talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

4. Which company invented the first Flat-Panel Display which later went into flat-panel Televisions?

Panasonic - 3
Cazza
Deadlinesman
Dr. Gonzo

General Electric - 2
Pyfish
Bluewolf

Westinghouse - 2
Caac
Lucas

Sharp - 1
JoshBRFC

Sony - 1
Stan

HP - 1
Robbie

Aiken - 1
Nudge

• Subscriber

5. In 1983, Walt Disney Productions put together a short film for television. It was called The Simple Things. Name one of the two cartoon characters in it. 

Mickey Mouse - 9
Caac
Stan
Robbie
Lucas
Pyfish
Nudge
Deadlinesman
Dr. Gonzo
JoshBRFC - (Answer: Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Daffy Duck)

Pluto - 2
Cazza
Bluewolf

• Subscriber

6. in 1964, the Beatles got their first American appearance on Television on the Ed Sullivan show. Name a song they played that night.

She Loves You - 7
JoshBRFC
Caac
Stan
Robbie
Lucas
Nudge
Deadlinesman

I Wanna hold your hand - 3
Cazza
Bluewolf
Dr. Gonzo

Till there was you - 1
Pyfish

• Subscriber

7. Name a famous SONY TV model that is not BRAVIA (any year will do). 

Trinitron - 4
Robbie
Lucas
Deadlinesman
Dr. Gonzo

Master Series - 2
Pyfish
Nudge

OLED - 1
JoshBRFC

Sony A8H OLED - 1
Caac

X - 1
Stan

You're Kidding? - 1
Cazza

Sony Crystal LED - 1
Bluewolf

• Subscriber

8. Name a button you generally find on a TV remote but you rarely find on the TV itself.

Mute - 5
Lucas
Nudge
Deadlinesman
Bluewolf
Dr. Gonzo

Youtube - 1
JoshBRFC

Teletex - 1
Caac

Record - 1
Stan

Directional - 1
Robbie

Red - 1
Pyfish

Input - 1
Cazza

• Subscriber

9. What was the first horror movie to be made in color and not black and white?

The Curse of Frankenstein - 8
JoshBRFC
Caac
Robbie
Lucas
Nudge
Cazza
Deadlinesman
Dr. Gonzo

The House of Wax - 2
Pyfish
Bluewolf

The Exorcist - 1
Stan

• Subscriber

Scores and first round results coming up in the other thread which I'll post in a few as I am tallying results. Once that is done I'll have the next round of Qs out by end of day. 

For anyone that doesn't know where to look - 

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The only person who picks Black as a Primary colour is Stevie Wonder mate...  

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I've had a an absolute Weston Super Mare there xD

This is an example of what happens when you don't read the question properly. You look a tit.

Got what I deserved 1 point, and in truth, was lucky to have that xD

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Got what I deserved 1 point, and in truth, was lucky to have that xD

Funny thing is I also threw away points in that one because of my own stubbornness... You sometimes forget this game is about going with what you think the majority will pick and with John, Deadlinesman & Gonzo playing there was a pretty good chance Red would be picked at least 3 times just by them alone but no, I dug my heels in and it cost me points.. xD

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Funny thing is I also threw away points in that one because of my own stubbornness... You sometimes forget this game is about going with what you think the majority will pick and with John, Deadlinesman & Gonzo playing there was a pretty good chance Red would be picked at least 3 times just by them alone but no, I dug my heels in and it cost me points.. xD

Ah, don't worry about that. Claim the moral victory mate.

Once a Blue, always a Blue.

• Subscriber

@Stan @CaaC (John) @nudge @Lucas @Bluewolf @DeadLinesman @Pyfish @Deco @Robbie @Dr. Gonzo @JOSHBRFC

The Rules or How does this work?

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

Sheep - Season 8 - The Tube - Round 2 - More TV

1. Live Aid 1985 has gone down as a TV special watched by the most people around the world. Name a famous band/artist, besides the remaining Beatles, that got an invite but didn't accept. There is a very limited amount here. 
  2. Name the first US President to televise Presidential News conferences.
  3. Name a famous Chinese TV manufacturer
  4. Name a TV manufacturer who uses FoxConn for their production besides Sony?
  5. Name a modern-day TV manufacturer who started out making smart-phones.
  6. In tribute to the late Alex Trebek, name the two amounts that contestants are not allowed to wager on any answer in Jeopardy. 
  7. Which ONE of these anime production studios has the highest TV ratings in Japan? TV Tokyo | Toei Animation | NHK
  8. In tribute to the late Diego Maradona, what was the time at which Maradona scored the infamous Hand of God? 49, 51, 52, 54 (Please don't try and look it up if possible)
  9. Name a British football TV presenter who has played for and scored in more than four teams. 
  10. If the Sheep got together and made a TV which ONE of these would be the most important factor ? Price | Picture Quality | Functionality

Notes/Rules

• For 1st timers, the rules of the game are simple. You want your answers to these questions to match with one other player or more than one other players. E.g. If your answer is "Wookie" and five other people answer the same then you get 6 points for that question. If you do not match with anyone else you're only going to get 1 point. The winner is the person who has the most points after 5 rounds.
  • Please DM me all your answers and don't post them in here.
  • Please feel free to ask questions for clarification purposes and I'll try and answer them as best as I can.
  • Please do not try and discuss answers to questions until the round is over.
  • I will accept spelling mistakes and words that follow a certain theme. If the answers have to be unique I will call them out specifically with the questions
  • There is no such thing as a WRONG ANSWER. Keep in mind that you can type anything you want and if someone else provides the same answer we can all have a laugh while you'll walk away with 2 or more points.

You all have till Wednesday(Dec 2nd) to get your answers to me. If they all come in sooner I'll have the results out faster as well and we can move to the next round.

Good luck.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived