talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL Matchday - 2020/21

football forum

2 hours ago, Pugwash said:

Agree with that mate. I'm liking what I see of him. I especially am impressed with his ability to sniff out space in the box and has no hesitation in going for goal....got a couple yesterday.

When I said weak league by the way, that isn't a slight on Rangers who have been supurb domestically, but in Eurooe too, just the standard around them.

I think it was very clever signing by you. Should do very well.

Out of interest, how is Ryan Kent doing? We were heavily linked with him two years on the trot but it never happened.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

When I said weak league by the way, that isn't a slight on Rangers who have been supurb domestically, but in Eurooe too, just the standard around them.

No probs mate, I got what you meant and you're correct when it is compared with the likes of England, Spain, Germany etc etc. Gerrard really has lifted the level domestically season by season since he arrived and it's looking better again this season, hopefully we can keep it up over the term. And he has grabbed us by the scruff of the neck regards Europe since arriving....an excellent record indeed & this season to finish the group on top was tbh beyond most bears expectations.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Out of interest, how is Ryan Kent doing?

I love the wee man. Tbh, he has been a hit or miss this season but when he is on fire he is unplayable. He has something in his locker quite different to others....his skill is phenomenal and perhaps it's a bit unfair but when he receives the ball you are looking for magic every time. A great player to have.

Managed to get the St Johnstone v Rangers game yesterday. 6pm ko which was fine as I didn't need to listen/watch all the doom and gloom pish on the nightly news slots. Anyway, a fine 0-3 win for the Gers with Roofe again on the mark along with Kamara and Hagi. Saints really only had one decent chance but McGregor produced a fine save. Morelos on the bench but came on 2nd half and missed a sitter. His confidence must be really low due to the different kinda of role he's being asked to play this season along with his dearth of goals. On to Ibrox on Saturday when we face Hibs. Live on Sky Sports. Hopefully we do the business and keep the rock a rolling!

Hard fought game against Hibs at Ibrox but we won 1-0 and three more points are in the bag. It wasn't the best of days for a great, free flowing game but both teams made the best of the conditions. At least Hibs made a game of it unlike Smotherwell last week. Onwards and upwards.

A very comfortable win 0-2 to pick up another 3 points. With Celtic winning 3-0 at home to Dundee Utd (no surprise tbh) it was important that the Gers didn't drop anything in Paisley. On to Saturday and a home game at Ibrox against Celtic.

• Administrator

Rangers vs Celtic about to kick-off. With the form of both sides this season it all points to a Rangers win...

Shame there's no fans there as this is usually one of the best derbies these days to watch in UK. Always a bit of spice and bite in it. 

Predictions @Rab @ScoRoss @Inverted @CaaC (John) @Pugwash ?

• Administrator

Rangers haven't been very good at all. Nothing sticking for them and barely anything created. Celtic, on the other hand, been the better side. Tested McGregor more often.

Fundamentally the lack of any settled, natural centre defence has cost the game, and even before today, the season.

The big marquee loan signing from the Barclays, who the board managed to convince to grace the club with his presence, has turned out to be nothing but a typical lower—mid-table plodder. And so a position which was already weak has become a crisis position.

And the endemic softness at set pieces which lost the home tie has evidently never been dealt with.

Rangers have been very good this season, that can’t be helped, but there’s no acceptable reason for the situation to be this bad, from the coach or the board. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Rangers vs Celtic about to kick-off. With the form of both sides this season it all points to a Rangers win...

Shame there's no fans there as this is usually one of the best derbies these days to watch in UK. Always a bit of spice and bite in it. 

Predictions @Rab @ScoRoss @Inverted @CaaC (John) @Pugwash ?

Apologies Stan, I didn't see this post but I would have opted for a win for my team in a tight game. As it turned out we were not at the races first half but upped the pace 2nd half. Not a great spectacle but a win's a win and if you don't play to your best but still win, well it is certainly a bonus. The Celtic sending off was a stonewaller, more like something out of WWE. Nineteen points in front of Celtic who have 3 games in hand. Looking good.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived