talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Matchday - 2020/21

football forum

Another win, another 3 points in the bag last night courtesy of a 1-0 home win against St Johnstone. I'd love to see fantastic football full of flair every game but it just won't happen. This season I'll take any win! Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I was more than a bit exasperated with what I had to endure last Sunday where we struggled away to Hamilton. Taking nothing away from the Accies but Gers were very poor with absolutely NO urgency or nous in midfield. Indeed it was the worst I've seen from them for a while. Ideas bucked up after Davis and Jack came on but it was too late. At least it wasn't a defeat, coming away with a 1-1 draw.

And on to Saturday past. Another game of trying to break down a 10 man defence for most of the 90 minutes and it took a brilliant strike from Ryan Jack to seal a 1-0 victory. A win will do for me.

Well after a frustrating 30 minutes or so Gers took the lead thanks to a shot from Joe Aribo and a wee dink by Hagi. A good shot shortly after from Ryan Kent, with the aid of a deflection, saw us going 2-0 up. In the 2nd half a stormer of a shot from Aribo beat the Utd goalie. Aribo really has been a great acquisition as has wee Kent. He can go quiet at times but there is something about him that can turn a game on its head. With Celtic losing in Dingwall later that evening that means on seven points required for title Fifty Five !

On 22/02/2021 at 09:55, Stan said:

Last time we won the title at Parkhead was May, 1999.....I was there that evening and what a day it was. Won 0-3. Hairs on the back of my neck were standing up, what a feeling it was. Celtic fans were going absolutely mental. Celebrations aplenty when we got home.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a scrappy game at the Spaghettihad last night but a late goal from Alfredo Morelos secured a 0-1 away victory and another 3 points. What Beaton the ref was thinking when he booked Morelos for diving when it was a complete stonewaller of a penalty only he knows. Terrible decision and I heard it will be appealed. Four points to go.

13 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

A bit of a scrappy game at the Spaghettihad last night but a late goal from Alfredo Morelos secured a 0-1 away victory and another 3 points. What Beaton the ref was thinking when he booked Morelos for diving when it was a complete stonewaller of a penalty only he knows. Terrible decision and I heard it will be appealed. Four points to go.

The problem with the refereeing performance is... if Morelos gets booked for diving for a penalty. Why didn't Itten get booked (for getting pulled down in the box) if it wasn't a penalty? I swear they just make shit up as they go along.

7 minutes ago, Rab said:

I swear they just make shit up as they go along.

well if Wullie Collum can book Daniel Candeias for sticking out his tongue at the lad Ferdinand but ignore Ferdinand putting his arm around Candeias's throat in a choke hold in a St Mirren v Rangers a few seasons then any shit is possible mate.

41 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Congratulations to Stevie G on finally getting a league title medal.

Not a great advert for Scottish football that a league title can be mathematically wrapped up on the 7th March.

@Rab 

Congratulations on the title.

However I have to ask have Gerrard and the club told the fans to go home? For me they should have made a big point of it. Not good from rangers if they haven't. 

10 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Rab 

Congratulations on the title.

However I have to ask have Gerrard and the club told the fans to go home? For me they should have made a big point of it. Not good from rangers if they haven't. 

Thanks bro. It's a sweet victory.

Congratulations on Rangers winning the league title north of the border and ending nine years of Celtic domination. Their front three of Hagi, Morelos and Kent have particularly impressed me. But Gerrard deserves a lot of credit. He's a young manager who's improved the side and has transformed them into title winning material. Their focus now must surely be winning the Scottish Cup and going as far as possible in the Europa League.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived