follow a certain theme. If the answers have to be unique I will call them out specifically with the questions
  • There is no such thing as a WRONG ANSWER. Keep in mind that you can type anything you want and if someone else provides the same answer we can all have a laugh while you'll walk away with 2 or more points.

You all have till Wednesday(Nov 25th) to get your answers to me. If they all come in sooner I'll have the results out faster as well and we can move to the next round.

Good luck.

• Subscriber

@Stan @CaaC (John) @nudge @Lucas @Bluewolf @DeadLinesman @Pyfish @Deco @Robbie @Dr. Gonzo @JOSHBRFC @Cazza

It's time for some answers. I intentionally threw a hard one (maybe more) in this mix to try and create some spacing between players and for the most part it achieved its desired result. Deco didn't get his answers in but if you can get the next round in please do you can still be sheepiest of us all.

Sheep - Season 8 - Answers

1. Name a famous Japanese TV maker that is NOT Sony.

Panasonic - 10
JoshBRFC
Caac
Stan
Robbie
Lucas
Pyfish
Nudge
Deadlinesman
Bluewolf
Dr. Gonzo

Bravia - 1
Cazza

• Subscriber

I'll let you'll spot the odd one out here.

2. Name one of the primary colors used in television displays.

Red - 9
JoshBRFC
Caac
Stan
Robbie
Pyfish
Nudge
Cazza
Deadlinesman
Dr. Gonzo

Blue - 1
Bluewolf (Naturally)