• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Matchday - 2020/21

football forum

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/03/2021 at 14:35, Whiskey said:

Not a great advert for Scottish football that a league title can be mathematically wrapped up on the 7th March.

So what do you suggest ? It is what it is and it is no fault of either Rangers or Celtic that the other teams, over a season, are not of the same standard. Unfortunately for Celtic this season they have been poor while Rangers have been excellent domestically and in the Europa League where we have reached the last 16 to date.

16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Didn't answer the question though mate 

I honestly don't care about your question because I'm not getting involved.

I'm tired of COVID-19 regardless of football.

A fine performance by Rangers against St Mirren last Saturday, without ever having to go into top gear. A dominating show and fine goals by Kent, Morelos & Hagi secured a 3 goal victory. I must be honest and say that Celtic only drawing at Tannadice on the Sunday, while it didn't surprise me I did think they would win but there you go. A 0-0 draw was enough to give Rangers title no 55 and most deserved it has been. Best laugh of the day had to be a plane which had been chartered by bluenoses to fly over Tannadice with a large banner as the game was taking place....absolutely brilliant.

The message read: "Can you see us now?! #55 titles"

16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Didn't answer the question though mate 

Here you go

Club Statement 

DURING the last number of weeks, Rangers can confirm that we initiated open dialogue with key stakeholders in relation to the possibility of us achieving a historic 55th league title.

We have proactively engaged with our local MP, the Justice Minister, the Scottish Government, Police Scotland and the SPFL in relation to maintaining a cohesive message regarding public safety during the Covid-19 pandemic.

We understand the jubilance of our support across the world who recognise this has been a historic year for the club.

Nevertheless, it has been of great frustration for all football fans across the world that they have not been able to watch their team within stadiums, especially for the loyal Rangers season-ticket holders who have stood by this football club through thick and thin in the last decade. 

We reiterate the message from our manager, Steven Gerrard, who highlighted that fans should adhere to government guidelines – stay safe, socially distance and look after each other in this difficult time.

We are aware there is the possibility of more, significant milestones within this season, and we will continue to proactively engage with key stakeholders to maintain a cohesive message in relation to government guidance at this present time.

We look forward to further open dialogue with the government, police, SPFL and other key stakeholders.

Can do no more. Anything else is down to the Police to keep the area clear and permit no fans to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Big game at Parkhead today with a noon kick off. Rangers go there knowing the title has been won so there will be less pressure on them in that respect but Steven Gerrard will not allow standards to drop. Celtic will be wanting to restore a bit of pride I'd imagine so it should all add up to a good game. Hopefully the Teddy Bears can come away with another victory.

1-1 result which overall was fair. I've seen better and worse. Rangers weren't at their best but still were good enough to deny Celtic a win although both teams could have got a second goal in the second half. Balogun is most definitely NOT a right fullback as we were cut open down that side on several occasions in the first half but I presume Patterson wasn't 100% fit to start. Anyway, 1-1 & I'll take that. I was pleased to see Morelos get a goal against Celtic at long last.

14 minutes ago, Rab said:

I'm starting to think that I see football completely different from everyone else.

The highlight video I saw he was taken out.  He takes a touch, and a sliding defender takes his foot out from under him. 

Can you argue that it's not enough contact to genuinely trip him? Sure.
Is it a letter of the law penalty? Absolutely. And certainly not a yellow card for diving if a player makes contact. 

Put it in perspective, its far more of a penalty than Harry Kanes. And that was a penalty. 

27 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

It definitely was a dive.

Semantics I know but I've always considered a dive to be no contact. There was contact. I do understand football up in Scotland is a bit more old school though so if that challenge is in line with whats consistent up there then I won't argue with you boys. In the prem they VAR that and it's a penalty though. Every day. 

48 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Semantics I know but I've always considered a dive to be no contact. There was contact. I do understand football up in Scotland is a bit more old school though so if that challenge is in line with whats consistent up there then I won't argue with you boys. In the prem they VAR that and it's a penalty though. Every day. 

If you consider a dive to be no contact then it was a dive.

On 22/03/2021 at 09:13, Rab said:

I'm starting to think that I see football completely different from everyone else.

no you don't.

On 22/03/2021 at 09:30, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The highlight video I saw he was taken out.  He takes a touch, and a sliding defender takes his foot out from under him.

Tbh mate, I saw the video that Rab has posted and there is no contact.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived